PDA

View Full Version : Under-18 & going to Vicar St.............

eskimo_friendly
10-27-2003, 05:09 PM
What are the chances of me getting in? I'm 17, I've got the tickets, now all I need is to get in.smileys/smiley19.gif The person I'm going with is over 18.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Anyone else been in this situation? What happened?

Any advice for getting in?

{I got into Witnness-2003 NO problem (and Witnness was just like one giant bar with a bit of music thrown in for good measure!) and also into every 18's movie I've ever tried to get into since I was 15. }

smileys/smiley2.gif Edited by: eskimo_friendly

Angela
10-27-2003, 05:19 PM
A fellow moderator from a Damien Dempsey board, who was 16 at the time, recently got in with *no* problems whatsoever. Nobody even asked him anything. smileys/smiley20.gif

cartman
10-27-2003, 06:44 PM
Nah, you wont get in defo no,

I know ill buy ur ticket off you.. that sounds good and at least you wont get embarrased by getting refused...

ok??

let me know

Angela
10-27-2003, 07:59 PM
There is a sucker born every minute. Good try, cartman smileys/smiley4.gif

Sionna
10-28-2003, 06:18 AM
Go on cartman!!Keep trying!

fiona
10-28-2003, 03:30 PM
I'm having the same problem.
i emailed DMR and asked and they said that unfortunatly there was no was i'd be allowed in and offered to give me a refund
but everyone i've been talking to says that vicar st arent very strict on the door for big gigs and i should have no problem getting in.
the thing is i'm 16 but look younger, the girls i'm goin with are 16 too

Sionna
10-28-2003, 03:49 PM
Go for it I'd say.I'm underage and have never got turned away if I had a ticket,well once but I just ran past the bouncer anyway and it was the day that sh*tty new law came in bout under 21's having id.Walk in with a group of older people if your really nervous,most people wont mind.Slap on the make-up fiona that always works!smileys/smiley4.gif

Aisling
10-28-2003, 06:21 PM
heheh fifi. eskimo friendly just bring me with you!! works for some...

Sionna
10-29-2003, 06:27 AM
Yeah bring Aisling she's good luck,never get kicked out when I'm with her.smileys/smiley10.gif

Gatsby
10-29-2003, 07:38 AM
i was never asked for id in there when i was under age... im sure they wont give a flying f**k anyways....

daol20
10-29-2003, 07:41 AM
Yeah, i cant see them being too strict. In most cases at gigs they just seem tofocus on taking your ticket off you, and keeping the queue moving.When ever i went to a gig and was under agei was never stopped.

cartman
10-30-2003, 09:25 AM
you can give me yer tickets, really im not joking, itll be terrible if ye get refused. and ye woint geta refund then lost out in 25eur but ill give whoever 30eur!!!

unexplainedmuse
10-30-2003, 12:08 PM
wow....for a little while there i was afraid i was one of his youngest fans

i saw him in pittsburgh this september...and in the states you have to be 21 to gain entry into taverns(not sure of overseas laws)

i was waiting in line all day...but im only 18, and i was denied entry...so i was really bummed out. i stuck around though, cuz i had nothing else to do, and if i wouldve went home i wouldve been miserable....so i sat around hoping someone would keep the door open so i could at least listen....but thena few minutes after damien goes into the venue.....one of thepeople working the show came out and let me in...making me promise not to drink..

never got so happy so quick in my life...

so good luck to ya...maybe youll find a savior like i did if they deny your entry.

Angela
10-30-2003, 12:11 PM
Welcome to the igloo unexplainedmuse smileys/smiley31.gif Yeah, sometimes you can get a hold of Damien, too, and he'll let you in. How nice of the venue staff to let you in! smileys/smiley4.gif

ayco
10-30-2003, 12:42 PM
Just wondering: do you have to be 21 to go to gigs in Ireland?! smileys/smiley5.gif

unexplainedmuse
10-30-2003, 12:47 PM
thanks..i probably shouldve introduced myself...lol..ill probably do that now..

im not sure...but i think damien may even have had something to do with it..right before i got let in..he walked by me and gave me a look like 'what the hell are you still outside for?'

so......never know

*shrugs*

Sionna
10-30-2003, 01:21 PM
Just wondering: do you have to be 21 to go to gigs in Ireland?! smileys/smiley5.gif
Hahahaha!!God no!I'd cry then probably just fall down and die!smileys/smiley11.gif

bubbub
11-04-2003, 05:02 PM
just bring a fake id youll be grand, and offer of a good blow job might help if the bouncers are freindly.

Ian.
11-07-2003, 01:13 PM
i would'nt worry. got into the vibe for philo in vacar st when i was 16. went to the vibe in crumlin when i was 17.the bouncers there gave me grief prob because its a residential area but my mates dad said he was my dad and they ket me in. you're usually ok if you have someone overage with you. i cant see the bouncers in vicar st being too worried. ifwe oldiessee anyone with problems we should tell them we'll play big brother for them.

Strawberry
11-07-2003, 01:46 PM
you can give me yer tickets, really im not joking, itll be terrible if ye get refused. and ye woint geta refund then lost out in 25eur but ill give whoever 30eur!!!

Just as a totally useless fact... the tickets to the gig in Milan only cost 5 Eur! smileys/smiley3.gif

That must have been the most value for money ever encountered by far! My student budget was a happy camper... smileys/smiley4.gif

Angela
11-07-2003, 01:55 PM
Damien in April in Boston was free. There were empty seats, too. smileys/smiley4.gif

I have a copy of a poster of Jeff (Buckley) playing in Poertland for free, too.

See GOD for free! smileys/smiley11.gif Pay $xxx to see (*insert crappy "musician"*)

fiona
11-07-2003, 04:44 PM
if i dont get in there will be tears. all my friends look older than me so they'll get in and i'll be left outside crying my little under-age eyes out

Damien if by some freakish chance you read this, let me in! i promise i'll be good and wont do anything over 18!

Angela
11-07-2003, 05:32 PM
Don't worry! You'll get in. smileys/smiley14.gif

WeeAngel
11-11-2003, 11:17 AM
Stop complainin! at least you've got bloody tickets!"!!smileys/smiley19.gif you'll b grad i'm only sixteen and i was 15 wen i went 2 witnness 2003 i dont really look old! d bouncers neva stopped me!!
just wear a low cut top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!smileys/smiley2.gif

unexplainedmuse
11-19-2003, 01:47 AM
lol...i gave the bouncer who let me in, the hugest hug in the world...damien too......smileys/smiley4.gif

so...perhaps try offering a hug?...lol..

god i was so happy to get into that place i was shaking..

it was funny as hell to go back and read all the angry depressed poetry i wrote waiting outside too

drainer
11-23-2003, 10:12 AM
I'm so glad I'm 18! Only months ago I was in the same boat and I've even been singled out by Paddy Courtney in one of his shows for looking 9 years old! But don't worry Fiona, follow Wee Angel's advice - wear a low cut top and smile at the bouncers! It always worked for me!smileys/smiley8.gif

Scon
11-23-2003, 05:05 PM
People always seem to be worried about getting into gigs in Dublin, yet I've never seen anybody asked for ID in any of the venues here (Ambassador, Olympia, Whelans, Point, Vicar Street). I've been to my fair share of gigs too.

So I can fairly confidently say you'll be fine smileys/smiley1.gif