PDA

View Full Version : Rss Feed?

owlie
10-28-2006, 05:42 PM
I searched for "rss", and it had no results.

Would it be possible to have an RSS feed for the site? At the moment, it gets annoying to have to check it every day.

Bumpman
10-28-2006, 05:56 PM
No there isn't as yet. Sorry you have to check it every day, it really is a hard-knock life.

administrator
10-28-2006, 07:41 PM
i'll look into it for you

PenguinBoy
10-28-2006, 08:52 PM
http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9094&highlight=feed

I SUGESTED IT TOO, and i also say, YES YES YES. and it's available for vBulletin, so that it's automatic! which IS what this site uses!

I was ignored :(.

Does everyone now know what an rss feed is?

It's like a really simple list. with a little bit of code to discribe the relavance of items on the list (title, detail or link). It's not like a webpage (html) as there is no formatting information whatsoever. That small amount of information, is something that can be read and pasted into other websites all over the internet or onto specific RSS readers.

The usefulness of it, is that it can be updated extremely easilly by programs like "vBulletin", which is what this forum uses. And these updates (a new entry on the list) will be shown on everywhere then rss has been pasted. Like the headlines of a news website. So when you see there is something new. You can click on the headline, and it can bring you to that post on ESKIMOfriends. Or onto the news entry that it references.

Wheels
10-28-2006, 11:57 PM
Do you mean an rss of the forum? or of the news?

PenguinBoy
10-29-2006, 06:16 AM
i think one of the forum would be handy :D (and easier). But news would also bee good. maybe better, seeing that people don't check it enough!