PDA

View Full Version : lisa vs jones

october
11-12-2003, 07:50 AM
does anyone else think lisa sounds like norah jones, they both have a sullen, suductive sounding voice

Gatsby
11-12-2003, 08:23 AM
yes but dont most talented female singers? i wouldnt compare lisa or norah to anyone else... i think they are both distinctive singers yet there are always going to be comparisons... sinead o'connor sounds more similar in my view (maybe cos they both sang silent night)smileys/smiley4.gif

Enoch
11-12-2003, 01:02 PM
Norah Jones has one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard - smooth and jazzy. I can't see past it. Not dissing Lisa but I prefer Norah.

kristine
11-12-2003, 01:07 PM
I strongly prefer Lisa...though, Nora is clearly more popular...I think she had the number one selling record in the world, according to one list I saw recently.

cartman
11-12-2003, 01:14 PM
ya but they have the same attidtude which is pretty cool

tis_me_Tania
11-12-2003, 03:28 PM
..i prefer Lisa. when i listened to Norah Jones' cd it wasnt bad but.. ive heard better.i really like Norah now, but at firstmost of her songs wouldnt really stick. but with Lisa.. her voice gets my attention immediately.

VolcanoLola
11-12-2003, 07:00 PM
when i listened to Norah Jones' cd it wasnt bad but.. ive heard better.i really like Norah now, but at firstmost of her songs wouldnt really stick.

I felt the same about Norah when I first heard her. I thought her voice was very beautiful, but none of her songs really connected with me, they all blended together. I like Lisa's voice a lot, though I feel she holds back a bit, she's already got any amazing voice, but she should really let it loose. "Be My Husband" and "Then Go" are my fave things to hear her sing.

Krystian
11-12-2003, 09:43 PM
"Be My Husband" and "Then Go" are my fave things to hear her sing.

Those are my top Fav Lisa songs smileys/smiley14.gif

october
11-13-2003, 05:04 PM
i thought by my husband was sung by nina simmone, is there another version

Johan
11-17-2003, 11:11 AM
Lisa is like the women odysses' met on the beach in greece
Without eating us up of course

That kinda gives my cent on this topic...or something smileys/smiley4.gif

Wheels
11-17-2003, 11:16 AM
October, Lisa sings a cover of 'Be My Husband' with Damien drumming on the back of his guitar... the original is by Nina... I prefer Lisa's version!

october
11-17-2003, 12:02 PM
never heard that verson,

flaery
12-17-2003, 04:22 PM
I think they are both good. Lisa sings more folk/blues, and Norah is more jazzy. In some ways I prefer Lisa because she seems to have a bigger range and her tone is clearer--not as raspy. Some people might prefer the raspy sound, though.

Hannah
12-18-2003, 02:10 PM
when i listened to Norah Jones' cd it wasnt bad but.. ive heard better.i really like Norah now, but at firstmost of her songs wouldnt really stick.

I felt the same about Norah when I first heard her. I thought her voice was very beautiful, but none of her songs really connected with me, they all blended together. I like Lisa's voice a lot, though I feel she holds back a bit, she's already got any amazing voice, but she should really let it loose. "Be My Husband" and "Then Go" are my fave things to hear her sing.

the same thing happened with me! i own Norah's cd and love it, but at first it wouldnt do anything for me. Lisa's voice is much more delicate and soothing, which is why i prefer her.

Krystian
12-21-2003, 01:06 AM
Lisa's voice is much more delicate and soothing, which is why i prefer her.

that it is !!smileys/smiley14.gif

october
12-21-2003, 03:59 PM
hey krystian, i nearlly bought a cello the other day, it was for sale for only 90 euros, but i would have had to get strings,

Illusions
12-21-2003, 04:04 PM
i prefer lisa as well...and i think that she is hotter too!!smileys/smiley17.gif

Krystian
12-22-2003, 12:34 AM
hey krystian, i nearlly bought a cello the other day, it was for sale for only 90 euros, but i would have had to get strings,

http://www.freecfm.com/d/damien/forum/smileys/smiley3.gifomg! really? whats the exchange rate for a euro to a usd?

strings aren't that expensive

Hannah
12-22-2003, 01:30 PM
...and i think that she is hotter too!!smileys/smiley17.gif

ha-ha! i dont think that counts! smileys/smiley17.gifsmileys/smiley4.gif

october
01-01-2004, 09:20 PM
she is hotter