PDA

View Full Version : The next album

administrator
09-18-2002, 04:15 PM
Just wondering what people think will be on the next album?

Damien's always said it's going to be a loud one, so I'm guessing that means song like "Groovin'" and "Childish" won't be on it... I guess it'll have songs like...

Face, Woman Like a Man, Me My Yoke & I, Tongue, Toffee Pop... i know damien also said Baby Sister might be on it...

and i hope it has Front Door, Bottom Shelfand We Kill...

and what about Sand and the other songs i'm forgetting?

What would you like to see on it?

I think it's going to be an amazing amazing amazing album...

administrator
09-18-2002, 04:15 PM
Just wondering what people think will be on the next album?

Damien's always said it's going to be a loud one, so I'm guessing that means song like "Groovin'" and "Childish" won't be on it... I guess it'll have songs like...

Face, Woman Like a Man, Me My Yoke & I, Tongue, Toffee Pop... i know damien also said Baby Sister might be on it...

and i hope it has Front Door, Bottom Shelfand We Kill...

and what about Sand and the other songs i'm forgetting?

What would you like to see on it?

I think it's going to be an amazing amazing amazing album...

loveonautocue
09-20-2002, 02:47 PM
he was chatting about that at the music city in-store and said they were going to try and start messing around in the studio over the next fewweeks. whether that's postponedtil this series of gigsfinishes or not, i dunno, butat the time hedefinitely mentioned woman like a man, me my yoke and i and face as going on it.might end up similar to the "angry"show atwhelans a few months back which was rocking. he did playgroovin' and childish that night though as far as i can remember, so maybe they'll get onto the album after all.obviously i'd like to see fool on it,maybe as a livehidden track at the end?can't wait :D

i'm going to be seeing him three days in a row next week - thurs @ college if that's what day it's happening, friday and sat in mullingar. yay unintentional stalkery! hehe...

loveonautocue
09-20-2002, 02:47 PM
he was chatting about that at the music city in-store and said they were going to try and start messing around in the studio over the next fewweeks. whether that's postponedtil this series of gigsfinishes or not, i dunno, butat the time hedefinitely mentioned woman like a man, me my yoke and i and face as going on it.might end up similar to the "angry"show atwhelans a few months back which was rocking. he did playgroovin' and childish that night though as far as i can remember, so maybe they'll get onto the album after all.obviously i'd like to see fool on it,maybe as a livehidden track at the end?can't wait :D

i'm going to be seeing him three days in a row next week - thurs @ college if that's what day it's happening, friday and sat in mullingar. yay unintentional stalkery! hehe...

Wheels
08-25-2003, 03:33 AM
Just thought I'd bring back to life a topic from the past... this was before Damien started to get known outside Ireland was it? Or had he already done morning becomes eclectic?

Anyway, we seem no closer to the new album... anyone got a feeling of when it might be? or do we know any more about what will be on it?

janedoe
08-25-2003, 04:09 AM
Id say all the ones Emmett mentioned hava a good chance of beong on but there are others that i cant remember the names of, much deeper, darker and rockier is my guess (emphasis on the darker side) smileys/smiley7.gif

daol20
08-25-2003, 06:12 AM
I hope theres none of the above on the newalbum in a way! Want a whole load of new songs. Not that theres anything wrong with those songs ofcourse (they're some ofmy favourite), but wouldnt want to go out and buy the album to find i'd been listening to most of the songs for ages already. There be no excitment to it.

Wheels
08-25-2003, 06:14 AM
What about some funky remixes of them? the likes of which have NEVER been heard? smileys/smiley3.gif

daol20
08-25-2003, 06:25 AM
Yeah maybe. I'm sure for the benefit of the albums success he should probably use the best songs he's got. Which would include most of those songs. So in terms of the people who havent heard them it would be a great album. Its just for the likes of all of us that have heard them for so long.

Dont know what kind of remix though. Like the way he changesthe way he sings asong a little, on each live performance? Or like a total revamp?

gally45
08-25-2003, 06:44 AM
yeah i think remixes could be good alright for example the live version of Volcano is much better than the album version and i think the single version of cannonball with the drums is better than than the album version too. I hope bottom shelf and sand are on the next album I would like groovin to be there too but I dont think it will be cause its a bit short. Im sure there will be a few songs anyway that nobody has heard before,hopefully!

janedoe
08-25-2003, 06:58 AM
Nah he'll keep groovin for a single B side I reckon! And some of the ones we all like for hidden tracks maybe theyll be remixed but the main body will be straight forward enough any one agree?

Gatsby
08-25-2003, 10:16 AM
Well Aisling mentioned to me that Baby Sister was played on the radio recently and they said it will be on the new album to come in 2004...

i just hope his version of tongue is on it as well as boring afternoon,moody mooday, sand, face, Now Go, We Kill, Toffee pop and hopefully some ones he has never played before...

id say the album will be out early - mid 2004 once he is tired of touring the US and europe and finally comes back to ussmileys/smiley4.gifEdited by: Jeweller

Sionna
08-26-2003, 03:03 PM
All i wanna hear is the blowers daughter part 2,not that the song is one of my faves but i really wanna know what it sounds like.Have to say i prefer Lucy Jones part 1 myselfsmileys/smiley2.gif

Angela
08-26-2003, 03:21 PM
Moody Monday would be great! It would fit well with the "angrier" stuff.

BD pt. 2 sounds like Creep, if you ask me smileys/smiley5.gif. I only heard it once, on the Paradiso web cast.

Gatsby
08-26-2003, 04:43 PM
All i wanna hear is the blowers daughter part 2,not that the song is one of my faves but i really wanna know what it sounds like.Have to say i prefer Lucy Jones part 1 myselfsmileys/smiley2.gif

The sequals never live up to the originalssmileys/smiley4.gif

Wheels
08-26-2003, 04:45 PM
erhm... Angela... it's Mooday... Moody Mooday... it can be any day of the week... smileys/smiley33.gif

Aisling
08-26-2003, 05:29 PM
yeah i heard baby sister on the radio, i was really freaked out-thought it was a cd or something but apparently so, it will be the album. others i hope he'll include; face, fool, sand, insane, tongue, in fact i think he should put the first song he ever wrote on the album. has anybody heard it? its ridiculous!!!

Angela
08-26-2003, 06:20 PM
erhm... Angela... it's Mooday... Moody Mooday... it can be any day of the week... smileys/smiley33.gif

You are kidding! smileys/smiley3.gif Somebody sent it to me on a disc labeled as "Monday" smileys/smiley11.gif

janedoe
08-27-2003, 03:28 AM
Do you mean Groovin?? that was the first real song he wrote.

Wheels
08-27-2003, 04:50 AM
Fraid so Angela... check the lyrics page... but it's a common mistake... I saw others on here say that too and eventually had to say something.

It's like when people sing along to Eskimo at the gigs... you hear 'and I look to my EskimoFriends' which is a big compliment to Emmmett cos it should be the singular! smileys/smiley17.gif

Aisling
08-27-2003, 09:37 AM
no his first song wasnt groovin. he wrote it when he was fourteen, its about things songs should be about as he said himself. he wanted to write about a girl who broke his heart or something but didnt know any girls at the time so his first song is written about a girl he made up that broke his heart. now for yis!

Angela
08-27-2003, 10:12 AM
Fraid so Angela... check the lyrics page...

What a cool title ... Mooday. smileys/smiley32.gif Ah, the genius.

Wheels
08-27-2003, 10:44 AM
Personally I've never liked Moody Mooday... smileys/smiley5.gif

janedoe
08-27-2003, 10:51 AM
WOT tut tut wheels!!!!

administrator
08-27-2003, 11:10 AM
yeah shame on you, that's one of my favourites

gally45
08-27-2003, 11:22 AM
gotta give wheels some support! not mad about it either to be honest, sorry!

Gatsby
08-27-2003, 11:24 AM
i think its class... definately make my top 10smileys/smiley1.gif

daol20
08-27-2003, 01:13 PM
It isnt one of my favourites, but its ok. I dont dislike it.

daol20
08-27-2003, 01:19 PM
i just hope his version of tongue is on it as well as boring afternoon,moody mooday, sand, face, Now Go, We Kill, Toffee pop and hopefully some ones he has never played before...

Jeweller, have you (or anybody else!) got a copy of "Tongue","Boring Afternoon","We Kill" or "Now Go", havent heard them. Love to get my hands on'em.
Edited by: daol20

Loveless
08-27-2003, 01:54 PM
any truth in the rumour that the new album is going to be called "O2"? Haha (only messin') smileys/smiley17.gif

Gatsby
08-27-2003, 02:49 PM
lol... thats class

and im afraid i dont have copies of those songs dara

Angela
08-27-2003, 02:50 PM
How 'bout "H2O"? smileys/smiley4.gif

Gatsby
08-27-2003, 02:54 PM
now you're pushing itsmileys/smiley4.gif

h2oooooooooo yeahsmileys/smiley2.gif

Aisling
08-28-2003, 03:31 PM
to like moody mooday you gotta listen to it in a big dusk lit empty room on a MASSIVE p.a system!!!! oh lord, you'll find it hard to breathe after.

katinka
08-29-2003, 05:02 AM
How 'bout "H2O"? smileys/smiley4.gif

in fact at the amsterdam gig damien joked it's gonna be called O2

tasha039
08-29-2003, 11:41 AM
mmm, maybe cold water, or mooday mooday cause I am having a pretty foul year.

tasha039
09-02-2003, 04:46 PM
correction..just mooday mooday. Misread the question

pece_album
09-06-2003, 01:43 PM
THIS MAY SEEM DUMB AND CLOSED MINDED

BUT I REALLY DIDNT KNOW PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF CALIFORNIA LISTEN TO MORNING BECOMES ECLECTIC....

THAT IS SOO COOL

ONE DAY IM GONNA SEND MY MUSIC IN SO I CAN GET IT PLAYED ON THE SHOW

SEND SOME GOOD VIBES MY WAY

RANZA IS COMING

Angela
09-06-2003, 02:22 PM
I REALLY DIDNT KNOW PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF CALIFORNIA LISTEN TO MORNING BECOMES ECLECTIC

You are kidding, aren't you? smileys/smiley3.gif Do you realize they sell CD's, too? It is one of the most respected shows in the US outside of mainstream pap and the gateway into the US market for foreign acts (Letterman is second in line). Nic Harcourt sits on the panel of the Shortlist, too.

Wheels
09-12-2003, 08:26 AM
For those of you who can't read the hotpress interview until it's put online here is an excerpt re the next album.

Damien says "I've got the next album and the third album written. The next album is so different. I would find it hard to write a follow-up to O where it's a similar, acoustic, melancholic record. The next album is kind of filthy, aggressive, bitter and broken. It's just really angry. Plus the music is very different."

So he's got two more albums ready... but he's still touring with O and will be for some time by the sounds of it... maybe he'll never get round to the second album, let alone the third!

Pete
09-12-2003, 11:35 AM
he will get round to it in his own time. id rather wait than make the fella rush it. on the choice of songs, i really like Insane from one of the KCRW sessions. i love KCRW, nic harcourt is something of a legned with me and my friends.

Angela
09-12-2003, 02:09 PM
Nic Harcourt for president! smileys/smiley20.gif

Ah, one can dream....smileys/smiley6.gif

administrator
09-12-2003, 02:51 PM
yeah, agreed. he's great! just listened to an interview he had with eddie izzard, very funny. i recommend listening to it if you get the time

Pete
09-12-2003, 05:39 PM
i have an mp3 of turin brakes from kcrw and at the end of the track, nic goes "nicely done!" and it makes me laugh everytime. i even sometimes listen just for that bit......i am a loser yes.

Aisling
09-13-2003, 07:41 AM
he says he has two albums written so maybe the new one will be the likes of moody/my city sh*tty/tongue and the third will be groovin childish lonelily ah he couldnt do that tho....dont mind me...

Wheels
09-13-2003, 08:11 AM
Well he did say angry for album two and cheery/joyous for album three

daol20
09-13-2003, 11:49 AM
i have an mp3 of turin brakes from kcrw and at the end of the track, nic goes "nicely done!"

Any chance i can get that off you?? Im a big fan of TurinBrakes!!

Angela
09-13-2003, 01:30 PM
Any chance i can get that off you?? Im a big fan of Turin*Brakes!!</font>

I don't have those files, but in the meantime, Daragh, do you have the links to all their shows?

smileys/smiley14.gifMay 9th 2001 (http://www.kcrw.com/cgi-bin/db/kcrw.pl?show_code=mb&air_date=5/9/01&tmplt_type=show)

smileys/smiley14.gifJune 4th 2002 (http://www.kcrw.com/cgi-bin/db/kcrw.pl?show_code=mb&air_date=6/4/02&tmplt_type=show)

smileys/smiley14.gifJune 13th 2003 (http://www.kcrw.com/cgi-bin/db/kcrw.pl?show_code=mb&air_date=6/13/03&tmplt_type=show) (audio & video)

smileys/smiley14.gifBrixton Academy, March 21st 2003 - full gig as streaming video (http://www.xfm.co.uk/article.asp?id=6171)

Pete
09-14-2003, 10:47 AM
sure thing though i dont know how to get the mp3 unto your good self. the song they do is "angel" by shaggy. its marvellous. tell me how i can send it to you and i will do it

The Kitten
09-18-2003, 09:09 AM
I hope some of the KCRW songs are on it, like Sand (Be With You) and Insane, but as long as he sticks with what he does best and doesn't give us any crap like Lonelily.

And whats with playing millions of gigs all over the world and depriving us of his live talents?

Sionna
09-21-2003, 02:35 PM
Lonelily isnt crap,its a beautiful song.As for the the depriving us of his live talents,he's doing a gig in vicar street in december,not that i'll be able to go smileys/smiley19.gif

The Jumper
09-21-2003, 04:43 PM
Aaah the dilemmas of global domination... on the plus side by the time he does finally go in the studio he can run off the tracks pretty quick.... and then tour them and start playing the album 3 tracks at the gigs and on and on and on ..... one can never rush genius and every genius throws something unexpected in the final mix smileys/smiley2.gif

but I must admit to being a more than a little impatient for the next album while our American brothers and sisters play catch up

kavu478
09-21-2003, 06:00 PM
Sucks being on this side of the pond... but he's here for now so we'll enjoy it. I'm hope'n for "sand" and "insane" myself, but hey...I'm not picky.

The Kitten
09-22-2003, 09:14 AM
Lonelily isnt crap,its a beautiful song.As for the the depriving us of his live talents,he's doing a gig in vicar street in december,not that i'll be able to go smileys/smiley19.gif

I think one gig in December, along with the Witness appearance, and his special guest appearance at the Oxfam gig back in Aprilcounts as depriving us of this live talents - expecially when he's doing so many gigs in the states and the UKsmileys/smiley7.gif

Wheels
09-22-2003, 10:50 AM
But he gigged here incessantly for all of 2001 and 2002... Right up until Jan 1 2003 if memory serves...

And he said another Irish tour early in the new year, and possibly the second album!

Not long to wait Kit. smileys/smiley17.gif

The Kitten
09-22-2003, 11:34 AM
But he gigged here incessantly for all of 2001 and 2002... Right up until Jan 1 2003 if memory serves...

And he said another Irish tour early in the new year, and possibly the second album!

Not long to wait Kit. smileys/smiley17.gif

But I want to see him NOW! Now Mammy now!

Wheels
09-22-2003, 11:42 AM
Yeah... smileys/smiley3.gif erhm... I'm not your Mammy...

The Kitten
09-22-2003, 12:03 PM
Yeah... smileys/smiley3.gif erhm... I'm not your Mammy...

Its a joke you monkey! where's your frickin sense of humour

Wheels
09-22-2003, 03:35 PM
Erhm... go up two messages...smileys/smiley20.gif

neil_eats
09-27-2003, 01:27 PM
he must be sitting on a few secrets hes not played yet

thetonyblair
09-27-2003, 07:24 PM
by the time the second album comes out he might have been maybe a bit overexposed. everywhere i have been going lately I have heard 'O'. The fact that its so high up the album charts n stuff is a wee bit sad for me. I know he will still be Damien Rice if he plays in a big Venue but i dont want that to happen. I dont want 'O' to sell anymore than it has already. In fact on the release date of the new album, If damien has become a common name am going to Boycott the place!
Chances are that it will be a good album.Well here's hoping.

tasha039
09-27-2003, 11:21 PM
the u.s. has not tainted Damien yet so I should expect followers will enjoy the second album, right Steve?

Sionna
09-28-2003, 09:40 AM
Haha nice!

The Kitten
09-28-2003, 11:28 AM
Haha nice!

Monkeys

Sionna
09-28-2003, 07:14 PM
I'm confused,isnt the the monkey your avatar?!?smileys/smiley2.gif But we all know that Aisling is our very own little monkey around here hee hee.

The Kitten
09-29-2003, 04:36 PM
The Monkey may be my avatar but I want to change my name to Little Donkey - is it possible?

Sionna
09-30-2003, 06:40 AM
I dont think so,I wanted to change mine too but Ive too many posts to start with a new usernamesmileys/smiley6.gif

Aisling
09-30-2003, 05:06 PM
stop with the monkey fifi

rachel705
09-30-2003, 11:10 PM
Hello. I'm sort of a new Damien Rice listener. I was wondering if there was a place I could listen to those Damien songs that are not on 'O' or if you just heard them at gigs?

tasha039
09-30-2003, 11:27 PM
YOU CAN LISTEN TO THEM HERE OR DAMIENRICE.UK.NET OR YEA, i THINK THAT IS ABOUT IT.

rachel705
10-01-2003, 01:07 PM
cheers tasha!

Volcano
12-07-2003, 02:32 AM
I wamt new songs

julia
12-07-2003, 07:26 AM
Hello. I'm sort of a new Damien Rice listener. I was wondering if there was a place I could listen to those Damien songs that are not on 'O' or if you just heard them at gigs?</font>

I heard most of them by downloading them from a program such as kazaa.. They have alot of them, and alot of live tracks too... Oh also I have to add I loooove the song 'Lonelily' so coolsmileys/smiley17.gif Edited by: jbalogh

Wheels
01-05-2004, 11:13 AM
If they are re-releasing 'O' in the US this month they won't want to see the second album for a very long time... Damien wants it to be this year, but can any of you see that happening? I wouldn't expect it until 2005...

If it were at the tail end of 2004 then that would probably only be in Ireland and maybe the UK...

Even that is unlikely as he'll probably have to tour a huge amount in the US this year again... they won't launch here in Europe if he's not available to tour with it, would they?

Bumpman
01-05-2004, 12:15 PM
That's a scary thought wheels, bad things like that don't happen in real life, "god loves his children" remember, correct me if i'm wrong but O has been re-released here too (with the slightly different album covers), did we see a big tour? did we? i think no... i reckon Damien's the type of chap who's just going to tour where he wants when he wants, i hope i'm right, if not...smileys/smiley19.gif