PDA

View Full Version : Damien’s stance on recording gigs

Philby
04-14-2003, 09:06 AM
I was wondering if damien minded people recording gigs (Obviously just for listening @ home, not selling on to others). I see there are a few live mp3s floating about so if anyone knows what damien's opinion on it is it'd be handy. Cheers

Mario
04-20-2003, 11:49 PM
Chill on this a bit. I emailed his management crew concerning taping at the US dates. Theyreplied Wednesday saying they'd have to look into it and get back to me. With the holiday and all, Im sure it'll be till this week before they discuss it, and I will post the email up on here for you.

tmterry
04-28-2003, 05:42 AM
I was at the Joe's Pub gig in NYC in March, and the guy I was with asked Damien himself if we could record, and Damien shrugged, smiled and said, "I don't care."

Mario
04-29-2003, 10:05 AM
They got back to me:

Mario
<DIV>I thought our sound engineer had been on to you already?</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>We have a strictly 'no taping' policy at all gigs.</DIV>
<DIV>
Cheers</DIV>
<DIV>Fiona</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV> Im in Philly, and there's two nights here, so Im going to see if I can talk to Damien the first night about taping the second night. Obviously not bug him, but if I get a chance to talk, since these are tiny venues I think I will, I'll see what I can work out.</DIV>

Mario
05-07-2003, 10:55 PM
Spoke to Damien after tonights gig. What he told me is that he doesn't want SBD tapes, and won't give patches, because he thinks they sound horrible and doesn't want that circulating.

However, he was very enthusiastic about AUD tapes, (setting up a mic stand and recording), and emphatic that they is definetly allowed.

AllThatLies
06-04-2003, 07:40 PM
Fiona seems to be a tad nazi-ish and always says no recording...Ben said it's fine just don't sell anything...Damien says he doesn't care...i nicely told them (fiona and ben) to get their sh*t straight and agree on a set policy

EMail girl
06-11-2003, 02:49 PM
I filmed 3 songs with permission from Ben. I asked Damien afterwards if he minded. To quote, he said, "I don't mind at all!" He was jet lagged but managed a tired and sincere smile.</font>

Rusche
06-11-2003, 05:27 PM
Hey email girl, is there anyway you could like send the songs to me or something, i've only been able to see one of his own concerts over here and would love to see more,

thanks

AllThatLies
06-12-2003, 04:30 AM
talked to ben and fiona. ben said it's fine for non commercial use and fiona agreed to go with what ben said.

EMail girl
06-12-2003, 11:00 AM
Rusche:

Please send me your email so I can discuss this further with you.

AllThatLies
06-13-2003, 02:52 AM
were you talking to me?