PDA

View Full Version : There's nothing better...

Lin@
04-15-2007, 10:09 PM
...than taking a walk late at night, listening to Damien Rice and enjoying the calmness of the world, the smell of fresh cut grass, the starlit sky. And then, just when you're listening to Amie, you spot a shooting star. And even though your life kind of sucks lately and you just went out of the house cause you really needed to clear your messy head, this weird coincidence makes you so happy at that particular moment that you can't even think of anything to wish for. You just have this freakin smile on your face that doesn't wear off until you're back home.
God, this really made my day. Or night, actually.
I should go for another walk. Maybe I'll spot a spaceship then.

bambi
04-15-2007, 10:14 PM
wow:D
go find a spaceship!

Wheels
04-15-2007, 10:17 PM
:) Just like the story of why Damien wrote it in the first place :)

verenita
04-17-2007, 05:11 PM
you right... there´s nothing better (problably)...
i´m glad for you and this amazing experience!... i´m kind of know what you´re talking about!

Calum
04-17-2007, 06:10 PM
I couldn't agree more.

MzLee
04-17-2007, 11:47 PM
oh yeah..that's what i like to hear :D nothing better indeed.

SisterMidnight
04-18-2007, 03:36 PM
i saw a spaceship fly by my window a few months ago..

Bright Lights Reported Over Midwest Skies

February 05, 2007

Source: Startribune.com Associated Press

From southeastern Wisconsin to as far as Des Moines, Iowa and St. Louis, people reported seeing balls of fire, possibly meteors, streaking across the sky Sunday night.

MILWAUKEE — From southeastern Wisconsin to as far as Des Moines, Iowa and St. Louis, people reported seeing balls of fire, possibly meteors, streaking across the sky last night.
No major meteor showers were expected in the northern hemisphere on Sunday night, said Jim Lattis, director of the University of Wisconsin-Madison astronomy department's Space Place. But he said it was possible that a minor shower may have been what prompted calls to authorities.

The National Weather Service's Sullivan office said reports were called in from Iowa, northern Illinois and on up to Green Bay.

Dozens of people throughout the St. Louis region and Illinois reported small objects that looked like bright lights or something burning, with flaming tails behind some of them, said Ken Tretter, with the Missouri State Highway Patrol in St. Louis.

In Wisconsin, a Waukesha County dispatch supervisor said two callers reported a sighting around 8:15 p.m.

The Winnebago County Sheriff's Department said it received calls from Oshkosh, Ripon, Appleton, Neenah, and Pulaski, among others.

A preliminary report Sunday indicated that the lights were from a meteor, said Maj. April Cunningham, a spokeswoman for North American Aerospace Defense Command, or NORAD, which watches for airborne threats to the United States and Canada.

"We had a pilot reporting seeing a meteor and that's really all the information we have tonight," Cunningham said

i don't care what they say, that was no frickin meteor.. can't say i was listening to amie at the time (that would be a coincidence!) but i was reminded of the lyrics :)

Wheels
04-18-2007, 03:57 PM
I remember a small article in the paper here in Cork talking about a fireball or something being seen over the city early one morning not too long ago... wonder if it was the same event.

SisterMidnight
04-18-2007, 04:01 PM
i don't know but what i saw wasn't tiny it was huge! i thought a plane was going down in flames at first but it looked too big to even be a plane..

if there were no meteor showers predicted i don't think they just spring up out of nowhere like that and if NORAD didn't really know what it was.. hmm..

Lin@
04-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Something like that?

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3214/3910532h300pd1w400he9.jpg

SisterMidnight
04-23-2007, 01:56 AM
jeez what is that? it's kind of frightening..

no it looked more like this only bigger and rounder

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/SisterMidnight/fireball_burnett_big.jpg

this one was spotted over australia in november and apparently was accompanied by a sonic boom :smiley3: