PDA

View Full Version : ESKMAS 2007 - Deadline Nov 25

borneoman
11-11-2007, 05:44 AM
THE ESKIMO SECRET SANTA CHRISTMAS PRESENT EXCHANGE 2007 is here!!!!!!!!!!!! I talked with Penguin and he passed me the batton to organize this!!!!!!!!!!!! No restrictions, anybody can join, new eskimos, old eskimos, eskimos from all over the world
:smiley31: :smiley31: :smiley31:

DEADLINE TO REGISTER: NOV 25

Important. Looks like last year the exchange didn't work for some. We can always blame the post office but looks like some Eskimos also forgot about sending the presents. So I'd encourage people to sign in only if you're determined to do so, be responsible and commited, otherwise someone else who put in effort will suffer.

RULES

1. you must make sure ur parcel arrives before christmas day, so I'd say mail in early December
2. even if you get the present earlier... you may not open ur own present until christmas day
3. you must spend more than Ģ5 (or the equivalents: about €7.50 or $10)

TO ENTER

Now to enter you must first make a decision of whether or not you'd like to send abroad. there are only 2 options

1/international - this will mean you will prefer to (and most probably will) send abroad.

2/national (regional)- this will mean that you will only send to people in your country/zone. If you sign for national but no one else from your country signs up, you'll be asked if it's ok to be moved to international.

an e-mail address has been set up specifically for the purpose of entering.

eskimochristmas@gmail.com

not only can you use it for entering, but you can also use it for enquiries. If you're worried about anything then use the address we'll work things out.

WHAT TO DO:

you must send an e-mail entitled either "national" or "international" (according to ur preference! see the options above) to eskimochristmas@gmail.com.
Copy & Paste the following form/questionaire into the e-mail, fill in the answers and send it:

Igloo Name:
Full address including Country:

When it comes to sending the present, pay attention in writing the full addy correctly including postal code and country. Please be aware that different countries have different policies for customs charges, please check that of your own and the other countries. When sending international you'll probably have to fill in/attach a customs form.

SO SIGN UP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYBODY WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:icon_flow :icon_flow :icon_flow :icon_flow :icon_flow :icon_flow

Yetzirah
11-11-2007, 08:04 AM
Sorry, I can't agree with the Christmas Day Policy. In Austria (and I think in Germany as well - maybe even some other countries, who knows) the "big party" is at Christmas Eve, that's where all the family comes together, celebrates and openes the presents... I don't want to have to wait until the day after...

Nine
11-11-2007, 11:54 AM
YAY! I'm in.

also, about the xmas day thing in the post above - it doesn't matter, there's no post on Christmas day anyway, so if something is to reach you by xmas day, it will reach you by xmas eve. :)

borneoman
11-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Answering a question I got via pm, if you don't have a permanent address or in the process of moving or similar... you can always choose your parents address or a friend, family... no problem...

and course you can open your present whenever you want to, in Spain most people we give the presents on Jan 6 with the Three Kings ;) But don't open it on Dec 15 wait a bit ;)

Tommy
11-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Yay, I was annoyed I missed this last year so im in this year :)

mariaoran
11-11-2007, 04:59 PM
ok so this is the first time i'd be doing this... yaaay!!! :icon_sant

questions... so i sign up and then what? how is it chosen ? who does it? and, when do we get to know who we buy presents for!? :)

sorri if this is not the place to ask!! :S :smiley9:

borneoman
11-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Maria, you sign up by sending me an e-mail via the addy on the #1 post:
eskimochristmas@gmail.com

Then after the deadline (25 Nov) I'll e-mail you back with the details of the person you have been assigned at random to send a present to...

Yetzirah
11-11-2007, 06:52 PM
in greece it's the same as in spain... i think those differences in the traditions are really interesting...

i really hope there are a lot of people participating this year again. it's always good fun!

PenguinBoy
11-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Hooorah,
hail borneoman!

If the cash can be spared, i'd definitely reccomend anyone upgrading the postage, as parcels do seem to go astraaay.

borneoman
11-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Well, certainly the post office has lots of options... you can take insurance, use registered mail...

not sure how 'secret' you wanna make your present... the thing is that if you don't put in the sender's details, you double the chances of the package being lost. I mean, if the package has the address wrong, it will bounce back to the sender, and the person can correct it/send again... but if the sender's addy is missing there is no way to return it...

Cali
11-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Sorry, I can't agree with the Christmas Day Policy. In Austria (and I think in Germany as well - maybe even some other countries, who knows) the "big party" is at Christmas Eve, that's where all the family comes together, celebrates and openes the presents... I don't want to have to wait until the day after...

... as if that has stopped us before ;)

i'm in, but i don't think the "all eskimos are welcome" is such a good idea. what if someone signs up just to get a 10 buck present. it could happen :confused:

borneoman
11-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Ok so let's say you have to have signed up before Nov 2007

srahman24
11-14-2007, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the PM Marti, I'm definitely signing up this year! :D

borneoman
11-20-2007, 11:28 PM
Come on come on!!!!!! We need more Eskimos!!!!!!!!!

:icon_sant :icon_sant :icon_sant :director: :director: :director:

Cali
11-21-2007, 12:09 AM
yeah!!! do sign up

Aisling
11-25-2007, 08:07 PM
i'm sceptical this yeah. and i've barely been here. but i have my own computer again so there'll be no getting rid ofme

borneoman
11-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Sign in Aisling!!!!!!!! Today is the last day ;)

And I did send sign-in confirmation e-mails, so if you didn't get one, let me know cos it means your e-mail didn't arrive...

:icon_sant :icon_sant :icon_sant :icon_sant :icon_sant :icon_sant

Cali
11-25-2007, 11:16 PM
how many people have signed up so far marti?

gomezxico
11-26-2007, 02:13 AM
I'm sending an email right now...hope its not tooooooo late!!!!!i'm sceptical this yeah. and i've barely been here. but i have my own computer again so there'll be no getting rid ofme

I still have a gift to send to you, wonderful lady! from what, a couple years ago?.....:oops: :oops: :oops:

Edit: It is still November 25 where I'm at, so its not late at all! :s

borneoman
11-26-2007, 02:53 AM
^Don't worry, still Nov 25 here too!!!

I think we're about 15 people...

Cali
11-26-2007, 03:42 AM
Joder! like you people say http://eskimofriends.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif i love that word

borneoman
11-26-2007, 03:21 PM
^He he but you have to say it with a very very strong "J", JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJoder ;) I guess that's Spanish from Spain...

I'll send you guys the details about who you're sending the present to later today!!!

:icon_sant :icon_sant :icon_sant

Aisling
11-26-2007, 06:07 PM
i'm too lateamnt i? probably better off

borneoman
11-26-2007, 06:30 PM
Aisling, I haven't done the hat thing yet... so you're welcome to join in... send e-mail NOW!! :smiley32: :smiley32: :smiley32:

Yetzirah
11-26-2007, 06:59 PM
how many people have joined anyway?

Aisling
11-26-2007, 07:25 PM
i'm in!!!

borneoman
11-26-2007, 07:28 PM
Ok, great!!!! I think we're like between 15-20 people!!!!

HAT THING DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! E-MAILS SENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:director: :director: :director: :director: :director:

:smiley10: :smiley10: :angel12: :angel12: :icon_sant :icon_sant

mariaoran
11-27-2007, 02:03 AM
:director: :director:E-mail received!!!!!!!! ;)

This is sooo exiting!!!! anybody else reeeeeally exited??!! :hello2: ...I looooove christmas but now Igloo cristmas is even better!!!!!!

Thanks Santa!! :) ... i mean Marti! ;)

:icon_sant :icon_sant :icon_sant:icon_sant :icon_sant :icon_sant

srahman24
11-27-2007, 02:24 AM
Got your e-mail! :D

So how does this work, exactly? Does the gift have to be Damien-related? Do we get hints as to what the person would like?

borneoman
11-27-2007, 02:35 AM
I think it doesn't have to be Damien-related... that would be too hard...

And no hints... I guess that if the person has a myspace you can check it...

(I see I'm not helping much sorri)

:angel7: :angel7: :angel7:

Aisling
11-27-2007, 08:27 AM
got mine thanks! i get the best people every year.

misty
11-29-2007, 12:05 PM
Missed it again this year! :sad10: Have the best Eskmas y'all!

MacrossGirl
11-30-2007, 09:57 PM
DANG IT!! I can NOT believe I missed it this year!! That is what I get for going outta town. Hmph

xoxo

MacrossGirl
12-01-2007, 02:06 AM
Ok I am in!! WOOT! Should I start a post so maybe people could leave little "lists" for Santa? Like I dont know, shirt size, fav color or whatever? I am shopping tomorrow!!

Aisling
12-16-2007, 09:50 PM
does anyone here like earrings?

Cali
12-17-2007, 02:48 AM
JIC, no

Cali
12-20-2007, 06:27 PM
just realized that i haven't received my eskimas present :(

Yetzirah
12-20-2007, 10:34 PM
impatient, girl? it's not christmas day yet. i haven't received mine yet either. but i don't mind if it's a few days late as i won't be back in vienna until the thursday, i'm going home on sunday. can't wait.

i sent my thingy on monday, so i don't know if it will be there on time. if luck is on my side it will be, though. :icon_scra

srahman24
12-21-2007, 04:01 AM
Got mine a few days ago - THANKS, again :D (I'm dying to open it, but I shall be good and actually wait for xmas)

P.S. If you know that the gift you'll be sending will be late (late, but awesome)... is proper etiquette here to break the secret-santa secrecy and let your gift getter know? I know it ruins the surprise - but I don't want my person to think that I forgot about them!

Yetzirah
12-21-2007, 11:14 AM
you could ask someone to let them know instead of you so that you stay anonymous... mine shouldn't too much too late, though, so i hope it'll get there before the new year anyway.

it was so funny (well, at least it was for me. i can be mean, i know), when i was at the post office i had to wait about 20 mins or something and everyone was overly stressed. and this clerk asked me if i wanted to send it regular or priority (as much as i would've loved to send it priority, i can't afford it...) and i said regular. she answered: so, it shouldn't get there. and i said: oh, it would be nice if it would. that's why i'm here, actually. paying you money.
she got a bit pissed off with me, overly stressed and everything - how can i even think of tanking her by the word and not just assuming, that she meant 'before christmas', anyway? - stupid customers, these days, aren't they? horrible... :director:

Nine
12-21-2007, 12:48 PM
Marti, i've send you an email at the eskmas gmail account - please go read as it is urgent! :D

verenita
12-23-2007, 04:35 PM
my eskmas gift has arrived!...
thanks to you, my eskmas friend ;)

and i hope the eskmas gift i had sent comes to its home very soon!

MacrossGirl
12-25-2007, 04:31 AM
My eskimos pressie's are on the way, but not in time for Santa day. Soon enough, and hopefully they will love their goodies.. hehe

Merry Christmas Gang!

gomezxico
12-26-2007, 05:35 AM
Happy Holidayz Eskimos!

I got my present a few days ago...from a secret Eskimo! So...thanks you, secret Eskimo! I got a copy of Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockigbird, which I loved when I read it 3 or 4 years ago...books are my very favoritest (sp?!) gift to receive! :smiley32: I also got a copy of the soundtrack to the musical "Wicked"...I've never heard of it before, but I'll take a listen to it...oh, and some MEGA M&M's which will be shared with those around me.

Thank you for everything, but especially the book images/smilies/july%202006/hello2.gif

P.S. Nice job with the "wrapping:" tons of sparkly glitter and string and a couple snowflakes...loved it!

Cali
12-26-2007, 03:32 PM
^ nice! a book's always better when it's a gift
i'm gonna have to wait a few more days for my gift but i know it's on its way

gomezxico
12-27-2007, 06:42 PM
^you said it!

Has no one else gotten their gift?

Yetzirah
12-28-2007, 09:09 AM
well, not yet. and i sent mine only a week before christmas myself... so that might take another few days as well, i don't know...

Yetzirah
12-28-2007, 03:51 PM
i just received my eskmas present! it's great! "the frames-behind the glass" - i nearly got it before i left ireland, but in the end i didn't... that's a brilliant present!

verenita
01-02-2008, 02:19 AM
iīm a little worried about eskimas gift i had sent!
i had not any news about it... hope it coming home very soon!

Nine
01-02-2008, 12:21 PM
haven't had mine yet! :(

mariaoran
01-02-2008, 05:54 PM
i haven't gotten mine either but the mail in Venezuela sucks!!!!! so i'll get it ... but probably veeeeeeeeery late! :)

Soo... only gomezxico and Yetzirah have gotten their presents???

Nine
01-02-2008, 07:50 PM
awwww YAY MINE ARRIVED!!

thank you so much Aisling - it was really really thoughtful - i love the leprechaun so much!! chocolate was yummy - and i loved all the messages from your friends - especially 'hollie the bush kangaroo' !

thanks so much sweetheart, it was just lovely.
xxxxxxx

Yetzirah
01-03-2008, 09:17 AM
well, when i sent my eskmas gift, i sent one to ireland as well and as far as i know that hasn't arrived either yet... i hope they will, though... :smiley23:

Aisling
01-03-2008, 12:32 PM
i sent mine to nine and i was promised it would get there before christmas.. and it arrived yesterday.. so i guess everything may just be running a little slow this year. i want it now though! and i'm moving house at the end of the month so it better get here quick!

buddy
01-07-2008, 01:33 AM
I haven't received mine yet, either.

Then again, even though I promised I was sending mine about a week and a half ago, I'm not going to make it to the post office until tomorrow afternoon. The presents have been wrapped for weeks, I've just been busy with work and the holidays. :smiley11:

Cali
01-07-2008, 03:37 AM
hi j. i'm still waitin for mine too

borneoman
01-07-2008, 08:04 AM
I didn't get mine either... I blame the Spanish Post Office :director: most people working there, including my postman, took 2 weeks off, so we haven't had any mail delivered since late Dec... hopefully today...

I hope mine arrived but the person I was ssending is not around that much anymore... I did send it in Nov though...

Cali
01-07-2008, 05:17 PM
what?? can he do that. i mean, is he the only postman in town?

I didn't get mine either... I blame the Spanish Post Office :director: most people working there, including my postman, took 2 weeks off, so we haven't had any mail delivered since late Dec... hopefully today...

Cali
01-10-2008, 10:10 PM
got mine. the 3-heffa green shirt and the heim/hvarf cds that i really really wanted. thanks j

Aisling
01-20-2008, 12:05 AM
3rd year in a row and i still have nothing...i think itmay be time to give up

srahman24
01-20-2008, 04:43 AM
Aw, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you guys!

Maria was great with mine: The Stranger (by Camus), which I really wanted (and loved reading), and plenty of other goodies (including the best lip gloss I've ever tried). There was an adorable (homemade!) card and everything - thanks again :D

Johanna, I'm glad the gift got there before New Years! (Aren't the photos just breathtakingly awesome?)

Cali
01-20-2008, 07:20 PM
3rd year in a row and i still have nothing...i think itmay be time to give up

that is really bad luck ais, i'm really sorry. maybe your postman has it against you or something

borneoman
01-23-2008, 08:18 AM
Looks like mine arrived!!!!!! Just got this notice from the postman that I can pick it up tomorrow at the post office!! :hello2:

EDIT: Got it now!!!!!!!! Thanks Joanna!!!!!!!!!!

mariaoran
02-01-2008, 11:35 PM
Verenita Thanks!!!!! :hello2:

I got my gift today and I luv luv luv it, but i especially luved your message...
you are the sweetest!!!!!!! :smiley31: :smiley31: :smiley31:

ps... si conozco el personaje y hasta formo gran parte de mi infancia!!!! :) :) :)

borneoman
02-02-2008, 07:18 AM
So how did things work in the end?? Did everybody get it?????????

verenita
02-04-2008, 12:30 PM
finally!... iīm so (!!!) glado you get your eskimas gift... i was worried about it...
and iīm glad you like it...
about the message... itīs not bout what iīve written... itīs what you inspired me to write that... so, thanks to you, `my friend!...

anyway... i hope this gift could be your partner through this year...

ps: it worked for me, marti... i get mine and maria (my eskimas friend) get yours...

gomezxico
02-05-2008, 10:00 PM
The one I sent should have arrived by now...:crybaby2:

buddy
02-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Apparently mine arrived awhile ago. I moved over the last month though, and saw my ex-roommate for the first time last night. Thanks Ana, I'm going to use the pillowcase tonight and the candy is already long gone. The model car is awesome, too. Rock!

Cerque
04-01-2009, 12:02 PM
finally!... iīm so (!!!) glado you get your eskimas gift... i was worried about it...
and iīm glad you like it...
about the message... itīs not bout what iīve written... itīs what you inspired me to write that... so, thanks to you, `my friend!...

anyway... i hope this gift could be your partner through this year...

ps: it worked for me, marti... i get mine and maria (my eskimas friend) get yours...

Your avatar is adorable

verenita
04-01-2009, 01:14 PM
itīs funny you say that in this ooollldddddd thread, lol. thanks, anyway :)
iīll try to take a pic of meself and the irish bear before it leaves buenos aires.

Cerque
04-02-2009, 01:21 AM
itīs funny you say that in this ooollldddddd thread, lol. thanks, anyway :)
iīll try to take a pic of meself and the irish bear before it leaves buenos aires.

You have an Irish bear!!!!???? I didn't even know we had any :smiley5: wait.......

verenita
04-02-2009, 03:42 AM
letīs put this thing clear :)

United Buddy Bears (http://www.united-buddy-bears.com/)
current exhibition: buenos aires (http://www.buddy-baer.com/united-buddy-bears/world-tour/buenos-aires-2009.html) (where i live) til april 13th.

srahman24
04-02-2009, 04:56 AM
^ That is adorable. We once had a Scottish moose (http://www.toronto.ca/moose/moose_081.htm) in the city, but never an Irish one :(

verenita
04-02-2009, 04:50 PM
^so cute :)
actually, most of buddy bears are pretty interesting. i couldnīt find a good picture of argentinian one (i sould say porteņo, from buenos aires): carlos gardel (tango singer icon) and tango dancers are in it.

hereīs the only one i could find:
http://www.buddy-baer.com/united-buddy-bears/world-tour/buenos-aires-2009.html?tx_bbgallery_pi1[activated]=1538&cHash=94aed6b834
you need to skip pictures til number 6 of 7.

so sorry for these posts so out of topic, lol.

Cerque
04-02-2009, 05:16 PM
letīs put this thing clear :)

United Buddy Bears (http://www.united-buddy-bears.com/)
current exhibition: buenos aires (http://www.buddy-baer.com/united-buddy-bears/world-tour/buenos-aires-2009.html) (where i live) til april 13th.

oh...