PDA

View Full Version : tabs... in French (?)

Patricia
12-01-2003, 03:22 PM
Hi everyone!!

I'm in a band, and one of my guitar players agreed to play "i remember december" at our concert (in 2 weeks)!smileys/smiley4.gif

But he needs the guitar tabs... in french!!http://www.freecfm.com/d/damien/forum/smileys/smiley5.gif I can't find them on the net, could anyone help me??

Thanks a lot

The Weatherman
12-01-2003, 05:52 PM
are tabs not in a universal language.
that language being numbers?

maybe you mean lyrics?

Patricia
12-02-2003, 04:15 PM
Dear Weatherman,

I didn't mean lyrics, but tabs, for we don't use the same system as you: we use "do, ré, mi, fa, sol, la, si" instead of letters and numbers.

But you were right in a way, the person I thought would need French tabs actually can read English - or universal - notes!!smileys/smiley5.gif

As we say in French: la honte ne tue pas! (embarrassed but not dead)smileys/smiley1.gif

The Weatherman
12-02-2003, 06:20 PM
Dear Weatherman,

I didn't mean lyrics, but tabs, for we don't use the same system as you: we use "do, ré, mi, fa, sol, la, si" instead of letters and numbers.

But you were right in a way, the person I thought would need French tabs actually can read English - or universal - notes!!smileys/smiley5.gif

sorry Patricia for coming across all patronising.
i had good intentions!smileys/smiley1.gif

you use note names? that's way better. most people i know who learn music are dumbfounded by notation of any description.

thanks for addressing me so formally. "dear".
it was funny!smileys/smiley4.gif

Ubik
12-03-2003, 04:50 AM
just for information if anyone wants to know hoe the notes names correspond, which probably isn't the case

french english

do C

ré D

mi E

fa F

sol G

laA

siB

all the best for your concert

u.

fasterfaster
12-03-2003, 04:56 AM
I'm a little confused, unless you do mean notation. Tablature is universal like Weatherman said, because it is numeral.
But things seem to be sorted out anyway smileys/smiley1.gif

Patricia
12-03-2003, 08:40 AM
You're right, I don't know anything about music!! I just love to listen to it, and to sing it. I also write poetry, but as I'm no musician, I've hard times composing!!!

Which brings me to a v. important question: I'm not totally satisfied with my current band, does anyone here live near Nantes, or know someone who does, for I'd like to "build" a new band, playing music I like (for once)

Yes, I know it's probably not gonna happen on this forum... But I'm desperate!!smileys/smiley6.gif

Philip
12-03-2003, 01:12 PM
Patricia, i was just wondering why you have something in you signature written in swedish..or is it norwegiansmileys/smiley5.gif...smileys/smiley1.gif

Considering you live in France smileys/smiley1.gif

Patricia
12-04-2003, 02:17 AM
Dear Philip, (I know it sounds hackneyed, but I just love it!)smileys/smiley17.gif

You're right, it is Swedish, it comes from my favorite song: "stoppa mig Juni (Lilla Ego)", by Kent.

If you don't know them, well, you should! smileys/smiley2.gif

They're Swedish, but have made 2 albums in English: "Isola" and "Hagnesta Hill". On the latter you can find the English version, "Stop me June (Little Ego)"

For more explanation about the beauty of this song, go to the topic "saddest song ever?"http://www.freecfm.com/d/damien/forum/smileys/smiley19.gif

By the way, as you're dannish you might already know about Kent, but not a lot of ppl here seem to...

Ps: I speak a bit of Swedish might have been sufficient for an answer...!

Krystian
12-04-2003, 02:30 AM
ahh solfegio is coming back to haunt me already smileys/smiley3.gif

Patricia
12-04-2003, 02:55 AM
smileys/smiley1.gifSee, that is exactly why I never learnt it!!

(also why I can't compose, really... Why did I never learn to play an instrument?smileys/smiley5.gif)

Philip
12-04-2003, 08:09 AM
hi Patricia

Ooh its a Kent song...yeah i know Kent, they are pretty good, although i havent heard thatmanyof theirsongs, i like "Om Du Var Här" and "Stanna hos mig" smileys/smiley1.gif

But i think they are somewhat popular here in Denmark...and that is probably why i have never gotten around to listen tothat much of their stuff...i guess im a bit prejudiced when it comes to music liked by the masses smileys/smiley6.gif...smileys/smiley1.gif

Patricia
12-04-2003, 12:20 PM
Yeah, I understand what you mean... For instance, maybe we're missing great music by ignoring Britney simply because she's so big!smileys/smiley2.gif(please understand the irony in this)

But Kent is pretty good, especially the 2 albums I've already talked about. The last one, "vapen och amunition" is okay...ish

Listen to "stoppa mig..." and tell me what u think!

dara
12-04-2003, 11:42 PM
sausages

Krystian
12-05-2003, 03:26 AM
Yeah, I understand what you mean... For instance, maybe we're missing great music by ignoring Britney simply because she's so big!http://www.freecfm.com/d/damien/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif(please understand the irony in this)

even though you may try to avoid someone who's "big" you can't that's why they are big, as much as I hate Britney I can't remove her music from the radio or tv or movies thatI watch or listen to ( wish there were a way for that)

The Weatherman
12-05-2003, 04:27 PM
sausages

that's an interesting slant on the subject alright.