2) Sand

3) Cold Water

4) The Professor ->

5) La Tille Danse

6) Cannonball

7) Fool

8) Woman Like a Man

9) Amy

10) "The Girl Who Does Yoga" (Title not Known)

11) The Blower's Daughter

12) Cheers Darlin'

-----------------------

E1) Face

E2) Delicate

E3) Eskimo Friend

- Entire Set Damien and Tomo

Aside from the kidding around, Damien said that the whole band will be on Letterman on June 13th, and that on June 11th They'll be playing the "Burry" in NYC. I assume he meant the Bowery Ballroom.

Cremallero
11-13-2014, 06:30 AM
Fool is this old??? I had no idea. And never a studio release of it???? Wild

borneoman
11-13-2014, 06:54 AM
yes :( guess itīs cos itīs too inspired/copied from Jaques Brel, theyīll sue him :D :p;)

Shahar
11-13-2014, 12:17 PM
guess itīs cos itīs too inspired/copied from Jaques Brel
Really? from what song?

carrroline
11-13-2014, 12:21 PM
Ne me quitte pas

(that's the title, not a desperate cry for attention)

borneoman
11-13-2014, 12:21 PM
Ne Me Quite Pas

Damien has explained it himself many times

RmRVDg3u9yQ

Shahar
11-13-2014, 12:36 PM
I never knew this! thanks for the info Marti!

mario_d
11-13-2014, 01:34 PM
Only took 11 years for someone to respond to the first thread I ever started here! If you didn't put the pieces together, Girl Who Does Yoga on that setlist is how Damien introduced it, it went away for three years, then surfaced renamed as Animals.

That's my first Damien show. The next night was another tiny gig in Philly that was even better, only 8 people showed up, Joel opened again, and halfway through the set Damien and tomo just sat everyone in a circle with them and played.

This was all a month before O was released in the US. That's when I spoke to Damien while I helped him wrap up his cables and convinced him how taping in the US works for the artist and isn't about selling bootlegs and he said he wouldn't let me patch or use mic stands, but he wouldn't root us out if we taped discreetly.

Then I stole this off the wall on my way out.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-kcmsjjMq6K0/VGTByZrOiDI/AAAAAAAADaI/Kl6ssmDkMBM/w423-h564-no/20141113_093529.jpg

Got Tomo to sign it during the 9 tour though Damien refused (Spamlet was there with me, after the Free at Noon XPN show in Philly the day of the Tower Theater concert in 2006) because it was during his "no autograph" nonsense phase. Lisa felt bad and wanted to sign it, but I thanked her and said no since she wasn't at that show. It was just Damien and Tomo with Joel opening.

ElephantMan
11-13-2014, 02:04 PM
Only took 11 years for someone to respond to the first thread I ever started here! If you didn't put the pieces together, Girl Who Does Yoga on that setlist is how Damien introduced it, it went away for three years, then surfaced renamed as Animals.

That's my first Damien show. The next night was another tiny gig in Philly that was even better, only 8 people showed up, Joel opened again, and halfway through the set Damien and tomo just sat everyone in a circle with them and played.

How was Damien able to afford the expenses / loss of money with travelinh expenses for the 9 person show lol??....I imagine thats not the only gig in the states that he had a small audience . Damien couldnt have sold more than 15K records in ireland at that point

On another note, If damien were to release Fool and give writing credits to Jaques, he would be able to release it, and the fee would be nominal I believe. I would love for him to record it cuz its a great and fun song...even tho it does better as a live song like childish and professor

mario_d
11-13-2014, 02:32 PM
Well, the Tin Angel show was promoted by XPN and sold out probably 125 or so tickets. The second night XPN didn't promote. Damien was more than a bit surprised to go from 125 SRO to 8. He actually told us they had planned a quieter set the first night, and then a loud rocking set the second night.

But the answer is that it was album promotion. So just getting his name out there on XPN a bunch by coming to Philly more than paid for itself in album sales when O was released. I'm not sure if the promoter lost money on the second night, but Damien/Tomo/Joel's few hundred bucks worth of expenses were most likely picked up by Vector, not by the gate money.

ElephantMan
11-13-2014, 02:43 PM
Well, the Tin Angel show was promoted by XPN and sold out probably 125 or so tickets. The second night XPN didn't promote. Damien was more than a bit surprised to go from 125 SRO to 8. He actually told us they had planned a quieter set the first night, and then a loud rocking set the second night.

But the answer is that it was album promotion. So just getting his name out there on XPN a bunch by coming to Philly more than paid for itself in album sales when O was released. I'm not sure if the promoter lost money on the second night, but Damien/Tomo/Joel's few hundred bucks worth of expenses were most likely picked up by Vector, not by the gate money.

^ Thx , i wish i were a damien fan back in the early days