PDA

View Full Version : LIR REUNION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eskimocat
12-17-2003, 05:37 PM
Last minute gig in Ireland added. Reunion of class act super-group, LIR!
Don't miss it. Going to be an amazing night.

LIR Reunion Show!
Saturday, December 27th
Whelan's in Dublin
25 Wexford St.,
Dublin 2, Ireland

Phone/Fax +353 (0) 1 478 0766

david hopkins at the keys, colm quearney on guitar, ronan byrne on the other one, dave mcguinness singing and bobby malone on the bass and maybe hutchie hutchinson on drums.

Reggae Stars "King
Sativa" will be opening the evening. ?15

www.whelanslive.com (http://www.whelanslive.com)

just some of lir's old press:
Lir are Dublin's new heavyweight contenders" - Creem Magazine

"Fresh, melodic and charismatic, Lir has reinvented rock" - GQ

"an imaginative new band... if you still believe in bands with melody and heart, whatever you do, try to catch Lir..." - Boston Globe, 06/94

"Magico Magico!.... this album lives up to it's title. Pleasant songs, strong melodies, thoughtful lyrics, and a charming voice to tie it all together. How can it go wrong?" - Alternative Press, 08/94

"there's no band quite like Lir... and when you consider that the band are only in their early twenties it hardly seems likely that any other band will catch up."
- kevin courtney - Irish Times

Edited by: eskimocat

The Weatherman
12-17-2003, 06:21 PM
colm quearney on guitar

It's worth going for that alone.smileys/smiley1.gif

Gatsby
12-17-2003, 07:27 PM
so many gigs to go to and so little moneysmileys/smiley6.gif

eskimocat
12-18-2003, 06:19 AM
so true! isn't that always the case.
(same thing for me with books!)

but... put together your pennies. scrounge around for the bucks. 'cause this one really ought not be missed. smileys/smiley8.gif

utexasvmg
01-13-2004, 12:04 AM
Did anybody go to this? I'm glad that David Hopkins got to join the band after all. I know it was a pretty last minute thing, and he had to get there all the way from San Fran.

I'd love to get a recording of this show? Colm Quernay mentioned there was a recording, but I'm not exactly sure who recorded or if the recording will ever surface.