PDA

View Full Version : anyone back to uni?

rach
01-04-2004, 07:46 PM
dont no how old eveyone is on here, but is anyone at uni, i gotta go back next week, and after having resently joined the site and being on it pretty much everyday i think i will struggle to goin back to not having a computer, having to rent one by the hour in the library, so anyone else gonna suffer like me?

october
01-04-2004, 10:08 PM
i have my pc at home, but iv a leaving cert to do, so im not gonna be here as much in the next few months

Patricia
01-05-2004, 01:12 AM
Yeah, uni start back today... In an hour actuallysmileys/smiley11.gif

But my computer is here at home, so I'll get the chance to come here as often as before, I think... Unless, of course, I decide to revise for the exams I have in 2 weeks! *scared*

Smithy
01-05-2004, 04:12 AM
Is the opposite way around for me, over christmas I've not had the time to post here at all, now I'm back at work I'll be posting more again (hmmmm that makes it sound like I don't do any work, oh well)

rach
01-05-2004, 08:25 AM
i go back on saturday but dont start back at uni intill 2nd of feb which even i think is stupid, 6 wks for xmas 4 mths 4 summer its crazy

Wheels
01-05-2004, 08:29 AM
6 weeks off at Christmas!? Where do you go to Uni? Back in my day (sounding much older than I am) we were lucky to get a week and a half and only have to do 3 projects...

DaveG
01-05-2004, 08:44 AM
ah wheels but that's the irish edumacation system for yasmileys/smiley17.gif

Uno- X
01-05-2004, 09:02 AM
I wsa supposed to have something like 6 weeks off too.

Angela
01-05-2004, 10:15 AM
...now I'm back at work I'll be posting more again (hmmmm that makes it sound like I don't do any work, oh well)

Can I have your job? smileys/smiley17.gif Being paid for writing emails and paying bills sounds like a dream!

Angela
01-05-2004, 10:18 AM
6 weeks off at Christmas!? Where do you go to Uni? Back in my day (sounding much older than I am) we were lucky to get a week and a half and only have to do 3 projects...

We used to have six weeks off also, though that is specific to my college, which squeezes a winter semester in at that time. (But we only had six week in summer smileys/smiley19.gif)

Smithy
01-05-2004, 12:13 PM
...now I'm back at work I'll be posting more again (hmmmm that makes it sound like I don't do any work, oh well)

Can I have your job? smileys/smiley17.gif Being paid for writing emails and paying bills sounds like a dream!

Be my guest smileys/smiley1.gif however be warned there are lots of times when jobs are required 'yesterday' don't think my clients understand that work takes time to produce (I have to print 100 60x40 inch posters for thursday and I've not been supplied any artwork yet) has certainly helped me grow a few grey hairs over the years :)

Angela
01-05-2004, 03:06 PM
As a web designer (now unemployed thanks to the guy Tom and I both hate so much!) I know the kind of "yesterday" jobs you refer to. There's nothing like teaching a software developer about color - on MY DIME! smileys/smiley11.gif I feel your pain smileys/smiley1.gif

The art work will arrive - don't sweat it. Your artist is getting gray hair as we speak over having to now *really* finish it! I can feel his (her) pain, too, ha, ha! smileys/smiley4.gif

Smithy
01-05-2004, 03:53 PM
smileys/smiley31.gif it's probably the fact I'll have to do a whole list of ammends and corrections for them that's the worst and don't mention colour correction I'm expected to get consistant results and they won't even buy me a densitometer to calibrate my imagesetter and printers smileys/smiley19.gif who'd get a job in the graphic arts indestry lol oops did I just vent there lol

Patricia
01-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Wasn't this thread supposed to be about uni?smileys/smiley2.gif

But you're right, that's probably more interesting than what I'd say about WWI poetry or the system of checks and balance in the USA in the 19th century...smileys/smiley17.gif

Sionna
01-05-2004, 05:13 PM
i have my pc at home, but iv a leaving cert to do, so im not gonna be here as much in the next few months
I said that it doesnt work!smileys/smiley1.gif

Smithy
01-05-2004, 05:20 PM
Wasn't this thread supposed to be about uni?smileys/smiley2.gif*

But you're right, that's probably more interesting than what I'd say about WWI poetry or the system of checks and balance in the USA in the 19th century...smileys/smiley17.gif

well I studied Wilfred Owen back in the olden days when I was at school, the only ones I can remember are SIW, and the one that ends dulce est decorum est pro patria more (the old lie)

The Weatherman
01-05-2004, 06:06 PM
I said that it doesnt work!smileys/smiley1.gif

Like October, i also have my leaving cert this year except that means i'll be on here way more.smileys/smiley1.gif

The Weatherman
01-05-2004, 06:13 PM
well I studied Wilfred Owen back in the olden days when I was at school, the only ones I can remember are SIW, and the one that ends dulce est decorum est pro patria more (the old lie)

I used to love studying wilfred owen. all the way back in third year! What's the name of his poem about a funeral? Anyone know? It's not "Dulce et Decorum....."Edited by: The Weatherman

Sionna
01-05-2004, 06:18 PM
[
I loved Dulce et decorum est,one of my fave junior cert poems.

Angela
01-05-2004, 06:28 PM
...checks and balance in the USA in the 19th century...smileys/smiley17.gif

Those used to exist? smileys/smiley5.gif *feels nostalgic*

Angela
01-05-2004, 06:31 PM
smileys/smiley31.gif it's probably the fact I'll have to do a whole list of ammends and corrections for them that's the worst and don't mention colour correction ...

Color is a bitch.

Gatsby
01-06-2004, 09:19 PM
i wish i was at unismileys/smiley6.gif

the life of an umemployed actor is not what i thought it would besmileys/smiley2.gif

Uno- X
01-07-2004, 05:28 AM
but look at the bright side of it. You can go to bed later than us and you don't have to go anywhere before 10 am.

Smithy
01-07-2004, 08:09 AM
Most of the students I know actually only get up just in the nick time to watch countdown on Channel 4 (4-5pm i believe lol)

Patricia
01-07-2004, 08:20 AM
Yes, that's pretty much the life I used to have when I was a creless student with no responsabilities... Ahhhhhhh, how I miss it!smileys/smiley2.gif

daol20
01-07-2004, 09:50 AM

I get something close to two months off for Xmas, but have a project for most subjects. But our exams are in the middle of that. I've just started them. First one today actually. It went well. But it sucks that they're so close to Xmas and New Years. cos you've to study over the holidays.

Once the exams are over i've another two week break. But i'll spend everyday of that in college working on my projectssmileys/smiley19.gif. If i wasnt in my final year i'd be on the batter for the two weeks!!

Ahh 'the batter'!!..........*wanders off daydreaming*Edited by: daol20