PDA

View Full Version : whats the different colours mean?

loucha
01-26-2004, 06:44 PM
think only emmett2u(think thats right) can answer this, why does certain things like peoples names and topics show up purple, when others stay black. Was just curious, cause it thought that it was maybe who you'd chatted to, but others who i haven't talked to still come up red?

Its not at all a bad thing, i was just trying to work it out before, but i couldn't figure it out.

I bet loads of people have asked this, sorry to be a pain if they have, char

Bumpman
01-26-2004, 06:58 PM
it means that you've already clicked on a link (in this case a topic), it's a function built into the internet explorer so people don't forget what they've already seen on a site where there might be loads of links, you can change it in... Control Panel => Internet Options => Colours...

loucha
01-26-2004, 06:59 PM
oooooh thankyou, did everyone know that or just you computer wizz? thanks again, char

Henry
01-26-2004, 07:15 PM
what kind of browser do you use? usually when you click on a link you see it turning colors instantly so you know the purpose... couldbe that maybethat's just IE and Netscape though. Edited by: Henry

loucha
01-27-2004, 03:54 PM
whats a browser?

I think billy connolly did your signature in a set.

its prob well known, but only heard him do it.

Still whats a browser?

Henry
01-27-2004, 04:46 PM
a browser? hehe.. i thought i was the only computer illiterate around here! http://www.freecfm.com/d/damien/forum/smileys/smiley2.gifyour browser is.. for example: your Internet Explorer, orNetscape Navigator, orOpera.. things like that.http://www.freecfm.com/d/damien/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

I think billy connolly did your signature in a set.

its prob well known, but only heard him do it

oh? i think i saw it in a movie or other... no idea who said it firstthough

loucha
01-27-2004, 06:10 PM
yeah, its still going straight over my head, im onone tel if that helps?

yeah billy conolly was on about women when he said it, prob same as your film. i just remembered it made me laugh.

Bumpman
01-27-2004, 06:22 PM
don't get too worried about it, it's not stuff that you need to think about, it's just one of those things that computers do to help, except it never helps... i'm not a computer genius either, ive had a pc for 10 of my 17 years though, so i have life experience smileys/smiley4.gif

PS. that line was also used by mr garrison in the south park movie

loucha
01-27-2004, 06:29 PM
i knew it prob wasn't only billy who'd done it, comedians are always taking bits from other shows, i just recognised it.

thankyou for your help, im really bad with computers, and it doesn't help that mine is crap, and ive only recently started using internet!ive got quite a few people helping me with different things, i bet im the biggest pain on here when it comes to getting stuck with computers!