PDA

View Full Version : anyone looking for a singer?

aerial
02-06-2004, 07:39 AM
hey everybody

i wondering has anyone heard of any bands looking for a singer(girl) in dublin. ive been looking around for ages but not much has come up. basically i really want to get out there and start writing and performing. obviously damo is a big influence, along with jeff, the frames, bellx1, neil young, hemm, tom mc crae, lots of stuff.

i kinda feel like im wasting time instead getting out there and enjoying myself. my only prob is that i dont play any instruments as of yet but i can sing preety good.

if anyone has any advice could ye help pass them on..thanks lads!

Tomarse
02-06-2004, 07:15 PM
Wish you lived in England! smileys/smiley1.gif

aerial
02-07-2004, 11:10 AM
daamnations!

ah well smileys/smiley17.gif

cartman
02-11-2004, 11:11 AM
if u lived in clare you couldve been my lisa hannigan:/

tj
02-11-2004, 02:31 PM
Right...honestly

Would you be able to come to Derry often?!

aerial
02-11-2004, 04:14 PM
ahhh this aint fair there has to be someone in dublin???

im afraid i havent been in derry or clare in years...so it might not happensmileys/smiley1.gif

tj
02-16-2004, 02:26 PM
Can you come to Derry though? What age are you? Email me: tj_revs@hotmail.com

aerial
02-17-2004, 03:36 PM
nahh seriously im not going to be able to come to derry..pas possibile!

sorry..good luck thosmileys/smiley1.gif

tj
02-20-2004, 04:18 AM
Cheers.

Same to you.

I hope you find a project soon, and I hope I find a female vocalist soon too!

Closing Doors
02-21-2004, 09:02 AM
Hey aerial,

May or may not have some work for you, I'll have to see!! Myself and a couple of mates were talking about setting up a band, but we haven't played together in yonks so I don't know. If there not interested I might still wanna play with you, I've just got a lot on my plate at the moment.

Anyway, how old are/where in Dublin do you live ? I'm almost 18 and live in Dundrum. I play guitar, bass, piano and I'm struggling with the basics of how to play the harmonica ! The kind of stuff I write varies greatly, but most of it tends to be very bluesy. The music I listen to ranges from Stereophonics, Damo, Counting Crows, Led Zep, Tom Mc Rae to Bob Dylan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Frames and the Libertines.

Let us know if you're interested or not !

Ian

Tomarse
02-21-2004, 09:23 PM
Hey aerial,

May or may not have some work for you, I'll have to see!! Myself and a couple of mates were talking about setting up a band, but we haven't played together in yonks so I don't know. If there not interested I might still wanna play with you, I've just got a lot on my plate at the moment.

Anyway, how old are/where in Dublin do you live ? I'm almost 18 and live in Dundrum. I play guitar, bass, piano and I'm struggling with the basics of how to play the harmonica ! The kind of stuff I write varies greatly, but most of it tends to be very bluesy. The music I listen to ranges from Stereophonics, Damo, Counting Crows, Led Zep, Tom Mc Rae to Bob Dylan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Frames and the Libertines.

Let us know if you're interested or not !

Ian

Oooh The Libertines. I bumped into (literally) their drummer yesterday!! smileys/smiley4.gif

Closing Doors
02-22-2004, 08:07 AM
yay another libertines fan !! To be honest though I barely know what the singers look like, I'd have trouble recognising the drummer !

Anyway The Boy Looked at Johnny rocks, love that song to bits smileys/smiley1.gif