PDA

View Full Version : He sings too damn high

Pac
02-28-2004, 07:34 AM
Does everyone find that some of damo's song are too high to sing withhttp://www.freecfm.com/d/damien/forum/smileys/smiley11.gifand you have to ajust ur guitar to play and sing with them (im definitely not complaining but hes just too good a singer) i have to play the professor on the 2nd fret cause i can neverhit the high 'i don't know bit' and in 'sand'; i can sing but he can just sing an octive higher than me.http://www.freecfm.com/d/damien/forum/smileys/smiley19.gif

paudy
02-28-2004, 09:10 AM
yeah alot of the notes are really tough when i started playin his stuff i really struggled to hit some of the notes he hits and sustain them but you kind of get used to it after awhile, i don't know how his voice lasts. i find if you just belt them out i can reach the notes

#Ian#
02-28-2004, 02:08 PM
Piece of piss to hit his notes, its his sustain that I have problems with, always run out of air in Eskimo on dowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn. Damn asthma.

Its strange because I can sometimes stay with Jeff on Halleluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuujah

Patricia
02-28-2004, 02:11 PM
It's called evil selective asthmasmileys/smiley17.gif

Hendrik
02-28-2004, 03:02 PM
*looooool* smileys/smiley4.gif

The Weatherman
02-28-2004, 04:16 PM
i can do Insane and Blower's Duaghter 2 really easily. everything else i finds too difficult.smileys/smiley6.gif

Tomarse
02-28-2004, 04:27 PM
I can reach all the notes (vaugley in tune) I just don't like my voice. smileys/smiley19.gif

#Ian#
02-29-2004, 05:30 AM
I should point out that even if you're playing a Damien song I don't think you should try to mimick his voice/playing style completely, try to bring something of yourself to it as well.

Closing Doors
02-29-2004, 10:15 AM
I should point out that even if you're playing a Damien song I don't think you should try to mimick his voice/playing style completely, try to bring something of yourself to it as well.

Totally agree. You don't want to end up a clone !! When you think about all the great cover versions released over the years, they were never the exact same as the originals.

cille
03-20-2004, 12:27 PM
actually, i am a female singer (soprano), and usually i have trouble singing songs in the keys written for male singers, but Damien's songs are just fine for me; no transposing necessary http://www.our-adams-family.co.uk/emmett/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

On the other hand, if i try to sing along with i. e. David Gray's albums it usually ends up in a mess...

Miss Pink
03-20-2004, 01:22 PM
yes as a girly i find all his songs easy to sing along to

Lemonhead
03-20-2004, 05:25 PM
yup me too! pity no-one else thinks so...smileys/smiley5.gifsmileys/smiley17.gif

coreybyrnes
04-23-2004, 03:04 PM
i love singing along with damien's songs... my voice pretty much matches his in style and pitch so i guess i'm pretty lucky... my voice when i talk is pretty deep though... people are always freaked out when they talk to me and then i start singing... anyone record and versions of their damien covers? i am gonna start covering his stuff at gigs and i've been practing with my girlfriend who playspiano really well and singsdecently too...

megomoo
04-23-2004, 06:33 PM
actually, i am a female singer (soprano), and usually i have trouble singing songs in the keys written for male singers, but Damien's songs are just fine for me; no transposing necessary http://www.our-adams-family.co.uk/emmett/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

On the other hand, if i try to sing along with i. e. David Gray's albums it usually ends up in a mess...

i know what you mean cos i'm messo soprano (spell check), and with some singers, i never knowwhat octave to sing in when singing along

#Ian#
04-23-2004, 06:46 PM
mezzo

SisterMidnight
04-24-2004, 02:42 AM
Well you girls must be singing an octave higher than Damien 'cause I used to be a 1st soprano (what's that Ian, prima? as in ballerina? smileys/smiley2.gif) but am now an alto ('cause I smoked too much over the years, I think) and I can't hit Damien's songs at all half the time.... start out an octave higher and then have to kick it down when he takes off and I can't hit the notes anymore.... haven't tried playing his stuff yet (guitars collecting dust in my closet)but if I did think I would have to capo to the 2nd or 3rd fret to pull it off. Hmmm.....

I like singing Lisa's parts though, my voice is kind of like hers (aspirate/airy) but only about 1/1000th as strong and beautiful as hers is. She's lovely. smileys/smiley1.gif

maccas81
04-24-2004, 02:31 PM
actually for someone with a naturally deeper speaking voice at least, (and an odd singing voice!!)his songs are a feckin nightmare to sing....specially someone like me who;s a bit rough arouund the edges when it comes to singing at the best of times....the really f**ked up thing is that i often find lisa's parts easier (admittedly an octave or two below!) than damien's, for example in 'i remember'.....wierd huh?

megomoo
04-24-2004, 05:20 PM
mezzo

smileys/smiley36.gifha thankyou my spelling it really bad