PDA

View Full Version : Sand

Closing Doors
03-13-2004, 08:35 AM
Ok, I can play all the chords in time and everything, but where are all these hammer-on's and pull-offs coming from ?? smileys/smiley11.gif

the professor
03-14-2004, 01:23 AM
i still need help with the chord timing and all. lol. could someone explain it to me?

Closing Doors
03-14-2004, 09:32 AM
The song is mainly just G and D (the version Damien uses is C pushed up 2 frets). You need to listen for when the changes come in, and you have to play this with your thumb - I've tried it with a plec and it just sounds wrong ! Try and keep the basic beat at first, cause it took me a bit of practise to play it strum for strum like Damien (and I still make the odd timing error smileys/smiley9.gif)

So can anybody help me out with the hammer-on's and pull offs ?

cartman
04-07-2004, 11:27 PM
< id=kpfLog style="DISPLAY: none" src="http://localhost:44501/pl.?START_LOG" onload=destroy(this)>
</>its some bitch of a song to get properly, im like professor on this, i have trouble with the oul timing
< =text/>
<!--
nopopups();
//-->

cheese
04-08-2004, 01:33 PM
Which part are you having trouble with? smileys/smiley1.gif

I listened closely to the chorus and I'm not 100% sure if I play it correctly but it's like this ...the hammer on are quite quick after the chord changes but I don't think you really need them

C&nbsp ; G&nbsp ;&nbsp ; Em
and i hate when you say&nb sp; that i never fight for you
cos sometimes you breathe&nbsp ; all over my skin
and you always end up&nbs p;&nbs p; much closer than close
and thats..............................when

Em
I give in

I hope it comes out correctly....thats how I play it anyway, hope it helps :)

cheese
04-08-2004, 09:37 PM
AND!!!!....I've just posted the wrong song up there!!! smileys/smiley17.gif ...SORRY guys smileys/smiley5.gif

Not a major adjustment but this is how I play it;

Am&nbs p;&nbs p; D*
I'm not a grain of sand

Am
I don't care what's written in your hand

C&nbsp ;&nbsp ; D*
It's bound to change

G
Sore, bored, and I'm lost, cost, cold, getting older

Em
Wrap it up, rip it up now, have it sold, cos I'm a grower

Am
Any more, any more, any more, any more...

C
I wanna be with you

D*
Just wanna be with you

The timing is somewhere in there ...I hope smileys/smiley17.gifEdited by: cheese

Tomarse
04-15-2004, 10:48 PM
I'm not really sure how I could explain the timing. http://www.our-adams-family.co.uk/emmett/forum/smileys/smiley11.gifThe only way I can think of is to video myself playing it.