PDA

View Full Version : Fender Telecasters.

Livo
04-08-2004, 08:27 PM
I'd die for one of these...does anyone know roughly how much they cost?

#Ian#
04-08-2004, 08:35 PM
Depends on the model really. In 1998 my mate bought one new for about £350 so I reckon about that converted to Euro would be a good starting point. But you could spend upwards of 2 grand as well.

Why the Tele in particular?Its my favourite guitar as well, just wondering.Edited by: #Ian#

cille
04-08-2004, 09:01 PM
hehe, please don't give up your life for a guitar....

but since i once dated a guitarist/gear freak (for 4 years, dammit!) i know a liiittle too much about guitars and amps and gear ad lib... ANYWAY, back to your question (gosh i reallydo like to 'hear' myself 'talk' don't i...) a telecaster (or any other fender for that matter) can cost a loooooooot or be quite affordable, depending on it's quality, the year it was produced, where it was produced, how new or indeed how old it is, etc etc etc. i just checked out some prices here in dk, it looks like you can get a (new, i think) telecaster for about 500 - 600 Euros or so, but i don't know if this is higher or lower than other places, and some of the guitarists on this board can maybe be more accurate than i can on this - also concerning prices in your area.

why do you want a telecaster in particular? i ask you this since each telecaster can sound completely different from the other, so i really think it is more a question of trying out different kinds of guitars and finding out what sound and/or feeling goes best with you, rather than going for a particular brand or type. at least this is what i learned after the 4 years of listening to my guitarist bf.... nice guy, but jeez, did he talk about gear a lot...smileys/smiley5.gif

hey - good luck with playing music. may it bring you much pleasure in life!smileys/smiley4.gif

Magnus
04-08-2004, 09:03 PM
why do you want a telecaster in particular?

Just have a look atthe teleonce more! smileys/smiley2.gif

cille
04-08-2004, 09:03 PM
gosh, ian said it so much better - and so much shorter...smileys/smiley9.gif

cille
04-08-2004, 09:05 PM
why do you want a telecaster in particular?

Just have a look atthe teleonce more! smileys/smiley2.gif

ok, i may be thick-skulled - what do ytou mean, magnus? sexier, prettier, more powerful, what?smileys/smiley5.gif

Magnus
04-08-2004, 09:07 PM
It has got an undeniable look! smileys/smiley1.gif

Livo
04-08-2004, 09:12 PM
i just love them in general! glen from the frames has one, and so does jonny from radiohead.

i'm guessing an older one would cost more right? in that case i'd get a new one

cille
04-08-2004, 09:18 PM
well,depends on how old, etc... really hard to tell

but hey, don't buy a guitar for it's LOOKS, c'mon...

Oh well, if you love'em you love'em, what am i to say...smileys/smiley2.gif

Magnus
04-08-2004, 09:21 PM
Fender has got a division called Squire which makes the cheapest models. In my opinion the Fender made ones are better soundingand more sturdy, but a Rolls Royce is also a better car than a Opel. It depends on what your needs and desires are. You should check out a Squire Telecaster first and see if it is good enough for you. If you find it satisfying there isnot muchpoint in wasting a lot of extra money for it to say "Fender" on the headstock.

Livo
04-08-2004, 09:27 PM
well i've been playing guitar for about a year and a half now...i use
my brother's acoustic Encore and every so often his Danelectro. i'd
like my own one for my birthday (17th august)

needs: something that holds its tune and makes noise

desires: something that sounds good and preferably looks nice smileys/smiley1.gif

god i'm such a girl

Magnus
04-08-2004, 09:39 PM
Hmmm... What do you think of this one? http://www.fender.com/products/show.php?partno=0135102

I think you might be able to get one of these for around Euro 400.00 or something. Haven't really shopped for electric guitars for years, but I do believe thiscould be a nice guitar for you.

It is available in these colours:

(506) Black,
(519) Sage Green Metallic,
(529) Blue Agave,
(532)* Brown Sunburst add $50.00,
(575) Midnight Wine,
(580) Arctic White,
(Polyester Finish)

Edit: I do believe it is made in Mexico. Edited by: Magnus

Closing Doors
04-08-2004, 09:45 PM
I wouldn't get a Fender if I were you. I've played them and compared to my SG they just sound dead. But that's just me for you...

Magnus
04-08-2004, 09:50 PM
If you want a heavier sound it could be a wise decision to go for a guitar with humbuckers pickups yes. I like the sound of the Tele, though.

Livo - you should really just try out different gutars and find one that suits your likes i terms of sound, playability, looks and wallet.

#Ian#
04-08-2004, 10:14 PM
Glen plays whats called a Thinline tele, it has an f-hole. That will set you back quite a bit. Not a fan of the SG, I just hate the way they look.

Oh yeah, colourwise I'd love an "aged - natural" one.

Enoch
04-09-2004, 12:51 AM
Telecasters are cool as f**k. Jeff Buckley played it, The Boss played it, Eddie Vedder plays one, to name but a few, sh*t.

I priced a cream US made model about a year ago, with discount it was £700.

Livo
04-09-2004, 12:46 PM
Hmmm... What do you think of this one?</font> </font>http://www.fender.com/products/show.php?partno=0135102</font> (http://www.fender.com/products/show.php?partno=0135102)</font></font>

my god that's a nice guitar.

Magnus
04-09-2004, 12:51 PM
Well... it's a Fender Telecaster, you know! smileys/smiley2.gifNo, but seriously. It is not just good looking. (I prefer the black ones, though) It is a great guitar as well!

Livo
04-09-2004, 12:57 PM
very true. i was in Pro Musica in town and was asking the guy there
about teles, he said they're great cos you get a fantastic sound out of
them. he also said that squire ones are basically the same just
cheaper...i'll probably get a squire

Magnus
04-09-2004, 01:03 PM
You really should try both first Livo. Every guitar is different and you might just fall in love withthe cheaper or the more expensive one. The Squiers sometimes tend to look a bit better I think (compared to what you pay), but the Fenders are somewhat more sturdy. The pick-ups are a little different as well, as are the woods used. I especially like the Fender necks better than the Squire ones. Just try them both and then decide what you want / need. What I and the others on the board and the guy in the store tell you might beuseful, but it all comes down to your own experience.Good luck! smileys/smiley1.gif

Livo
04-09-2004, 01:06 PM
smileys/smiley20.gifcheers

Lemonhead
04-09-2004, 07:35 PM
yeaaah! coolest guitars ever (well, one of em!) i don't even play yet, but i dig mundy's red one and glen's rocks too!smileys/smiley4.gifi was in london a couple of days go for a lickle holiyer and i bought a class little model of a red stratocaster in hamley's! okay so not as good as your stories, but fun!smileys/smiley17.gif

Livo
04-09-2004, 08:25 PM
i was in london a couple of days go for a lickle
holiyer and i bought a class little model of a red stratocaster in
hamley's! okay so not as good as your stories, but fun!smileys/smiley17.gif

my friends were in london, did you happen to see about 13 teenagers in girl guide uniforms?! smileys/smiley36.gif

Livo
04-13-2004, 10:33 PM
ohh i played the nicest squier tele today....but my mum said i can't get it.....it's €240....

Magnus
04-14-2004, 01:06 PM
You'll just have to convince her that it will be the best investment she'll ever do! http://www.our-adams-family.co.uk/emmett//forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

Lemonhead
04-14-2004, 05:11 PM
or she can get 1,000 persuasive eskimos to ring her house on behalf of her daughter!!smileys/smiley2.gifsmileys/smiley4.gif

that would be soo cool!

maccas81
04-14-2004, 05:16 PM
actually livo, get her to visit this site, and read my message about me saying how good a price €240 is for a decent guitar like a squier tele!

maccas81
04-14-2004, 05:18 PM
or we could do lemonheads thing which sounds like a laugh!