PDA

View Full Version : new messages notification

Angela
08-22-2003, 12:30 PM
Something is messed up me thinks, Emmett. smileys/smiley19.gif I was here an hour ago, read all messages (closing all those little envelopes) and wrapped up the session marking everything read from the front page.

Now I'm back, and there are several topics on the front page showing to have new messages. But when I list the messages all the envelopes are closed. I can tell by the time there are some that were posted an hour after I left, but the envelope is closed.

Anyone else notices this? smileys/smiley6.gif

Sionna
08-22-2003, 03:56 PM
Yeah thats been happening to me toosmileys/smiley5.gif

Wheels
08-26-2003, 07:48 AM
Just close explorer and reopen between visits and that should solve it.

administrator
08-26-2003, 07:56 AM
this is what the experts tell me:

Now I know what you mean with the envelopes. They are not marked when read thus by a time stamp. so when you leave the site it thinks you read all when you come back. There is currently no feature to actually mark every post as read when being read.

Angela
08-26-2003, 11:56 AM
What a design smileys/smiley5.gif I know that message board software doesn't implement database locking, which is bad enough, because you are bound to miss posts, but this one is pretty random.

Apologies to everybody's post I'm ignoring - blame the software developer smileys/smiley6.gif

Thanks for looking into it, though, Emmett smileys/smiley4.gif