PDA

View Full Version : Cold Water

Gurrier
08-25-2003, 05:24 PM
I was reading an interview with Damien on the VH1 website and came across this question:

---------
VH1: What’s behind the Gregorian chant at the end of “Cold Water”?

DR: At that part in the song it felt right to do something that drifted off to that space. It was like when you get the feeling of dying. Whenever I felt that closeness to having nearly been in an accident, there’s that feeling of drifting off into a still space. I wanted to get the feeling of floating through that place.
---------

When I first heard this section of the song, it sounded to me like reversed vocals. If you play this backwards, the lyrics are: "You, Will you come with me?" I couldn't find if this was discussed before but I thought it might interest someone. Edited by: Gurrier

Wheels
08-25-2003, 05:32 PM
I don't know about the backwards... maybe the start of it. The rest seems to be sung forward (at least live) and is "...you know I love you, and I always will, hallejluia... will you come with me"

Maybe that's what it is and they just sing it forwards live...

Gurrier
08-25-2003, 05:46 PM
The reverse effect happens only around the 4:30 mark on the track until the end. I love the production on this album.

Gatsby
08-25-2003, 10:39 PM
ill give your theory a listen altho i dont believe it at the moment...

Gurrier
08-26-2003, 04:17 PM
Do listen, you'll prove it to yourself smileys/smiley2.gif

tasha039
08-26-2003, 08:26 PM
I think maybe it may just be a matter of how you want to hear it. You may have dictated it in your own head. Sorry, lyrics are lyrics

Gurrier
08-26-2003, 11:38 PM
The key here is to literally play the song backwards. You need to use software to take the track from the CD and play it backwards. There is no Latin or Gregorian Chant here, only a clever studio effect.

tasha039
08-27-2003, 12:54 AM
Oi, I think Gurrier is on to something. My father works in that type of business with music and audio and putting it on planes. I think I will ask him...he likes Damien too!

Wheels
08-27-2003, 04:48 AM
Your father puts music onto planes backwards?? smileys/smiley5.gif Why?

FredDaNinjaPunk
08-27-2003, 08:56 AM
Oi, I think Gurrier is on to something.
I think he could be on to something too, but I think its just the very last lyric of the song...definitely the first time it drifts off into that, its what Wheels said above:

"...you know I love you, and I always will, hallejluia... will you come with me"

tasha039
08-27-2003, 06:22 PM
no wheels, my father does not put music on planes backwards, but he has the equipment at his work to do so...