PDA

View Full Version : Covers Lisa should do...

Wheels
09-02-2003, 03:38 AM
Okay, everyone wants to hear a solo album by Lisa... but if she did one are there any covers that she should do for it?

We all know 'Be my husband' and 'Mercedes Benz'... has everyone heard her version of Pinks 'Get the party started'? It's great too.

katinka
09-02-2003, 04:19 AM
I don't know "be my husband"...is this stupid? or is it just not know here in the dutch mountains???

Wheels
09-02-2003, 07:14 AM
You haven't heard Lisa sing this? With Damien using his guitar as a drum? I love when they play it...

administrator
09-02-2003, 07:53 AM
you can hear it on the mp3 page...

gally45
09-02-2003, 09:45 AM
I'd like to hear her do "Fields of Gold" and "She moves through the fair"

Wheels
09-02-2003, 10:43 AM
What about Nelly's 'It's getting hot in herre'?? smileys/smiley17.gif she could do a really moody soulful version.

Aisling
09-02-2003, 04:20 PM
i think she should use the stuf on thegoldfish mem. soundtrack and maybe paper bag by fiona apple. that would be wicked!!

therescueblues
09-02-2003, 06:27 PM
does anyone know if there is a version of her doing get the party started anywhere on the net??!!!

i think she should do....."rhiannon" by fleetwood mac,and i saw someone say that her and damien should do "dont give up" by peter gabriel and kate bush,i think that is a super idea! maybve if "it makes you happy" by sheryl crow,and call me gay all ya want but i think if she did a version of "runaway" by the corrs it would be great!

al

Jordan
09-02-2003, 09:49 PM
I think that if Lisa were to do a cover I would want to hear her do a classic. Like and old soul song or something like, "You Make me Feel Like a Natural Woman," by Aretha Franklin. Or what about her and Damien covering "Ain't No Mountain High Enough."

Wheels
09-03-2003, 05:15 AM
A few more came to me... 'Black Velvet' by Alannah Myles or 'This may be the last time' by the Blind Boys of Alabama (great group!)

Vienna
09-03-2003, 10:00 AM
"Black Velvet" is my karaoke song of choice, (and about a million other people)!!!! It would be great if Lisa did that!!!

Aisling
09-03-2003, 03:02 PM
she should do some frank sinatra!! that would be really cool!!

Wheels
09-03-2003, 03:30 PM
Intriguing...

Scon
09-04-2003, 12:49 PM
Anything by Fiona Apple - their voices are so alike.

tis_me_Tania
09-04-2003, 01:08 PM
hmm tough question.. i vote for Destinys Child's Bootilicious.. i mean.. cant you just hear her soft, melancholy, tender voice telling you her body is too bootilicious for ya?

i sure can X))

tasha039
09-04-2003, 01:12 PM
what! destiny's child. you are smoking something. Something that can test but emphasize her vocal ability

tis_me_Tania
09-04-2003, 01:32 PM
lol ok okay..so i was kidding.. but on a more serious note..how about.. ionno..something from marylin monroe or norah jones?i personally like miss jones very much =))

Aisling
09-04-2003, 02:24 PM
oh i dont like norah jones! i feel i should but i just cant get into her music...

Wheels
09-04-2003, 02:39 PM
Tania, don't appologise, I think Lisa would do a killer 'bootilicious'... totally different from the original, and isn't that the point... doing norah jones would not be that different...

I won't even consider marylin monroe either... but when I first read it I though you were going to say Marylin Manson... now I'd like to here Lisa cover one of his!

tis_me_Tania
09-04-2003, 02:59 PM
I borrowed my cousins Norah Jones cd and didnt like it until i think the.. 4th listen. its really good stuff! then again, its onlygood stuff once its grown on you.

hah! Marilyn Manson.. now theres one! i bet Lisa would do a great job on'The Beautiful People'.wooo! i can see it now.."The beautiful people, the beautiful people..it's all relative to the size of your steeple. you can't see the forest for the trees..you can't smell your own sh*t on your knees" .. ooh yah smileys/smiley4.gif!

Scon
09-04-2003, 03:07 PM
Funny you mention Norah Jones.
You know that if you combine Norah Jones with Lisa you get Fiona Apple? I'm not a big fan of Norah, though a bootleg I have is pretty nice. Fiona is edgier, darker and so much more to me than Norah.

tis_me_Tania
09-04-2003, 03:26 PM
Yes Fiona's definitely seemsmore mysterious than Norah. Fiona is another person i really never paid much attention to.. i only vaguely remember this one video of her sittinga room.. and they zoom in way too much on one of her eyes. i guess i never really liked the way she presents herself. she looks very unhealthy. i know her appearance has squat to do withher actualmusic but yah.. i dunno.. it just strikes me instantly as negative.

Henry
11-03-2003, 11:42 AM
I think Lisa would should cover something from Nelly Furtado. Great singer.

brokenheart
11-03-2003, 12:09 PM
Nah, she has done 'be my husband', I think she should do something different smileys/smiley2.gif

My idea? Rid Of Me orDown By The Water or something else from PJ Harvey

VolcanoLola
11-03-2003, 08:51 PM
I agree that she would be great doing something by Fiona maybe something edgy like "Criminal" or "Sleep to Dream". I think she would do a great version of one of my fav songs by Sarach McLachlan, "Possession" (a very sexy song!). But Down by the Water by PJ Harvey like brokenheart suggested would be good too....She's got a beautiful voice, she'd sound good doing anything...even "Bootylicious"!smileys/smiley2.gif

rudy
11-04-2003, 02:50 AM
IŽd like her to sing a few more Nina Simone songs, like "If you knew" and "Wild is the wind". That would be magic.

Cornfleek
11-04-2003, 10:15 AM
I'd love to hear her sing "Beautiful people" but not the Manson-version but the Melanie one. Lisa sounds like her.

tis_me_Tania
11-04-2003, 02:00 PM
I think Lisa would should cover something from Nelly Furtado

that would interesting.. add Alanis Morrissette to that and woo! ya got a show :>