PDA

View Full Version : Buying new guitar....some advice

Tylerdurden
06-17-2004, 02:42 PM
Hey guys, Im thinking of getting a new geeetar and and I am looking for advice, I actually only took up guitar at about the age of 22, been playing for a few years now(bought one when I was 16 but never had the patience, must have been the exuberence of youth) so some of the ceisteanna may be a bit basic for some of you...so bear with me......

Firstly I am willing to spend about 600 or so, and what I am after is a nice acoustic, something with that lovely soft, lush sound that you get off Mr Rice's guitar, now I know that there is no substitute for the soft sound you get with using your thumb but what does Damien Rice use for strumming, I have seen him a few times and he uses his thumb but with some "thingie" attached to it (what is the technical term as opposed to thingie)....also any recommendations as to a particualr brand of strings for a nice sound....

Thats about it, oh yeah.....is the tab for older chests on the site here correct, Ive got the song down but I think there is something missing on the tab .....

Ps I met Damo a few times when Juniper were starting out way back in 1997, nice bloke, as were the BellX1 guys, little did I think that this little guy from Kildare had been watching too much Pinky and the Brain and would soon try to take over the world....cheers

Michelle Joey
06-17-2004, 02:48 PM
I'm in the same position Tyler. Just started guitar and need to buy one.

My sis's Gibson strings are nice!

coreybyrnes
06-17-2004, 03:30 PM
YO TYLER - i pm'ed you about a guitar