PDA

View Full Version : PA System-help!!

Lynchpin
06-29-2004, 06:29 PM
Hey, I really need a PA for my band, but we've shag all money.. so 2nd hand is da way 4ward.. we've 2 guitars, a bass and 2 mics.. how much is a good deal? Is any1 selling anything? We really need it!! btw we hav bout 700 squid and need da speakers and all! Am I dreaming or is it possible to get 1?Edited by: Lynchpin

-oli
06-29-2004, 09:52 PM
i was in a band for a while (although i palyed drums) but what little knowledge i have from the experience is on offer...

what do you need a pa for

are you thinking more for gigs, or practice

if gigs, infron of howmany people

HydeBurns
06-30-2004, 07:41 AM
In my old band weh had a pa. A really old crappy one, but it worked. We never got around to doing gigs, so we used it for practicing. Bad Idea. 2 guitars, a bass, 2 Mics. Completely overloaded it. And dragged the sound down.

Anyways, if your just practcing, or playing a gig with no more than 40 people....you only really need a stack, or half-stack for each player. otherwise it's just overkill.

MelodyMakerMan
06-30-2004, 12:23 PM
best bet is to get a powered mixer from dawsons, you can get a good one for 200 quid. 8 channels with digital effects..peavey do one for 199!!..then buy some second hand speakers, should be able to pick them up in the loot or something for about 200 a pair (and thats for some good ones) and a monitor is about £150 brand new, peavey is your best bet - cheap, easy to use (master) and very reliable.

mestonf
06-30-2004, 02:26 PM
go to thomann.de and have a look or

Good mixing desks are like the Spirit Folio 12 channel boards and a good peavey pre-amped speakers are good

Lynchpin
06-30-2004, 06:13 PM
Wel, we're jus startin to gig, maybe in front of 100 people, it'll never be more! So how muchwill it cost us.. cheapest like? Thanx for all the advice so far!