PDA

View Full Version : Nine Crimes

nineeskimos
07-01-2004, 12:42 AM
Has anyone tried their hand at tabbing "Nine Crimes" for guitar? It's not listened to as much because it's not on any of his singles or anything, but I think it's by far one of his best songs and it seems like it wouldn't be hard at all to play.

rileyf
07-01-2004, 02:19 AM
yep, im still in the process of it, but its open d minor, then f, then
c. thats the whole song. u can even add the piano part in by
plucking the b string in the dmin chord, followed by open high
e, and then first fret high e and strumming that chord. same
deal for f and c, pretty easy to figure out. im the way i put it was
confusing, i can try tabbing it...

coreybyrnes
07-01-2004, 03:12 AM
i usually playthe versespalm-muted like this:

--------------
--------------
-7-----------
-7--8--3--5--
-5--8--3--5--
----6--1--3--

and the choruses like this:

-5--6--1--3--
-6--6--1--3--
-7--7--2--4--
-7--8--3--5--
-5--8--3--5--
-x--6--1--3--

definitely one of damian's most beautiful songs... i did a cover of it a few weeks ago if you wanna check it out... sat down and whipped it off and threw it up on the site for people to listen to... go HERE (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4132&KW=i+recorded+nine+crimes ) for the thread on it... i plan on doing a real recording of it sometime this summer... keep yours eyes open for it...

mestonf
07-01-2004, 07:08 AM
what different from your recording you already have corey? you making a different one?!

coreybyrnes
07-01-2004, 01:20 PM
what different from your recording you already have corey? you making a different one?!

yea... that one was a really quick recording i did... i heard the song for the first time, listened to it nonstop all day at work cause it was blowing my mind at how beautiful it was... went home, learned it, and pulled off a quick recording... i hope to do a real recording of it with piano, perhaps some percussion of sorts, and just a better produced cover

mestonf
07-01-2004, 07:16 PM
coool i look forward to it!