PDA

View Full Version : damiens pedals

sephseph
07-10-2004, 03:03 PM
has anyone been close enough to damien to see what pedals he uses to get all those sounds out of his acoustic. i'd be particularly interested in finding out what pedal it is that lets him layer his vocals and guitar over himself again and again. cheers darlins

#Ian#
07-12-2004, 08:50 AM
I think its called a line 6 DL 4.

He uses a Vox Wah Wah, not sure of the model.

MelodyMakerMan
07-12-2004, 10:13 AM
the gig i saw, he had at least eight BossDigital Delay 6 Pedals laid out in stereo, a distortion and a wah pedal...

fluffyspoon
07-14-2004, 02:32 PM
the layered sound will just be some daisy-chained delay pedals.

fluffyspoon
07-14-2004, 02:33 PM
oh sorry, someone already mentioned

mestonf
07-14-2004, 02:34 PM
how do you reckon then he gets that really weired sound for the end of amie? (the spaceship sound??)

coreybyrnes
07-14-2004, 03:22 PM
how do you reckon then he gets that really weired sound for the end of amie? (the spaceship sound??)

simple answer: playing with the knobs on his line6 dl4

technical answer: turning the tweez all the way up, taking the repeats all the way up, taking the delay time up while striking one note, then slowly move the delay time knob up or down depending on the note struck and whether you want the sound to go low or high, and then take down the tweez knob to fade out

Tomarse
07-15-2004, 11:34 PM
Corey know's EVERYTHING!! (lucklily) smileys/smiley17.gifsmileys/smiley1.gif

#Ian#
07-16-2004, 09:25 AM
I got a mail from Magnus today and I remembered that he is the man when it comes to Damiens equipment.

Anyway, heres what he has said on the topic.

"
Okay. I am not 110% sure here, but here's what I I've been able to come up with: Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner, a Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeler (for delays and looping), a ProCo "The Rat" distortion pedal (which I believe he uses for his taped up second vocal mic), I believe he is using one of those Marshall overdrive pedals for the guitar, a Vox wah wah, a small Orange amp, a Lowden acoustic guitar (with internal mic), a Telecaster once in a while, in-ear monitoring. There are some more pedals that I haven't been able to identify yet, but I believe that the above is right.

"