PDA

View Full Version : sure i’ve said it before....

therescueblues
09-11-2003, 09:23 AM
but seriously emmet you do great work here,and i just wanna say thank you.

al

kavu478
09-12-2003, 04:45 PM
do you pay for this? How did you get into this anyway, Em?

megan
09-17-2003, 09:59 AM
i would like to echo alan's sentiments. i'm so thankful for this site. great job, emmett!

administrator
09-17-2003, 10:33 AM
thanks. i have to pay a little bit but not very often. helped damien organise a gig in cork once, and just wanted to help him reach a wider audience. i didn't think his website was being updated very much so i thought i'd set one up and it just evolved slowly thanks to lots of people sending in stuff. i see damienrice.com is being updated soon, so maybe there won't be a need for ef.com, but we can always use it as a dating agency for megan and tasha.smileys/smiley2.gif

katinka
09-17-2003, 10:35 AM
LOLsmileys/smiley4.gif

Angela
09-17-2003, 11:20 AM
helped damien organise a gig in cork once

Not this one by any chance?

http://www.damienrice.com/website/images/fancam/thumbnails/dlglobby_small.jpg

DaveG
09-17-2003, 11:32 AM
Emmett great job on the site, haven't been around for a while, but the new look is fantastic, as we always say in this our rebel county, the boy done good! Great job and please for the sake of all the eskimo friends: keep it up, even if your new career as the head of an on line dating agency looms ever nearer!

Wheels
09-17-2003, 11:34 AM
No Angela... that one is in the Lobby, Emmett organised a gig in the Half Moon Club, which is a much bigger venue.

It was a great gig, with tons of bands and Damien headlining... Damien was only starting out at that stage. It was the first time I saw him (and the lovely Lisa). As I recall it was Damiens biggest gig up to that point.

Was anyone else here at that gig? When was it again Em?

administrator
09-17-2003, 11:37 AM
that was october 2001 i think. not long after that lobby one. that's a good picture. were you there? they played lay me down by the frames and damien the violin sound. i'll put up an mp3 of it i think.

Angela
09-17-2003, 12:02 PM
No, I wasn't. But that's the picture I took to have him autograph. I have it in my room smileys/smiley14.gif

Ohh....I'd love to have an MP3 of that Lay Me Down version!!! Pretty please? smileys/smiley4.gif

administrator
09-17-2003, 12:28 PM
Sure thing. It's on the mp3 page now. Enjoy

Angela
09-17-2003, 12:53 PM
DEADLY! smileys/smiley17.gif That made my day!

Thanks, Emm!

neil_eats
09-18-2003, 10:45 AM
your sites fantastic mate, all the need to know here though the mp3 problem put that in ur faq "why arent all the mp3s here?" cuz of copywrite unreleased song arent allowed

marina
09-18-2003, 11:41 AM
I only discovered this website a few days ago....and now I think I could be on the verge of being fired as I spend all of my time at work on it!! o well i guess I could busk for a living or something...nah seriously Emmet its f**kin class and keep up the good work

Scon
09-19-2003, 12:59 PM
I too saw that notice about them updating the official site. It's gonna be really interesting to see the results. More importantly, are they actually gonna update their news more often. There seems to be such a distance kept between Damien and the fans compared to other bands (ok, I know The Frames and Claire take the reverse to extreme levels smileys/smiley2.gif )

Angela
09-19-2003, 03:03 PM
(ok, I know The Frames and Claire take the reverse to extreme levels smileys/smiley2.gif )

Claire took the Damien, Glen, Lisa story to new heights today smileys/smiley8.gif It involved Josh in the closet, too. smileys/smiley4.gif