PDA

View Full Version : singing delicate

pamela
07-26-2004, 10:11 PM
I'm not sure if i'm in the right forum, but i guess i am. I've managed to get the singing in most of damien's songs spot on ( lisa's part ) . I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to do the " aaahaa's" in delicate. I'm finding them impossible

07-26-2004, 10:14 PM
i think the trick is just to hit the notes. i always think i sound stupid but thats the thing about music - it dont matter

lonelilly_lil
07-26-2004, 11:40 PM
hey. i know how you feel! im in a band and have singing lessons so i hope this helps you out.......:

it sounds weird but open the back of your throat up like your doing a huge yawn and (here's the stupid bit) raise your eyebrows. i truely find that it helps. i also vision my voice as an arch. I imagine it arching over the top of the note i want to reach, (closing of the eyes looks corny but helps with concentration)so the high notes dont seem as daunting. This also helps to achieve the highnotes as it doesnt make you sing flat which is AWFUL!!!!

apart from this, have loads of confidence and just go for it. i hope this helps!

cille
07-27-2004, 09:13 AM
are you talking of the high notes she sings? yeah, then lonelilly lil's advice was very good. you can actually almost see lisa do the same - when she sort of smiles when she sings, it's a way to open the back of your mouth so that it there is more 'room' for the tone, so to speak.

another good tip is to change the tone a bit when you go for the higher notes - if you're gonna sing an 'aaah', try singing it on an 'oooh' first, and then slowly change the ooh to an ahh that's still got the ooh's quality - is that understandable at all? it's like you're really singing an ooh, cause that works better technically, but you make is sound like an ah.

of course, this si for the more 'classical' sound. if you want a more rock'ish sound you need to sing it on an oh instead - and you have to sing it loud, with NO AIR on your voice.

actually, that's another important advice: sing it loud! that can help the voice too, because it is actually better for the voice to sing loud than quiet - the voice is made to yell and scream and such, so it's actually when you take down the sound volume, that you have to work more with your body to support your voice and avoid straining it.

and very important: make sure there is no air on your voice if you sing loud - that is certain to damage it. only have an airy voice when you sing quiet. i know a lotta singers sound like they're singing loud WITH air on their voice on albums, but it's manipulated.

have fun!smileys/smiley4.gif

pamela
07-27-2004, 11:44 AM
thank you all !

cille
07-29-2004, 10:13 AM
hey pamela - you've hit 700 posts. yay!smileys/smiley4.gif

oh btw, are you sure you're a soprano? cause if you're really an alto then no wonder you find it difficoult to sing the part...

a good singing technique site: http://www.sadolin.net/uk. look in the 'vocal technique' menu. there's a short 'guided tour' of basic singing techniques and a very usefull vocal first aid site, if you're experiencing hoarseness.

pamela
07-29-2004, 10:37 AM
yay. cheers for that smileys/smiley2.gif

Tink
07-30-2004, 01:51 PM
Lonlilly_ill advise is spot on i was taught to do that to it really does help./

lonelilly_lil
07-30-2004, 06:02 PM
yeah! thats cool.

you do it LOADS better than me though. Seriously, I love your voice. smileys/smiley4.gif

Patricia
07-30-2004, 06:39 PM
Who doesn't???? Tink and Ali are my heroins. smileys/smiley27.gif

Tink
07-30-2004, 07:50 PM
smileys/smiley9.gifsmileys/smiley9.gifsmileys/smiley9.gifsmileys/smiley9.gifaww thanks lonlilly_ill and trish, of course trish yourself and ali* are my heroins tosmileys/smiley27.gifsmileys/smiley27.gif