PDA

View Full Version : Barre Chords

Tylerdurden
07-30-2004, 12:56 PM
Hey Guys,

Just to get back to the whole chords topic started by Lemonhead, Ive been playing for a while and can play most of Damien Rices tunes andplenty others toobut Im always wanting to take it on another level but I'm finding learning barre chords fairly difficult....for instance Ade (if you read this) you were saying that with 15 chords you can play most songs ...you mentioned A7 and D7 for instance, are you referring to the root 6 and 5 seventh rock chords?? Just wondering if you have any tips for trying to pick up the barre chords cause I even find these ones fairly difficult....I know the whole practise and then practise again thing is the best advice but just wondering if anybody had any tips/methods the used which they found helpful for picking up these chords.....

Cheers people

Jgrg1984
07-30-2004, 02:45 PM
Just find songs that you want to playthat include barre chords. It took me a while to get them and i remember getting frusterated thinking i would never be able to hold down the whole fret and still play the right notes. But in time it became easier.

LostCause
07-30-2004, 03:19 PM
Yeah!! Try to find song with barre chords. You could also play an A (002220) like (577655). Maybe that could give yousome practise. And just play around every fret and get to know how to switch barre chords and trypicking upsome rythm too. It took a while for me too, but at least I finally learned it. Practise, Practise, Practise!!

Jgrg1984
07-30-2004, 03:21 PM
Yea fool around slowly with different chords...make up a rhythm, slowly it can become a riff or a song. doesnt have to be good, just something to get you used to playing the chords