PDA

View Full Version : need a little help for lyrics

MagicalChild
08-16-2004, 09:31 PM
IS A "BULL'S EYE" EVEN THE WINDOW OF A SHIP?

if I say "scanning out through my bull's eye"... is it clear what I mean?

Thank you so much

Ste.

pamela
08-16-2004, 09:35 PM
um, it isnt clear to me , sorry

MagicalChild
08-16-2004, 09:37 PM
Thank you

lonelilly_lil
08-16-2004, 11:47 PM
i thought it was a "porthole".

do i even make sense?!? smileys/smiley5.gif

Lemonhead
08-17-2004, 12:01 AM
i wouldn't think of a ship, but a dart-board and i still like the lyric!smileys/smiley4.gifporthole is right, yeah... arrrrrr!

lonelilly_lil
08-17-2004, 12:08 AM
yeah!!! i know my...errrrrr.....ship...things smileys/smiley5.gif

hard to star board me 'arties!!

lemonhead...we should become pirates and rule the 7 seas

Lemonhead
08-17-2004, 12:17 AM
ahoy!t'enemy ship be approachin... get your cutlass out beauty!!smileys/smiley4.gifwe'll plunder the igloo for the lost gold of cut-throat bill!

lonelilly_lil
08-17-2004, 12:44 AM
yes cap'in!!

yo ho ho and a bottle of rum......blow me down ye old sea dog! smileys/smiley36.gif

(do u reckon we need a bigger crew. there be a lotta gold in them shores)

Lemonhead
08-17-2004, 12:58 AM
lets go recruit in the weirdo thread over yonder... you get killian, i'll bring jenn!!

aye, the bounty is near... i can smell the tide setting... haggis is in the lower deck with the sails and we are near...

dinky island

lonelilly_lil
08-17-2004, 01:01 AM
smileys/smiley3.gifnot dinky island?!?!?!? ok cap'in long john lemonhead. ill get that yellow liver killian if its the last thing i do

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Juzzza
08-17-2004, 08:56 AM
It doesn't matter if it makes sense to anyone else Magical Child, it only has to mean something to you... Who knew what the hell a Blower's Daughter was until Damo discussed it... Let the listener try and work it out, a bit of mystery is good.

I love lyrics that aren't immediately obvious, and whilst the true meaning only matters to you, it also means exactly what each listener thinks it means to them...

I think the lyric is interesting, even if a bull's eye is not a port hole... To me it could mean you are in a bullish mood and you are looking at the world through that filter... And to me that is right and suits my mood right now... See what I mean?

lonelilly_lil
08-17-2004, 01:58 PM
wow juzza, thats pretty profound....i like it!!

so, what's blowers daughter about then? (and i call myself a fan!!) smileys/smiley9.gif

Juzzza
08-17-2004, 02:21 PM
smileys/smiley5.gifDamo fancied his music teacher's daughter... He was teaching how to play one of the wind instruments hence the 'blower's daughter'.

LOL for ages I was imagining Damo falling for the daughter of a bloke who made glass vases... Glass Blowing!!!

Then I wondered if it was the daughter of a guy who was full of hot air!!!

See what I mean... The truth behind the lyric is not important dude, everyone owns the lyrics of their fave songs in their own hearts and minds.

looly
08-17-2004, 02:26 PM
LOL for ages I was imagining Damo falling for the daughter of a bloke who made glass vases... Glass Blowing!!!

me too smileys/smiley36.gif

MagicalChild
08-17-2004, 02:50 PM
Well, my "bull's eye"... is still a "bull's eye" in my lyrics! I didn't change the verse, I like it that way.Though a bull's eye is not a porthole.

I do agree with Juzzza... That's why I like Damien's music and lyrics!

I think you (juzza) caught the sense of the verse. Great! I'mvery happy about it!

Ste.

Juzzza
08-17-2004, 02:55 PM
Always glad to make people happy Magical Dude... smileys/smiley2.gif