PDA

View Full Version : Damien was right behind me @ Marley Park!

eskimo_friendly
08-22-2004, 12:27 AM
It was about 4pm when I arrived at Marley Park today, and then followed a long walk to the entrance to the concert. I got there eventually anyway, and once I got my ticket checked and got through the gate, I looked back to find the people I was with, and who was standing right there behind me in the queue??? Damien!!!!

How awe-struck was I lol!
He was wearing this very hippy-ish long, red coat. I had to double-check to make sure it was him and it was definitely him, I was ecstatic! I managed to contain myself though lol. I was wearing my Eskimo t-shirt that I bought at Vicar St last December too lol.

That was cool anyway. Then during the Frames, Glen started into The Blower's Daughter, and I was actually facing away from the stage at that point in time, trying to deflate my big chair, which the girl at the van so kindly gave me for half price coz she felt like being nice lol! And I got a sudden good feeling "Wait - is Damien gonna come on stage??". So I turned around, walked up closer to the stage and then on he walked!!!! He burst into the Blower's Daughter, and then into Creep, and then back into The Blower's Daughter again.

And can I just point out that Damien got the biggest and BEST reception from the crowd out of all the bands that played, including the Frames!!

And I've just read that B-Sides has gone straight in at number one! smileys/smiley1.gif

Thanks Damo for making my day, again!

Long live the king is all I'll say.....Edited by: eskimo_friendly

Miss Pink
08-22-2004, 12:28 AM
i hate you smileys/smiley19.gif

Miss Pink
08-22-2004, 12:31 AM
did u get a chance to speak to him?

eskimo_friendly
08-22-2004, 12:36 AM
ummm no lol i wouldn't know what to say, plus if i was in his position i wouldn't particularly want strangers coming up to me starting conversation

i did meet him and talked very briefly to him in hmv at the beginning of july though. got my photo taken with him and his autograph.

i know you probably feel upset and left out etc.. coz i would too but don't worry he's not going anywhere soon! you'll have plenty of chances to meet & greet the guy in the future smileys/smiley1.gif

Miss Pink
08-22-2004, 12:39 AM
i met him at hmv...see my home page for the pics!!!

SilentNight
08-22-2004, 01:04 AM
i hate you smileys/smiley19.gif

me toosmileys/smiley4.gif

Miss Pink
08-22-2004, 01:08 AM
y are u not crying?

SilentNight
08-22-2004, 01:11 AM
cos i'm happy to hear some damo newssmileys/smiley4.gif

SisterMidnight
08-22-2004, 01:16 AM
That's so cool, eskimo-friendly!! smileys/smiley4.gifGlad you had such a good time at the gig!! And saw Damo?? Next time I'm gonna meet and greet him for sure!! smileys/smiley2.gifsmileys/smiley2.gifAnd yay!! Damien's at Number 1!! Go Damo!! smileys/smiley32.gif

mumblestilldon'thaveaneskimofriendstshirtmumblemum blesmileys/smiley19.gif

Miss Pink
08-22-2004, 01:17 AM
~neither do i~

~gets out markers and t shirt and draws an igloo~

SisterMidnight
08-22-2004, 01:19 AM
smileys/smiley36.giflol Pinky you kill me!! Hey draw me one too while your at it! smileys/smiley2.gif

Vienna
08-22-2004, 01:25 AM
i'm so gonna make my own, i made my own cheers darlin one but my mum put it on a hot wash and now the felt has shrunk so it looks more like [HO[<~ D4<|:~ (well not quite but it's the best i could do with the keyboard!!) smileys/smiley17.gif

SisterMidnight
08-22-2004, 01:29 AM
Well Emmett said he's going to sort some new ones out soon. We'll have to be patient, I guess. smileys/smiley9.gif

But yeah the first thing I saw on the front page was Damien got up onstage with The Frames and he's at Number 1 in the Irish charts for the first time with B-Sides!! smileys/smiley4.gifGuess it wasn't such a waste of time releasing it over there in Ireland after all, eh? smileys/smiley17.gif

Vienna
08-22-2004, 01:32 AM
yes patience is a virtue!! not that i have any!! smileys/smiley36.gif

not a waste of time at all! i don't have it yet though, being a poor student and all!

SisterMidnight
08-22-2004, 01:35 AM
Me neither. smileys/smiley19.gifI'm just plain old "po"!! Though a friend sent me Lonely Soldier rightafter the HMV gig so I actually think I was the first person in America to hear that!! smileys/smiley4.gif(everybody else had to wait for shipping time)

Vienna
08-22-2004, 01:36 AM
ah i still haven't heard it yet smileys/smiley19.gif

cille
08-22-2004, 08:50 AM
it's in the mp3 section

(and a friendly eskimo might have something for you in the pm sectionhttp://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif... aw lousy joke, but.. so it is smileys/smiley4.gif)

Vienna
08-22-2004, 11:52 AM
meh didn't realise it was in the mp3 section...d'oh!!smileys/smiley29.gif

but yay...i've heard it now!! melissa was kind enough to pass it on!

WeeAngel
08-22-2004, 12:34 PM
smileys/smiley19.gifsmileys/smiley19.gifsmileys/smiley19.gifsmileys/smiley19.gifsmileys/smiley19.gifsmileys/smiley19.gifsmileys/smiley19.gifsmileys/smiley19.gif

i'msoooosad and annoyed!!!! i was gonna go to the frames but i decided not to cuz i had work goddammiti'm so pissed offhttp://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/smileys/smiley7.gif

Gatsby
08-22-2004, 12:48 PM
one of the funniest gigs ive ever been to... damo did get quite a massive cheer and well deserved too

brilliant gig and a brilliant night all roundsmileys/smiley4.gif

#Ian#
08-22-2004, 02:27 PM
Far less exciting but on the subject of celeb spotting I saw Mundy in the crowd, a few people were stopping him to say hello, he took a couple of minutes to speak with whoever which was nice. I'm not a fan so I didn't go near him.

Also saw Dom Phillips from Bell X1 (who played a really good show despite sound problems) half running/half walking quickly through the crowd, don't think he wanted to be disturbed.

Lemonhead
08-22-2004, 03:08 PM
mundy was there?!!

NOW i'm sooo pissed off...

i can't believe you just had the audacity (yes ian!!smileys/smiley7.gif) to tell me (well, not directly!smileys/smiley36.gif) that i missed the frames, bellx1, damien rice and possibly meeting mundy?!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!

this is insane.smileys/smiley22.gif

#Ian#
08-22-2004, 03:17 PM
oops, sorry.

Donsie B!
08-22-2004, 04:40 PM
...lucky!

wilbie
08-22-2004, 06:36 PM
f**k.

i thought marlay park was sh*t, for a variety of reasons, so I left when Idlewild came on as I really wanted to go to a mates 21st.

Gutted, f**king gutted.

hollowrose
08-22-2004, 11:38 PM
you left?????????

what?

anyways

Damien was in the crowd

holy f**k!

if isaw him i would have ran away screaming! i couldnt believe it when i saw him on stage. ye guys need to see the photos of him with his hippy top!! i didnt think he looked very happy up there though. poor baby *hugs*

looly
08-23-2004, 11:34 AM
mundy was there?!!

NOW i'm sooo pissed off...

i can't believe you just had the audacity (yes ian!!smileys/smiley7.gif) to tell me (well, not directly!smileys/smiley36.gif) that i missed the frames, bellx1, damien rice and possibly meeting mundy?!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!

this is insane.smileys/smiley22.gif

smileys/smiley3.gifsmileys/smiley7.gif http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/smileys/smiley19.gifhttp://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/smileys/smiley22.gif

Loveless
08-23-2004, 11:48 AM
yeah we saw Mundy at the pit entrace before the Frames and one of the guys from Idlewild too. Nina Hynes was in the pit too while the Frames were on..

mestonf
08-23-2004, 01:03 PM
you guys are soooooooo lucky to have seen damo.....in kicks the old jealousy!

eskimo_friendly
08-23-2004, 05:31 PM
yeah we saw Mundy at the pit entrace before the Frames and one of the guys from Idlewild too. Nina Hynes was in the pit too while the Frames were on..

I knew I saw Nina Hynes!!! I was staring at her all day wondering "is it her???"... yay!! lol

WeeAngel
08-23-2004, 06:16 PM
did ne1 actually talk to damo!? r did ye just stare! i spose he wudnt want to be drawing attention to himself tho! i honestly think i would've cried with happiness if i had been there and he had been on stage!smileys/smiley19.gif

Michelle Joey
08-24-2004, 08:07 AM
My sister talked to him, said he was kind enough to sign autographs and smile for some pics but that he wasn't in a very chatty mood because there was a crowd gathering.

Paul Noonan, on the other hand was the nicest guy ever she said.

hollowrose
08-25-2004, 12:19 AM
Paul

awwwwwww smileys/smiley1.gif

idiosynful
08-26-2004, 01:48 AM
I love it how the Irish music scene is all friendly and stuff. Where you'll see bands and artsist come to each others gigs and stuff. Totally rocks.

...it's like..all competition in the states.