PDA

View Full Version : Just Back from the States

Savo83
08-24-2004, 02:02 PM
Just back from the states the other day and was shocked at the impact that damien has had over there. I knew that hewas getting alot ofreconigtion after winning the Mercury Music Prize and selling out concerts, but not to this extint. For examplenearly every music shop that I went into even small ones in the middle of nowhere had a copy of O, and even in a small pub in New York the juke box already had a copy of the B-sides in it.

Oh yeah seen the trailer for that Julia Roberts film. Its starts off with a black screen and "then so it is just like..." comes out through the speakers and song is played for the most part of the trailer. The film looks a bit odd but its class to hear blowers daughter ina cinema.

Michelle Joey
08-24-2004, 02:04 PM
I know. I was in Florida last summer and had only just heard of Damiem myself. Went into lots of record shops and O was in every one of them...amazing really.

Angela
08-24-2004, 02:59 PM
Just back from the states the other day and was shocked at the impact that damien has had over there.

smileys/smiley1.gifHee, hee.

Jordan
08-30-2004, 06:15 AM
Man yeah...he's definitely doing well here in the states. I like to think I help a little with that. I'm turning everyone and their dog onto his music it seems. At college I have gotten so many people into him and shown them that there is a lot better music out there than what they are listening to. He's definitely getting tremendous credit over here for his talent.

cprolsen
08-30-2004, 12:48 PM
I agree, I am trying to turn everyone here onto him. I first heard him about two years ago and haven't taken his cd out of my cd player since. Everyone that I have listen to him instantly loves him, I think it's great!

cheers

Juzzza
08-30-2004, 02:37 PM
Brilliant and it ain't just the States, I was in New Zealand in May sipping a coffee in Starbucks and Cannonball came on !!!

smileys/smiley32.gif

OSully
08-30-2004, 05:17 PM
Yeah, I was working at Starbucks late last year, and had just discovered Damien on my own--I was making someone a drink and Volcano came on...I almost burnt myself I was so excited!!!smileys/smiley36.gif Turns out it was some compilation CD with a whole bunch of good people on it--Damien, The Frames, Aimee Mann, etc.

Rain
08-30-2004, 05:38 PM
smileys/smiley5.gifMy friend excitedly texted me a few weeks ago.... to tell me that Canonball was playing at MacD's. Ho hum. McDs! I hate McDs!

lol.

Angela
08-30-2004, 07:04 PM
Yeah, I was working at Starbucks late last year, and had just discovered Damien on my own--I was making someone a drink and Volcano came on...I almost burnt myself I was so excited!!!smileys/smiley36.gif

Oh my god, that must have been such a shock! smileys/smiley36.gif

OSully
08-30-2004, 07:31 PM
It totally WAS a shock...but the cheesiest part of all is that everytime we played that CDwhile I was workingand Volcano came on, I felt like I had a great little secret no one else knew about--like Damien was putting on a little concert for me to get me through slopping through all the lattes and capuccinossmileys/smiley36.gif!!! (Oh well, a girl can dream, right???)

moby
08-30-2004, 08:16 PM
Aww, you must have had the biggest smirk when Volcano came on. smileys/smiley1.gif

Angela
08-30-2004, 10:14 PM
... Volcano came on, I felt like I had a great little secret no one else knew about--like Damien was putting on a little concert for me to get me through slopping through all the lattes and capuccinossmileys/smiley36.gif!!! (Oh well, a girl can dream, right???)

smileys/smiley36.gif

Jgrg1984
08-30-2004, 11:55 PM
at a local record shop they have a rack of top sellers and when i last went in b sides was ranked at 27 and was all sold out...

fmmc
09-02-2004, 06:50 PM
i know it's brilliant.i've tuned so many people into his music,i practically got my whole town listening to him now!smileys/smiley4.gif