PDA

View Full Version : The Professor

seattlefan
08-26-2004, 05:52 AM
Hey guys i have been trying to learn the prof. for a while now. I have looked at the tabs a few times and i just cant get it down. The recording i have is live (bsides) and is kinda unclear at times. I know the beginning is Arpeegio (spelling?). But which order are the chords plucked in? Thanks guys, also if you have any other tips on learning this song, itd be great

Banjaxed
08-26-2004, 08:46 AM
Capo 3rd fret

C, C(b), Am, G, F, Em, F, G.
Well I dunno...&amp ;nbs p; means.

C, C(b), Am, G, F, Em, F, G.
She cried when... centre of stage.

F
Lovin' is fine if you've plenty of time

G
For walkin on stilts at the edge of your mind.

F
Lovin is good...

G
And the dick...

F
What makes her come

G
What makes her stay

F
What makes the animal

G
Run run away

etc...

F&nbsp ; ; G&nbsp ; ;Am
I dunno, I dunno, I dunno

F&nbsp ; ; G C
I don't knowyou anymore.

the first part is arpeggio, just pluck from the bass note up to the top notes.
the "F - G"partsare strummed.

the rest of the song is pretty much the same.
C(b) is x20010Edited by: Banjaxed

seattlefan
08-26-2004, 09:05 PM
Thanks that was helpful. just to clarify though. You pick from the Fat string down to the skinniest if so then its quite easy, cuz it dosent really sound like it on the cd, but hey what do i know? Oh one last question. example if i play the C chord with picking do i pick the 0 strings? example x32010 so do i pick the small e and the G string too? or just the strings with the fingers? thanks

Tomarse
08-27-2004, 02:34 AM
pick the 0s too smileys/smiley1.gif

Banjaxed
08-27-2004, 01:02 PM
Thanks that was helpful. just to clarify though. You pick from the Fat string down to the skinniest if

it's nicer if for each chord you turn back when you get to the skinniest string and move back up (getting thicker) thro the strings.

inTAB, the picking pattern for C then changing to C(b):

e xxxx 0xxx
B x x x1x 1 xx
G xx0 x x x 0 x
D x 2 xx xx x 2
A 3 x x xx x xx
E x x x xxx xx

e xxxx 0xxx
B x x x1x 1 xx
G xx0 x x x 0 x
D x0 xx xx x0
A2 x x xx x xx
E x x x xxx xx

Notice that you don't play the C on the A string (3rd fret) twice. you just change to the bass note of the next chord. do this for all arpeggio chord changes in this song.Edited by: Banjaxed

seattlefan
08-27-2004, 08:38 PM
Thanks guys, you've been really helpful, too bad i cant find this sorta help on all songs =P

GOB1029
09-04-2004, 12:39 AM
yah, i had problems with the prof. a while back. well, not with the professor, but with la fille danse. no matter how i played it, the words simply would not go with the basic c, c/b, am, g, f, em, f, g progression. i listened to the song OVER AND OVER again, and finally realized that for the french part you do the arpeggio with the opening c, then hit the b base note, then strum an Am chord. after that, you strum a F, G, F, Em, G. so, it's C, (quick b note), Am, F, G F, Em, F, G. i don't know if you had problems with that or not, but, that's how i think it goes.

SisterMidnight
09-04-2004, 01:58 AM
^ smileys/smiley36.gifDude, love the sig! Sorry I haven't even tried to play this yet... I'll try and tackle it someday, tho it sounds complicated already. Yay for all the helpful guitar playin'/tabbin' ppl tho!! smileys/smiley4.gif

Diarmo
09-04-2004, 05:48 PM
it looks Really complicated!

Nathaniel
09-10-2004, 02:12 PM
Hey Sister Midnight, its not as complicated as it looks. You should be able to pick it up just fine. Good luck!

SisterMidnight
09-10-2004, 02:13 PM
smileys/smiley1.gifThanks, Nate! I'll give it a go sometime.