PDA

View Full Version : Is Damien Squeezing his Fans??

looly
09-07-2004, 08:53 AM
Ok, I was browsing through Cluas.com when I came across the above title link. So, being curious and wondering if Damo was giving hoards of fans squeezes and I wasn't one of them, I decided to find out what the story was. I clicked on the link, it brought me to the message board and low and behold I was gobsmacked smileys/smiley3.gif. The following is what I found:

http://www.cluas.com/_discussion/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3210 (http://www.cluas.com/_discussion/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3210)

Who are these nutters??? Edited by: looly

Daniel
09-07-2004, 09:05 AM
you cant deny theres a bit of re-releasing going on?

looly
09-07-2004, 09:09 AM
True. But I do think some of their comments were a bit harsh......

Daniel
09-07-2004, 09:16 AM
not everyone likes damien rice. we say the same thing about other bands.

looly
09-07-2004, 09:22 AM
I don't insult them personally though..........except for BmcF. He's a meatball. smileys/smiley4.gif

Michelle Joey
09-07-2004, 09:32 AM
smileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

sarahukuk
09-07-2004, 09:39 AM
i think they are a bunch of time wasting idiots!! Ok it is more money in different shops but i think you're find that they can put money on top coz on play.com its £6.99 Delivered so you cant blame Damien for making money out of his fans its the other shops that aresmileys/smiley7.gif

And some people might not of brought his singles like i didnt so i thought it was great smileys/smiley1.gif

milky
09-07-2004, 09:40 AM
those comments arenothing that we havent heard before,we all remember the comments on the messageboard on damienrice.com, to me it seems that u either love it or hate him, we all love him thats obvious but there is plenty of people out there who dont;1)because of his personanlity and 2)simply dont likehis music

now im a huge fan of damien rice but i toohavea slight doubt bout him lately esp got to do with the remix i know they kept hassling him etc and i know he released the bsides here because of demand but i think the tracklisting on the bsides could have been more bsidey,he has plenty of materialinstead of adding in songs from"o", and if u think bout it its more a sort of live cd than a bside cd!

now im not critiscingim jus simply stating my view!Edited by: milky

sarahukuk
09-07-2004, 09:45 AM
true but he said that he is never gonna do a remix again coz he wasn't keen on it i think i was put under pressure to release it to try and bring in different listeners,

but maybe im wrong

milky
09-07-2004, 09:47 AM
yeah i know i heard that,but i thought he was in charge of what he released etc

sarahukuk
09-07-2004, 09:50 AM
maybe he is but he has to has someone else to help him or guide him in the right direction surely smileys/smiley5.gif

looly
09-07-2004, 09:59 AM
My major grievance with that Cluas thread is the personal attack on Damien's personality. I do agree that the material on the B-sides should havehad a bit more variety and lessversions of Cannonball, and probably was a bit of a money-spinnerbut hey, if people don't like it, don't buy it! simple as.

milky
09-07-2004, 10:15 AM
exactly looly i couldnt have sadi it better myself i hate this perception of damien as being a complete t**ser!and the majority of these people dont even know him or havent met him!

Enoch
09-07-2004, 11:23 AM
My Take on this:

It's a very well written thread, with justifications to their arguments. While I may not agree with most of itI respect their right to voice an opinion. I can't help but agree witha fewof the points, and even if Damien turned out to be a t**ser, that still doesn't mean he can't write great music (didn't do Van Morrisson any harm)

Bumpman
09-07-2004, 01:43 PM
i don't know, i was quite vocal in my opposition to the b-side release here, but some of these people are just plain angry... damien dosen't deserve to be insulted. ok maybe the b-sides should have been at a specially reduced price (5 quid would be VERY just), or had a limited run in ireland or something, but the man isnt a cheat or a c**t, that's just INCREDIBLY harsh...

not to mention the fact that many of these people seem to have f**k all idea of what they're talking about.

looly
09-07-2004, 01:45 PM
my feelings exactly. smileys/smiley22.gif

maccas81
09-07-2004, 02:05 PM
to be fair to those posting on the link, only one of them really went to town on him personally...im not into personal attacks...the majority of what was said was fairly moderate......i'm a fan of damien rice's music...everyone knows that.....am i a fan of damien rice the man? i dont know....i dont know him and probably never will...maybe he's a nice guy, maybe he's not...and maybe he's like most of us...a bit of both....get him on a bad day and he'll be a w**ker...same as us all.....hardly the stuff of rocket science, although the gurus on the above site seem to think theyve got him pegged...i havent bought his b sides album because ive heard the stuff on it before......i think many people will do the same as me.....i disagree with the people on that site that say hes taking advantage of his fans....are they really that naive and easily 'tricked' into buying an album...one would hope not....

milky
09-07-2004, 02:49 PM
Personally, I think he's just crap. A medicore album at best, and like all things fey and pseudo-emotional (Jim Diamond, anyone?) it caught the imagination of the middle-class coffee-table kids who buy one album a year. Worry not, it shall pass...(from the cluas messageboard)

who the f**k does this dude think he is to make this assumptionsmileys/smiley7.gif

mestonf
09-07-2004, 02:58 PM
how the f**k can someone call damo mediocre? smileys/smiley5.gif

Those kinda comments do make me laugh! smileys/smiley36.gif

Vienna
09-07-2004, 02:58 PM
yeh that's the bit thatkinda pissed me off...the rest i just kinda thought yeh they can all think what they like, they're entitled to their opinion!

but that guy...'middle-class, coffee-table kids' WTF??? and 'mediocre album at best' who is he? the fookin guru of all musical releases known to man, i think not! smileys/smiley7.gif

like, http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_115.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001)dude Edited by: Vienna

looly
09-07-2004, 03:18 PM
I don't like coffee. smileys/smiley22.gif

UnabashedIV
09-07-2004, 03:47 PM
well in fairness, Rice isn't prooving much at present. I'm not impressed.

Like one guy said, the fan base will never ciritisise the artists they favour the most because they never see the forest for the trees. And I agree totally.

I love rice and his music, but I've had 'O' like many of you since 2002.....thats a long.....long time ago now. Its been justover 2 years.

I'm not demanding, u know? I'll wait, I'm prepared to do that, as long as he doesn't pull a paddy casey.

But he can't, and I repeat CAN'T go round preaching ABOUT the evil music money grabbing industry, when he's released Cannonball in England THREE TIMES!I get the impression he so badly wants someone to buy it,everytime I see it in the shop i feel so sorry for him, I pick up a copy. ( smileys/smiley36.giflittle joke, I don't really )

Unfortionatelyif he keeps buying himself more time by releasing tit bits of things we already have, people will start seeing him as a cop-out, 1 off, money grabbing artist who knows how to play the game milk the fans and go home with a nice wad of cash while singing to rabbits and the trees, andcondemning capitalism.

Thats not how I see it, but its how other people will see it. And you gotto remember, he's very famous in ireland and england.UsEnglish being the most cynical, bunch of arseholes alive! Its like ' oh overnight success? doing well is he? I'd LOVE to see him fall on his face! ' and we don't just wish it on someone, we set them up for it. I already get the feeling from reading those other posts that they are just baying for his blood. they so badly want that second album to be faulty. And of course it won't be, its gonna be a gem.

sarahukuk
09-07-2004, 03:59 PM
of course it gonna be an excellent album he is obviously making sure that the new album is gonna be perfect and by releasing other stuff while he is still doing it is so the fans don't think he has given up and not gonna bother anymore, and im sure writing an album don't just come over night i wrote some songs that i thought were good and the next day when i played them back i thought what was i thinking that was rubbish it can't be easy being under pressure to release a new album

Vienna
09-07-2004, 04:15 PM

neither do i lools and i'm the first to admit that i'm common as muck smileys/smiley36.gifmiddle-class? meh, not me!!

looly
09-07-2004, 04:19 PM

neither do i lools and i'm the first to admit that i'm common as muck smileys/smiley36.gifmiddle-class? meh, not me!!

smileys/smiley36.gif

'Let's meet up for tea' just doesn't have the same ring to it though, now does it?? smileys/smiley36.gif

Vienna
09-07-2004, 04:21 PM
no it really doesn't but i think we could so make it cool lools!! smileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley17.gifsmileys/smiley2.gif

looly
09-07-2004, 04:24 PM
righto. Wanna meet for a tea sometime Vienna? smileys/smiley36.gif

Vienna
09-07-2004, 04:26 PM
yes, yes i do...that's settled then, we'll meet for tea cos we are cool kids who drink tea and not coffee smileys/smiley36.gifhow's tomorrow during your lunch hour??

looly
09-07-2004, 04:28 PM
cool, I've pencilled it into my diary

'tea meeting with Vienna @ 12.00'

We rock.http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/smileys/smiley16.gif smileys/smiley20.gif

Vienna
09-07-2004, 04:30 PM
ooh yeh we do http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/smileys/smiley16.gif

UnabashedIV
09-07-2004, 04:46 PM
don't start that selfrightious rubbish, you just come across as an adoring fan.

and is it gonna be great? how come your so sure? u heard it? oh really! can I have the tracklisting and your personal opinion?

yeh keep those sort of stupid comments aside, we don't know sh*t yet.

this is aimed at sarahukuk
Edited by: UnabashedIV

UnabashedIV
09-07-2004, 04:48 PM
yes, yes i do...that's settled then, we'll meet for tea cos we are cool kids who drink tea and not coffee smileys/smiley36.gifhow's tomorrow during your lunch hour??

well u find in england, the old yuppies love Rice, and he is turning into coffee shop music. This is what killed David Gray, and Dire Straights's Respect.

mestonf
09-07-2004, 05:00 PM
yes, yes i do...that's settled then, we'll meet for tea cos we are cool kids who drink tea and not coffee smileys/smiley36.gif*how's tomorrow during your lunch hour??

well u find in england, the old yuppies love Rice, and he is turning into coffee shop music. This is what killed David Gray, and Dire Straights's Respect.

I think you'll find that partly true Unbashed but i have to disagree, Damien Rice is certainly not coffee shop music. People mistake him for being that Norah Jones Album that is very relaxing and soothing stuff, Damien Rice is somewhat of an intense performer,somebody that you can't sit back and just have a relaxed emotian with. "O" seems like coffee shop music but if you ever listen to Damien RIce live then you can straight away that Damo sounds completely different and has copious amounts of variation to him

mestonf
09-07-2004, 05:07 PM

and is it gonna be great? how come your so sure? u heard it? oh really! can I have the tracklisting and your personal opinion?

this is aimed at <SPAN =bold>sarahukuk</SPAN>
BTW isn't it fairly obvious what will be on the new album?!?!?! It is to me and any TRUE damo fans will like any song that he does because they are adorned to his style

Banjaxed
09-07-2004, 05:10 PM

this is aimed at sarahukuk

what the hell happened to you? you started off seeming like someone with a fairly well rounded opinion and then this?!

let me just run a couple of quotes by you:

of course it gonna be an excellent album...etc...

this is the comment that you deemed needed the above outburst. that was after you finished your original post with this comment:

they so badly want that second album to be faulty. And of course it won't be, its gonna be a gem.

please tell me that iyou're just kidding and i missed the subtle irony, otherwise you could offer an apology to sarahukuk for what was really an over the top flaming you gave her.
Edited by: Banjaxed

mestonf
09-07-2004, 05:12 PM
well said banjaxed smileys/smiley32.gif

sarahukuk
09-07-2004, 05:20 PM
thank you banjaxedsmileys/smiley1.gif

maybe the will be an excellent album was the wrong way to write it all i meant was that waiting this long for the album it should be an excellent one hes not gonna release one that is sh*t

Vienna
09-07-2004, 06:09 PM

smileys/smiley5.gifwhat?

sarahukuk
09-07-2004, 06:27 PM
u know im really starting to dislike unabashedIV
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="95%" align=center>
<T>
<TR>
<TD =bold></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

eims
09-07-2004, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=UnabashedIV]

I'm not demanding, u know? I'll wait, I'm prepared to do that, as long as he doesn't pull a paddy casey.

sorry I think i missed something ,what did he do?smileys/smiley5.gif

Jgrg1984
09-07-2004, 06:55 PM
b sides was more aimed at the us market, bc unlike most artists damien released o with very little promotion. it just grew by people hearing it and liking it. Most of us have heard that story before. Its a bit more annoying for those of you who are living across the atlantic bc u have to hear the cannonball single, and have dealt with damo promoting o for years now, but for the majority of the us audience he is unknown and extremely new. It could be looked at that he is trying to cash out on his fans, but with his consistent touring and his sporatic personal life, i can easily see damo letting the release decisions being made by his distribution label. they realize that they have a major talent and naturally they want to cash out. He has released a handfull of singles and his label decided to release them as one comprehensive selection for the american audience, because he is starting to generate a little buzz. The music industry is more of a business now that it ever was, so it is very difficult to compare damien to an artist years in terms of squeezing his fans. I dont know too many artists who have one album under their belt, that tours and plays 2 hour plus sets.

i am a huge fan though, so i am extremely biased.

#Ian#
09-07-2004, 07:59 PM
BTW isn't it fairly obvious what will be on the new album?!?!?! It is to me and any TRUE damo fans will like any song that he does because they are adorned to his style

It's not obvious until we see the actual track list, he might have a bunch of songs that he's never played live up his sleeve for all we know. And I'm a "TRUE" Damien fan but if the next album is sh*t then it won't matter what I think of Damien personally or the other songs that he's released it will still be a sh*t album. And you never know, it could well be, great musicians sometimes make horrible albums, or indeed a series of them (Bob Dylan in the period from Blood on the Tracks until out of time)

graves
09-07-2004, 08:06 PM
I do not understand the argument at all. Nobody is "forcing"anybody to buy CD's.I bought all the singles from Damien's web site (very affordable prices and inexpensive shipping cost to USby the way)and I've enjoyed them a lot. When the B-sides came out, I realized that I already have all the songs in my collection and did not buy the new release. It's as simple as that smileys/smiley2.gif

Bumpman
09-07-2004, 08:14 PM
well this conversation has turned quite sour ian, desire & oh mercy are fine albums, with great songs on each one. so you see, it only took bob dylan twenty one releases to make two truly great albums smileys/smiley36.gif</font>

we do know that the second album is going to include the angry songs, which means then go, the blower's daughter part ii, me my yoke & i, woman like a man... i'd bet a shiny nickel that we'll see the professor and fool on it too.

graves
09-07-2004, 08:19 PM
Professor, woman like a man and then go were already released in singles.

I'd expect that the majority of the songs in the second album will be "brand new". Well, at least that's what I'm hoping for...

#Ian#
09-07-2004, 08:23 PM
I don't have oh mercy but I really don't care for Desire with the exception of Sarah/Sara.

I can't fault your predicted track list based on the songs that we know are out there and Damien's statements about it being the angry album but my point remains that for all we know he's got songs that he hasn't played live yet.

Jgrg1984
09-07-2004, 08:37 PM
a magazine called paste did a great article on damien, if i find the link or anyone has it, post it, but anyway...he mentioned that me, my yoke and i, and woman like a mine most likely on the next album. damien is gonna do what he wants with the album especially with the recording process, look at what he did with o for instance. there are all kinds of possibilities as far as a track listing.

Bumpman
09-07-2004, 08:37 PM
it's highly possible, but the live at the union chapel release is a limited tour only/newspaper release... i have a recording of damien saying that the blower's daughter part ii is going to be track three on the next album, i also think i remember someone on this board saying that he told them that woman like a man and the professor are going to be on the second album.

I can't see that damien would release an album made up entirely of stuff he knew was already floating around on computers worldwide, but in all fairness we'll probably have heard roughly half of the stuff on the next album.

Oh Mercy is a good album, and i quite enjoy desire</font>

Jgrg1984
09-07-2004, 08:44 PM
oo yea the article said blowers daughter part 2 as well if i recall.i agree, there isdefinetly going to be a handfull of songs we have already heard, but think about it, he has "unreleased" material that is more than great. woman like a man and professor are amazing songs, to name twoso eventhoughyour diehardfans have heard them alot, whynot put them on an albumif it works.

Servalan
09-07-2004, 09:34 PM
I don't seeDamien putting Blower's Daughter Pt II, Woman Like a Man or The Professor on his second album. It would make it so blatantly obvious that he's doing a bit of 'milking' - surely he can't pull the wool by releasing songs which are four years old?

Or maybe he can - I didn't think Cannonball would be released three times in the UK, but it was. Whatever he releases, his listeners will buy, no doubt about that.

One thing is true, Damien is a shrewd businessman. We'd get to the end ofa longevening session, and he'd not've bought a drink all night. He could charm the back legs off a donkey.smileys/smiley4.gif

Here's hoping the next album is fresh and original. It's going to face up to huge comparisons (what with having such a great debut), but I'm sure it'll live up to expectations.

cille
09-07-2004, 09:52 PM
Actually, I've changed my mind, he's not just a wa*ker, he's a c**t.

smileys/smiley19.gifmy genitals are being used as a worse cuss-word than w**ker - is that really the general idea about the word 'c**t'??? smileys/smiley18.gifnothing wrong with w**king either, btw. infact, who aren't w**kers? i think i know more than a few who practice w**king regularly...

ah, i'm off track here. that way of talking about a (rather important) part of me just made me kinda sad. but why are people so fast at calling others names like 'w**ker', 'c**t', 'jerk', etc... ??? i think it only spreads negativity, and prevents any constructive debatesmileys/smiley11.gifi mean, j d is entitled to have his opinions, but what's so f**king interesting about his assessment of damiens character - a person he prolly hasn't even met..smileys/smiley11.gif

Jgrg1984
09-07-2004, 10:29 PM
if you havent met someone you shouldnt be calling them names or giving a negative impression of him. Not only is it useless, but to some extentit shows that you have a negative image of the world in general. As a fan though, i want someone that i look up to to not be an ass, w**nker, whatever you want.

cille
09-07-2004, 10:42 PM
but who desides who is an ass, a w**ker, a jerk off, etc...? i mean, a person can come off as a jerk in some situations to some people, and come off lovely and agreeable in the same situations to other people or in other situations to other people, etc etc... so judgements like that - even about ppl you've meet - are pretty worthless, i'd say...

Jgrg1984
09-08-2004, 01:05 AM
i agree totally, that is very true. no one in the world is innocent of being in a bad mood or having a bad day. Just because someone is famous does not mean he or she can escape something that is in our nature. We have all given bad impressions to certain people, whether we realize it or not. There are people out there that probably think that i am a jerk, or am high strung or something, when in fact those who know me well know that is far from true. Just because a person can write and play songs for example, doesnt mean that they have to maintain a higher standard of interaction and personality. They deal with real things just like you and i. They can have bad days, they can have bad moods, they can make real life decisions. Its to the extent when the person is actually a w**nker deep down that would bother me, but no one here is capable of making that determination as far as i know.

...those of you without sin, cast the first stone

tomas
09-08-2004, 01:40 AM
(Bob Dylan in the period from Blood on the Tracks until out of time)

Can't say i agree with you there...at all smileys/smiley36.gif

Jgrg1984
09-08-2004, 01:44 AM
yea i didnt touch on the whole dylan thing....in my opinion and i know im not alone, blood on the tracks is one of his better albums, not best, but its a good album. and thats only naming one of the albums from in that dylan era

Bumpman
09-08-2004, 01:46 AM
I don't see*Damien putting Blower's Daughter Pt II, Woman Like a Man or The Professor on his second album.

I'm inclined to disagree, this thread is filled with people quoting damien saying that those songs and others that fans already know WILL be on the next album, a few months back there was a request from damienrice.com that no songs except the ones from "O"and two or three others be traded AT ALL. Which is as strong an indication as any that damien will probably release studio versions of 95% the songs in the lyrics section of this site.

Jgrg1984
09-08-2004, 02:02 AM
hes a songwriter which means that he is writing new stuff frequently. but certain "older" songs are put on albums all the time, its just that damo plays them alot and his fans have heard them alot. i like to think the next album will be a fair mic of old and new

cille
09-08-2004, 08:01 AM
i'm just thrilled about HOW he's gonna make those songs sound smileys/smiley1.gif

UnabashedIV
09-08-2004, 03:40 PM

I think you'll find that partly true Unbashed but i have to disagree, Damien Rice is certainly not coffee shop music. People mistake him for being that Norah Jones Album that is very relaxing and soothing stuff, Damien Rice is somewhat of an intense performer,somebody that you can't sit back and just have a relaxed emotian with. "O" seems like coffee shop music but if you ever listen to Damien RIce live then you can straight away that Damo sounds completely different and has copious amounts of variation to him

shut the f**k up you silly bastard. I;ve seen him at 2 glastonburys, 2 V festivals, 1 brixton gig, and a tiny little venure about 2 years ago birmingham academy 2.

So suck my overly large willy you pretensious little bastard and don't go preaching at the LORD OF EVERYTHING haha.

c'mon now seriously, don't talk to like, its rude u little c**t. plus, i get the impression your just a little fan boy and don't really know jack sh*t about music.

over and out young un'

looly
09-08-2004, 03:41 PM
smileys/smiley3.gif

UnabashedIV
09-08-2004, 03:43 PM
hang on you people make an aweful lot of assumptions on the character of Damien Rice,

DO ANY OF YOU ACTUALLY KNOW HIM?

I think NOT.

This board has turned to sh*t.

Just lots of little Fan boys going round ' yeh I've seen him more than you, I'm a bigger fan, I am HIS ONLY FAN AHHHG! i wanna rape him!'

And lots of little fan girls creaming off over grainy photo's.

this place used to be pretty valuable. Guess this is what fame does to you.

milky
09-08-2004, 03:46 PM
smileys/smiley21.gifsmileys/smiley3.gif

UnabashedIV
09-08-2004, 03:46 PM
smileys/smiley3.gif

Did i offend you princess? Or are you making faces cos you wanna shampoo my crotch?

Did I say poo poo? Did it physically harm your eyes to read such disgust? ooooh poo poo.

Tink
09-08-2004, 03:51 PM
Woah hang on ther ok you have your opinion but i dont think you are being very fair using your bad language, bad sarcasm and down right rudeness. I am not saying that your opinion isnt valued and acknowleged but dismissing other peoples views and feelings so quickly isnt being fair and quite frankly makes people not want to value your opinion.

looly
09-08-2004, 03:54 PM
I'm not offended dear. Simply amazed at the fact that you are stupid enough to let people see that you are fighting a loosing battle by lowering yourself to such pathetic comments and abuseful language because you have no more brain cells to back up your comments, which now seem ludicrous because any sense of credibility that you did have has now clearly been hurled out the nearest window, and have no intelligence left to continue this debate inany kind of adult manner and resort to abusing those involved in this discussion by calling them kids when it's clear that even a child has more intelligence/manners/civility/decency/common sense/vocabulary than you.

Pick a window, chump.

Lemonhead
09-08-2004, 03:54 PM
. And you never know, it could well be, great musicians sometimes make horrible albums, or indeed a series of them (Bob Dylan in the period from Blood on the Tracks until out of time)

you shouldn't say that they're bad albums just because you don't like or agree with the music or points he was trying to get across... i'm guessing you don't share his beliefs but you should try to be at least open and respect them, not say that they are horrible!! that's kinda ignorant.

you can't say that 20 years of his creative life were bad, they were just as good, only different, and that is exactly one of the reasons that they were good!!! dylan was never afraid to be different, and i hate hearing people slate him for the works he produced in that period... if he had to courage to change his lifestyle and work for what he believed, you should try to accept that and be personally influenced by it... if you still don't agree, then fine.

oooh look at me... ranting!smileys/smiley4.gif

Lemonhead
09-08-2004, 03:56 PM
hey jackass, stop dissing looly!!!smileys/smiley7.gif

emmett's gonna kick you out if you don't cop on... learn some manners!!

milky
09-08-2004, 03:57 PM
Fair play loolssmileys/smiley32.gif

Jgrg1984
09-08-2004, 03:57 PM
All that is not necessary. This is a friendly board, a great community and it would be a shame if something happened to that. The main reason i joined this board was becuase of the family type atmosphere of it. There is no use for bad language, name calling, or egotistical posts. IT does not get anyone anywhere, its a bunch of nonsense. By calling someone a name and saying i know more about damien, where does that get you. NOWHERE. Thats the problem with society in general, but if we have an opportunity to keep something like that outin an environment where it can be controlled and everyone can enjoyed one anothers company, we should make sure it stays that way. I have no tolerance for bad attitude or anything like that. And it would be a shame if it was brought to this board.

looly
09-08-2004, 03:59 PM
Emmett, I think you should close this topic please.

Jgrg1984
09-08-2004, 04:02 PM
i agree

Hannah650
09-08-2004, 04:09 PM
Hey Unabashed its rightly out of order u comin here simply to trash other members. Fair enough expressing your opinion, and its fine if those are your views but theres absolutely no need to be so bloody offensive and rude.We all come here because we enjoy chatting to other Damien fans as well as listening to his music and finding out what he's up to. Nobody is doing any harm, except you by insulting other users. If this site has gone to the dogs as you say do yourself and us a favour and dont bother coming back.

mestonf
09-08-2004, 04:41 PM
yes, yes i do...that's settled then, we'll meet for tea cos we are cool kids who drink tea and not coffee smileys/smiley36.gif*how's tomorrow during your lunch hour??

shut the f**k up you silly bastard. I;ve seen him at 2 glastonburys, 2 V festivals, 1 brixton gig, and a tiny little venure about 2 years ago birmingham academy 2.

So suck my overly large willy you pretensious little bastard and don't go preaching at the LORD OF EVERYTHING haha.

c'mon now seriously, don't talk to like, its rude u little c**t. plus, i get the impression your just a little fan boy and don't really know jack sh*t about music.

over and out young un'

I'm not going to even lower myself to even argue with you.

But trust me i probably know more about the music scene than you think. The fact i'm a musician might help

But please don't insult people

Emmett can you close this thread please?

UnabashedIV
09-08-2004, 04:57 PM

over and out young un'

I'm not going to even lower myself to even argue with you.

But trust me i probably know more about the music scene than you think. The fact i'm a musician might help

But please don't insult people

Emmett can you close this thread please?

never make an assumption, and tell someone to go see someone live, because u never know, they've probably seen a hell of alot more than you. I'm at the heart of the oxford msuic scene, radiohead anyone?

So please, spare me.

mestonf
09-08-2004, 04:59 PM
Just lots of little Fan boys going round ' yeh I've seen him more than you, I'm a bigger fan, I am HIS ONLY FAN AHHHG! i wanna rape him!'

Isn't this exactly what you said about how many festivals you have been to?

Vienna
09-08-2004, 05:00 PM
well congratulations to you, still gives you no right to hurl abuse at people

why don't you spare us your bullsh*t next time!

UnabashedIV
09-08-2004, 05:00 PM
Pick a window, chump.

pick pick pick pick my ass bitch! yeh! http://www.ebaumsworld.com/thesmurfs.shtml

UnabashedIV
09-08-2004, 05:01 PM

Isn't this exactly what you said about how many festivals you have been to?

well don't put my musical knowledge to the question and you won't get told. unlike you i don't go round preachin it wankstain...kiss my beautiful arse

Vienna
09-08-2004, 05:01 PM
oh how delightful of you as ever

saying you wanna rape someone is a tad over the top wouldn't you say, makes you seem like a really nice person

Vienna
09-08-2004, 05:02 PM
aaarrgh enough already

UnabashedIV
09-08-2004, 05:02 PM
oh how delightful of you as ever

saying you wanna rape someone is a tad over the top wouldn't you say, makes you seem like a really nice person

shut it, or i'll rape you!

Vienna
09-08-2004, 05:03 PM
um yeh ok

UnabashedIV
09-08-2004, 05:05 PM
um yeh ok

did you know 65% of all rape cases, those women fall in love unknowingly with their rapist and end up marrying them? when and if they find out, theydon't mind.true fact

Women are odd ain't they. they love it really.

Vienna
09-08-2004, 05:06 PM
and your point being????

are you trying to scare me with your made up statistics cos it ain't working

get a lifeEdited by: Vienna

UnabashedIV
09-08-2004, 05:07 PM
and your point being????

are you trying to scare me with your made up statistics cos it ain't working

get a life, retard

I'm educating you thicky.

maccas81
09-08-2004, 05:09 PM
with all due respect unabashed, youre talking through your hole!

UnabashedIV

thru yer mums.

Vienna
oh thicky am i????

please you don't know me to make assumptions as to my level of intelligence, just as felix doesn't know you to make assumptions as to your knowledge of the music scene

Vienna
09-08-2004, 05:10 PM

um i wouldn't say he was due any respect at all shaun

maccas81
09-08-2004, 05:11 PM
thats kind of what i was getting at V! smileys/smiley36.gif

Vienna
09-08-2004, 05:12 PM
smileys/smiley36.gifyeh ok!! sarcasm was lost on me there then!

maccas81
09-08-2004, 05:14 PM
yeah i know .....when you get pissed off htese subtle things tend to go unnoticed!

Vienna
09-08-2004, 05:16 PM
true, very true!!

well i'm gonna leave this wonderfully enlightening conversation to go and dye my hair!! smileys/smiley36.gif(not blondeby the way)

maccas81
09-08-2004, 05:18 PM
not blonde...she doth protest too much!!smileys/smiley36.gifits blonde....admit it!!

Vienna
09-08-2004, 05:19 PM
um yeh ok it is i'm natural (collars and cuffs match!!) smileys/smiley36.gif

kidding!

maccas81
09-08-2004, 05:20 PM
smileys/smiley36.gifwell have fun anyway...and mind you dontr get any in your eyes!smileys/smiley5.gifsee ya later!!

Vienna
09-08-2004, 05:22 PM
haha cheers shaun....cya later smileys/smiley4.gif

maccas81
09-08-2004, 05:23 PM
by the way v...are u from bristol....my aunt lives there im over a lot!

Vienna
09-08-2004, 05:24 PM
yeh well i'm at uni there...going back up next weekend!

maccas81
09-08-2004, 05:26 PM
cool what u study there...its a nice college.....and near fopp on park row as well...sweet!

Vienna
09-08-2004, 05:28 PM
hehe now i'm making myself sound thick!! i'm actually at UWE studying spanish and business systems....but i live right in the centre at the end of corn street so yeh i'm dead near fopp, i love that place!!

Vienna
09-08-2004, 05:30 PM
argh i really gotta go but i'll talk to you soon xx

maccas81
09-08-2004, 05:31 PM
its like a mecca for me.....cds are so expensie hre...cheaper in northern ireland but still dear....and i flock to fopp whenever i can and spend like a madman!! oh my aunt went to that college so you dont sound thick at all!! its a cool town thought bu i never really got to go out in it so i dunno what the nightlife is like!

Vienna
09-08-2004, 05:46 PM
popped back in while the hair dye is taking!

well i love the nightlife....especially the 'rock nights' cos there's nothing like that round here! it's more like home to me in bristol now than my actual hometown! just wish i coulda spent the summer there but couldn't afford it!!

you should let me know when you're next coming over and i'll get trish over from cardiff and any other eskimos who fancy a journey!! smileys/smiley4.gif

right i really am going now!! adios

maccas81
09-08-2004, 05:49 PM
well have fun vienna!! and thanks for the offer i;ll take you up on that sometime!!! see ya later!

cille
09-08-2004, 08:18 PM
wow, this thread has been.... QUITE an experience to read!!! first a pretty good discussion, then unabashed's cynical attacks thus failing to get his point through cause of the mean-ness, and then chatting about dying hair and bristol and sorroundings...smileys/smiley36.gif

...seriously, unabashed surely has to be banned by now, right?smileys/smiley11.gifi guess it's easy to sit somewhere anonumously and crap all over other people... it has to stop, that's all i have to say about that smileys/smiley5.gifEdited by: cillecille

Hannah650
09-08-2004, 08:23 PM
god to see the eskimo love againhttp://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/smileys/smiley31.gifsmileys/smiley4.gif

#Ian#
09-08-2004, 11:20 PM
you shouldn't say that they're bad albums just because you don't like or agree with the music or points he was trying to get across... i'm guessing you don't share his beliefs but you should try to be at least open and respect them, not say that they are horrible!! that's kinda ignorant.

you can't say that 20 years of his creative life were bad, they were just as good, only different, and that is exactly one of the reasons that they were good!!! dylan was never afraid to be different, and i hate hearing people slate him for the works he produced in that period... if he had to courage to change his lifestyle and work for what he believed, you should try to accept that and be personally influenced by it... if you still don't agree, then fine.

oooh look at me... ranting!smileys/smiley4.gif

I have absolutely no problem with Dylan's religious conversion (which I assume is what you were referring to), everyone is free to believe whatever they want to believe, my repeated statements of admiration for the work of Sufjan Stevens (and I REALLY love his music) surely prooves that I don't have a problem with music of a devotional nature (where's Valarie when I need her to back me up?), I simply think that in the main the material that he released over that period (looking at the stuff that he released over that time I now realise that one of my favourite Dylan songs "Most of the time" dates from then, I like "Gotta Serve Somebody" also and I've allready expressed a liking for "Sara") was of rather poor quality compared to his output from outside that time period (particularly before when he produced what I'd consider to be 3 near perfect albums in Blood on the Tracks, Highway 61 Revisited and Blonde on Blonde).

And I'm perfectly within my rights to say that I think they're bad albums if I think they are, it's all subjective and my opinion doesn't negate any opinion of yours that they were worthwhile additions to his canon. I really don't see why people take it as an insult when someone expresses a distase for music that they like, to that extent I would question the need for the existance of this thread, but to each their own and I'm digressing.

I'm living in my universe, you're living in yours. In mine I think that they are bad albums and you think they are good, theat means that in my universe they are bad albums; in yours you think that they are good albums and I disagree, that means in your universe they are good.

SisterMidnight
09-09-2004, 12:15 AM
What a moody little thread. http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/smileys/smiley22.gifWhy are we even caring about what ppl on the cluas site have to say anyway? (What is the cluas site anyway??) But seriously I don't give a crap what other ppl say about Damien or(us) his fans. I used to, especially if someone dissed Damien,but now I think it's silly really. Do you think Damien cares? Probably not, but I wouldn't know because I don't know him. Sometimes it just gets taken all too personally.

And no it doesn't look as if Unabashed IV has been banned yet, Cille. Maybe Emmett's tired of banning him cos he always just comes back in a different incarnation. Or maybe Emmett thinks this forum needs an instigator? Or maybe Emmett just doesn't care anymore! smileys/smiley3.gifThat's kind of like saying god is dead, isn't it? smileys/smiley2.gif

mooodyyyyyy...... mooooodaaayyyy........

cille
09-09-2004, 08:19 AM
maybe Emmett just doesn't care anymore! smileys/smiley3.gif

smileys/smiley3.gifi can't even imagine he'd stop caring smileys/smiley19.gif

...but maybe unabashed is really emmett's alter ego..?smileys/smiley2.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

nah, let's not go down that road again...smileys/smiley9.gif

(i don't really think he is, don't worrysmileys/smiley2.gif)Edited by: cillecille

Enoch
09-09-2004, 05:04 PM
Ignore Trolls

cille
09-09-2004, 08:10 PM
trolls???

administrator
09-09-2004, 10:54 PM
hi guys. i didn't see this thread until now so i'm sorry for not banning unabashed earlier. i've banned him a few times now and he keeps re-registering. if he tries to register again can you let me know please? and if anyone ever starts disrupting things like that, please let me know in case i don't see it. thanks. and sorry again.