PDA

View Full Version : Eskimo Friend lyric interpretation

tkbaumga
09-09-2004, 02:22 AM
My friend and I are arguing about what the lyrics in 'Eskimo Friend' mean. He thinks it's about drugs, and I think it's about a friend (eskimo or otherwise). Any ideas?

jenn fox
09-09-2004, 02:34 AM
Damien has said that the song eskimo friend, is about a friend of his, a girl, who kind of looked a bit like an eskimo. He wrote this song after trying for days and days to write more "catchy" songs for his label when he was with Juniper, the story goes that he just kind of held himself up in a room and tried to write, when he couldn't he got frustrated and threw the guitar and it hit the wall or radiator or something like that. He got scared because it was his friends guitar and so to check that it was o.k. he just kind of gave it a strum, and that strum became the opening chords of Eskimo, he said from there the words just literally poured out of him...Lucky for us Damien gets pissed off and throws guitars heh? smileys/smiley36.gif

Krystian
09-09-2004, 04:04 AM
if you do a search you can find lots more discussions ands replies on this very topic smileys/smiley4.gif

cille
09-09-2004, 08:28 AM
yeah, and it can mean whatever you want it to, you know, regardless of damien's initial intentions smileys/smiley1.gif

fmmc
09-11-2004, 03:20 PM
he always has great stories about where his songs came from!