PDA

View Full Version : What can i say how brilliant is he!

Tink
09-20-2004, 03:17 PM
Wow is all i can say Damien and the guys were absolutley fantastic, my friend who didnt like Damien Rice thought he was absolutely amazing to. I got to the front wooo!

They opened with Delicate which was absolutely magical i mean i cried in it because it was beautiful. He then did Volcano with his usual live intro, That continued to be brilliant at the end the crowd were rocking to it. I f i remember right they did Woman Like A Man next which was immense, and i was totally rocking out to that. Then i think they did Cold Water next which was a very uplifting experience and left me breathless. I think Blowers Daughter followed with Lisa doing her little guitar part. After he did Cannonball, and the whole crowd sang with him and i felt soo happy for him i cant imagine the feeling of ppl singing your song. Finally they finished with I Remember which Lisa sounded hauntingly beautiful on and again i rocked out to that to.

Damien looked gorgeous and i thought Vvyienne looked stunning. After i was sooo amazed he is truly amazing and i got soo close to him. I was screaming my head off at the end and i had to explain to a few ppl that i was slightly obsessedsmileys/smiley36.gif. OOOooooh i was waving the Ireland falg.

miss satis
09-20-2004, 03:31 PM
wowowowow !!

smileys/smiley4.gifsounds like you had a blast! what's everyone else say who went?

i really need to see damo live!! everytime i miss him i feel totally gutted!! smileys/smiley19.gif

anywho, ge 'ed tink!! smileys/smiley4.gifseriously at the front?? like how close in metres??.... hehe

Angela
09-20-2004, 04:03 PM
Oh, I'm happy for you! That sounds so great. smileys/smiley32.gifI miss him smileys/smiley19.gifIt was nice to watch the crappy 'lil video, tough.

Tink
09-20-2004, 04:05 PM
There was like five ppl infont of me and we all squashed up so it was really like two ppl infornt of me. I've juts watched the video and i can pick out me screaming at some points

Libby
09-20-2004, 08:09 PM
Thats a great little review Tink smileys/smiley1.gif

You did well getting to the front- we were about 10 rows back. I do envy you!

I was teary eyed as well, it was one of the best performances I have ever seen live. My best friend has turned into a big Damo lover as well!

The people who did the sound and lighting did a wonderful job - it almost seemed likeDamien and the crewwere playing in a church as the lighting had a stained glass effect.

We were very lucky to be there smileys/smiley1.gif

Tink
09-20-2004, 08:10 PM
Did you see me i was the person waving the ireland flag and wearing the Irealnd belt?

Libby
09-20-2004, 08:12 PM
Sorry Tink, I didn't see you!

You should have worn a fairy outfit and I might have spotted you a little better!

I shall have a look at the video to see if I can pick you out smileys/smiley1.gif

Tink
09-20-2004, 08:14 PM
No you cant i watched but if you listen very carefully as Damien plays the first bit of woman like a man somebody shouts yes and screams thats me, ppl thought i was crazy seriouslysmileys/smiley36.gif

Jgrg1984
09-20-2004, 10:05 PM
thats awesome.next time he comes around my parts i am doing whatever it takes to get front row. and ill make a prediction, i will probably shed some tears. just for sh*ts and giggles i was thinking how awesome it would be if he invited say, me, to come on stage and play a song with him, put a guitar on and just jam with him.would never happen, but that would be awesome

mestonf
09-21-2004, 05:53 PM
sounds like you had a gooooood time tink!

fmmc
09-21-2004, 07:21 PM
where can i find the video of it?smileys/smiley5.gif

Hendrik
09-21-2004, 07:42 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onebigweekend/birmingham/damienrice/2.jpg

Sorry, but he really looks like that silly kid in About a boy (Killing me softly...).... smileys/smiley36.gif

pamela
09-21-2004, 07:53 PM
MARCUS ( ooh i love that film ! )

Hannah650
09-21-2004, 08:21 PM
where can i find the video of it?smileys/smiley5.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onebigweekend/birmingham/sunday (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onebigweekend/birmingham/sunday.shtml). shtml

theresmileys/smiley17.gif

concetta
09-21-2004, 08:24 PM
Sorry, but he really looks like that silly kid in About a boy (Killing me softly...).... smileys/smiley36.gif

smileys/smiley36.gif smileys/smiley36.gif true smileys/smiley36.gif smileys/smiley36.gif

cille
09-21-2004, 08:30 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onebigweekend/birmingham/damienrice/2.jpg

yay! and i love him for it!! gigs and freaks of the worl - unite!smileys/smiley32.gifsmileys/smiley4.gif

Hendrik
09-21-2004, 08:45 PM
Nooo, he's a pseudo weirdo! smileys/smiley2.gif

There's only one true weirdo: IT lives in Denmark! smileys/smiley9.gif smileys/smiley2.gif

Gazel
09-21-2004, 08:45 PM
oooh harsh wordssmileys/smiley36.gif