PDA

View Full Version : Interview in ’The Australian’

Bumpman
09-23-2004, 06:29 PM
Here's a new interview (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/printpage/0,5942,10858226,00.html), curiously enough it's dated the 24th of september, which is tomorrow... Did anyone ever see that show where that guy got tomorrow's news today?Edited by: Bumpman

pamela
09-23-2004, 06:48 PM
i like those kinds of interviews !

administrator
09-23-2004, 07:34 PM
thanks for the link

Daniel
09-23-2004, 07:35 PM
Did anyone ever see that show where that guy got tomorrow's news today? early edition.
nothing to do with my sig by the way.

LILY
09-23-2004, 07:40 PM
I can just picture them sitting there, with pompom slippers,
having tea.

Lemonhead
09-23-2004, 07:42 PM
quote from the interview... "Cup of tea?" he asks, padding into the kitchen and putting the kettle on. "Hello!" says his older sister, Sinead, who is visiting, looking up from a laptop screen filled with Damien Rice-related administration.

let's hope it was eskimofriends, heehee.smileys/smiley1.gif

mari
09-23-2004, 07:59 PM
I enjoyed reading that too, thanks. I think That it is already tomorrow in Australia hence the date on the article!smileys/smiley36.gif

Colbarr
09-23-2004, 09:40 PM
i would imagine thats wat it is. Great stuff though buty not as good as paste's interview

Hannah650
09-23-2004, 10:55 PM
yeh quite a good intervew - nice to hear a little bit about his background as a kid and stuff! Thanx bumpmansmileys/smiley4.gif

Loveless
09-24-2004, 12:02 AM
technically when you posted the link it was September 24th in Australia, given their 10+hr time difference etc..
smileys/smiley1.gif smileys/smiley17.gif

SisterMidnight
09-29-2004, 06:19 AM
This whole time difference thing is so confusing sometimes! smileys/smiley5.gif

I really enjoyed the article too, it seemed like a laid back and intimate interview and did give a view intoDamien's private life and who he isas a persona bit more. And he must have wanted it that way or hey wouldn't have invited the interviewer over to his mom's house for lunch.But I can't helppicking up onthese odd little similarities with me when it comes to Damien....

"The dog, Holly, licks my ankles. "Sorry," says Rice, dunking a tea bag. "She does that."" My dog that I had before my husky, Sugar, was named Holly. Only it's my calico cat that licks your ankles not my dogs.

"... a back room... the smell of last night's dope smoke... Swathes of batik cover the untidiness." Sounds like my room lol.

""My parents didn't get on great when we were growing up," Rice says, matter-of-factly." Ditto. Till the day she died my mom would regularly call me up to vent about my dad... "...that ornery sob!" Only to me though, I was her sounding board. And he is pretty much an ornery sob.

"He studied the healing art of reiki. "I can drive meself mental," he says. "Reiki undoes all this thinking madness."" Were we not just talking about this, indigoangel?! Though I'm more yoga since I never got the chance to study reiki properly. And the driving yourself mental part... uh huh.

"Like the Messiah-character in one of his favourite books, Richard Bach's Illusions, Rice is tempted to chuck it all in, to go back to being happy just getting by." Also one of my favorite books. I didn't know Damien liked it, too. I bought it for a kid I was working with awhile back to help give him a new outlook and see more possibilities in life.

"...after Rice has made lunch, come along on the cab ride back into Dublin and given me a bear hug good-bye." He's a hugger!!http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/smileys/smiley31.gif I seriously hope I get the chance to hug Damien someday...

Plus I collect elephants and when I took "O" into my friend's record shop for him to check Damien out he pointed out the DRM elephant symbol and said "You're loving everything about this guy, aren't you?" and laughed. Yes I am!!smileys/smiley4.gifsmileys/smiley27.gifsmileys/smiley9.gif

Thanks for posting about the interview, Bumpman!

SilentNight
09-29-2004, 07:11 AM
you are very close to be a female Damiensmileys/smiley2.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

jayavo
09-29-2004, 02:41 PM
"Like the Messiah-character in one of his favourite books, Richard Bach's Illusions, Rice is tempted to chuck it all in, to go back to being happy just getting by." Also one of my favorite books. I didn't know Damien liked it, too. I bought it for a kid I was working with awhile back to help give him a new outlook and see more possibilities in life.

yeah its on my top ten list. i can see why its one of his favorite characters....the messiah thumbing his nose at what he is supposed to do and spending his time doing what he wants to do.... great book.

o and i like the part they mention he told the record company to stop advertising on t.v. if hes all about money he isnt the brightest of businessmen.

jason

Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself.
Being true to anyone else or anything else is not only impossible, but the mark of a false messiah.

- the reluctant messiah, illusions