PDA

View Full Version : a front door .ram

the professor
09-27-2004, 11:38 AM
i know you've all been anxious to hear this song. and now i get to be praised as a hero smileys/smiley17.gif

just click on this (it may take a while to load..but it's such a beautiful song, its worth it smileys/smiley17.gif):

http://www.ontheverge.ie/Sounds/archiverice.ram (http://www.ontheverge.ie/Sounds/archiverice.ram)

OR

http://www.ontheverge.ie/index2.html (http://www.ontheverge.ie/index2.html)-> archives -> damien rice/ lisa hannigan - "front door"

pamela
09-27-2004, 11:53 AM
oooh god that is one of the most beautiful damo songs i've heard ! thanks SOOOOO much. god , its going on repeat now !

Banjaxed
09-27-2004, 12:42 PM
i know you've all been anxious to hear this song. and now i get to be praised as a hero smileys/smiley17.gif

nice one. all praise to the hero... at the end of the day.

Rain
09-27-2004, 01:14 PM
Yaay! It's playing!

THANKS!!! smileys/smiley4.gifEdited by: Rain

looly
09-27-2004, 01:37 PM
It won't play for me smileys/smiley5.gif

mari
09-27-2004, 02:00 PM
It took a little while, but i got it in the end, and it was so worth the wait, beautiful, thank you, professorsmileys/smiley32.gif.

Hannah650
09-27-2004, 03:04 PM
ooh imconnecting now, heard this before but aint a great version so yay! Thanxhttp://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gifEdited by: Hannah650

rileyf
09-27-2004, 03:23 PM
beautiful

Angela
09-27-2004, 03:36 PM
Thanks! smileys/smiley17.gif

Hendrik
09-27-2004, 04:52 PM
Who cares for Front door?

Thanks, cos of that link I discovered a rare Gemma Hayes tune. Yay. smileys/smiley4.gif

shane_b
09-27-2004, 06:43 PM
anyone want this i'll send it to them, i have the rm file yay

mestonf
09-27-2004, 07:03 PM
argh!!! It won't work for me! Anyone have an MP3 version of it?

Is this actually damos own song?

Spamlet
09-29-2004, 07:41 AM
Emmet's gonna be pissed off that you did that. There's a reason the song hadn't been openly shared til now...

Enoch
09-29-2004, 10:18 AM
Emmet's gonna be pissed off that you did that. There's a reason the song hadn't been openly shared til now...

smileys/smiley5.gifexplain mate? obviously most of us aren't aware of the reason ..

Banjaxed
09-29-2004, 11:44 AM

yeah, i haven't heard of this reason either. don't see how Emmett could be pissed off at him if he didn't know it wasn't supposed to be shared.

niallo
09-29-2004, 12:27 PM
thanks,its a beautiful song,cant stop playin itsmileys/smiley1.gif

Spamlet
09-29-2004, 06:20 PM
Several of us have had a version of it for awhile now but we were given it only onthe conditions that we 1)not let anyone else knowwe had it and 2) not share it.

Damo absolutelynever plays it andso apparently it was one of those few ultra secret raritieswe aren't supposedto distribute (like "Accidental Babies", "Is that it, my friend?"or "WDYKAL?" the only 3 I've stillyet to hear). Obviously now that it's been released that's allmoot.

Thisversion is different (much better quality, too)from the one I had. I guess I'd reallylike to know how and whereprofessor got itsince this ban to my knowledgehas been in effect for anyone else who he'd have acquired it from.

mari
09-29-2004, 06:38 PM
All that went way over my head! However, Spamlet, i'm off to see a production of Hamlet on monday night, can't wait, any connection with your name, are you a Shakespeare buff?

Lemonhead
09-29-2004, 07:10 PM
whoa! spamlet, calm down!! sure it's all good, take it easy... i mean, you've heard it yourself, are you not excited that other people can now too?! big smiles.smileys/smiley4.gif

but i'm still not going to download it tho, there's loads of songs i haven'theard yet so the new album will be a big surprise... well, i've hearda lot, but i've being trying not to lately to let the anticipation build!!smileys/smiley14.gifit's really stupid but i'm sticking to it!!!

Spamlet
09-29-2004, 09:08 PM
Lemonhead,

I'm perfectly calm! I said Emmett was gonna be pissed, not me. As for the rest of it I was just explaining like I was asked to.

Mari,

Yes, I've been acting for about 20 years. I've played Hamlet 3 times but long before the internet I used to jokingly refer to the character that way just so things wouldn't get too stodgy. Later,itseemed a natural progression for a screen name. I just started graduate school here at the Alabama Shakespeare Festival (the 5th largest Shakespeare Festival in the world)3 weeks ago.

Here's a link to our website if anyone's interested.

www.asf.net

mari
09-29-2004, 09:11 PM
Oooh, I have never seen Hamlet, but am looking forward to going to the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Stratford. Tell me, What is Hamlet's uncle called? Just can't remembersmileys/smiley5.gif!

Lemonhead
09-29-2004, 10:11 PM
Lemonhead,

I'm perfectly calm! I said Emmett was gonna be pissed, not me. As for the rest of it I was just explaining like I was asked to.

no problem dude, thanks for your reply! i was just wondering why the strong sentiment, but i guess if your asked to do something then it's fair to stick to it... i'm glad you appreciate damien's wishes, i'm just still not sure why this particular post goes against it, seeing as there's soo many other unreleased tracks up!!

smileys/smiley4.gifi like shakespeare too!...

Banjaxed
09-30-2004, 08:36 AM
Several of us have had a version of it for awhile now but we were given it only onthe conditions that we 1)not let anyone else knowwe had it and 2) not share it.

Well the Stone Masons have spoken...we justdidn't know it. I guess that's the problem with little secret societies, it's pretty hard for them to broadcast their "rules" to everyone else.

Damo absolutelynever plays it andso apparently it was one of those few ultra secret raritieswe aren't supposedto distribute (like "Accidental Babies", "Is that it, my friend?"or "WDYKAL?" the only 3 I've stillyet to hear). Obviously now that it's been released that's allmoot.

Apart from the fact that damien has made it clear that he'd rather not have ANY of his as yet unreleased material available publicly he also explicitly said that he didn't want "Accidental Babies" to be shared. Did he say that for "Front Door"? If he did, then fair enough, nobody should share it (except the stonemasons amongst themselves). Also why would he play it on a radio show if he didn't want people to hear it?

Enoch
09-30-2004, 09:04 AM
I've had a copy of Front Door since June, I didn't even know it was a big secret. Ah well ...

shane_b
09-30-2004, 02:55 PM
i dunno why people are not allowed to share them, if they were new tracks and was goin on the album i'd understand, but they are unreleased, even if they go on an album of unreleased material people would still by it, cos it aint as if they are all cd quality songs

Tink
09-30-2004, 06:27 PM
This song is beautiful thankyou im kind of in tears because it is relating to a close to the heart situation at the moment with me.

mestonf
09-30-2004, 07:30 PM
awww tink

buggar still can't get the wretched thing to bloody work! smileys/smiley7.gif smileys/smiley7.gif