PDA

View Full Version : Least Favourite Track On O

pamela
10-05-2004, 03:16 PM
I've seen so many " favourite song on O " threads, and cant remember seeing a least favourite one. SO whats your least favourite song on O. For me, it's cheers darling / prague.

Livo
10-05-2004, 03:19 PM
mine are silent night, cold water and cheers darlin'

Jgrg1984
10-05-2004, 03:24 PM
i can honestly say i do not have one...i didnt fully enjoy cheers darlin for a short time...but to be perfectly honest and hoping to avoiding sounding like acliche...i really enjoy them all and cant say i have a least favorite.

SisterMidnight
10-05-2004, 03:34 PM
It took me awhile to get used to Eskimo, but now it's one of my faves.smileys/smiley4.gif The first few times I played it the kids came in and gave me really strange looks lol. I played the whole CD for my brother and we got to Eskimo and he's like... "um... very operatic!" http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gifWhenever I play it in public (at a traffic light or in my friend's record store) people give kind of strange looks and I can't help but sit there and grin.

I don't really have a least favorite on "O" either. Not that crazy about Toffee Pop tho...

Lemonhead
10-05-2004, 03:37 PM
i wasn't really into cold water at first... but now i love it, so i don't have a least favourite... i like them all. and i don't care if you think it's cliche!!!smileys/smiley4.gif

mari
10-05-2004, 03:39 PM
My least favourite is Silent Night, although I don't actually dislike it, it's just that it's my least favourite - does that make sense?

SisterMidnight
i wasn't really into cold water at first... but now i love it, so i don't have a least favourite... i like them all. and i don't care if you think it's cliche!!!http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif

Yeah!! smileys/smiley17.gifSo there!!

*high fives JJ* smileys/smiley2.gifEdited by: SisterMidnight

pamela
i LOVE cold water, think its one of the best ( after volcano ! )

Lemonhead
10-05-2004, 03:47 PM
i wasn't really into cold water at first... but now i love it, so i don't have a least favourite... i like them all. and i don't care if you think it's cliche!!!http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif

Yeah!! smileys/smiley17.gifSo there!!

*high fives JJ* smileys/smiley2.gif

slaps melissa's arse in a feminine fashionsmileys/smiley4.gif

i mean...uhhhh... yeah high five!!smileys/smiley36.gif

looly
10-05-2004, 03:49 PM
You getting mixed up about your gender again JJ? smileys/smiley36.gif

SisterMidnight
10-05-2004, 03:50 PM
smileys/smiley36.gifLMAO!! (yes I'm laughing my feminine little arse offsmileys/smiley2.gif)

Lemonhead
10-05-2004, 03:52 PM
looly i thought you'd left!!! why are you stalking my posts?!!smileys/smiley36.gifglad to hear it melissa!smileys/smiley36.gif*high fives!*

Sinead
10-05-2004, 04:48 PM
I can't believe some of you don't like cheers darlin'. It is my favourite song...ever!! It amazes me!! God i love it so much!!! i probably like older chests the least but it's still great.!

Sinead! x

SisterMidnight
10-05-2004, 04:56 PM
I think Older Chests is amazing, especially the lyrics. I really like Cheers Darlin' too, it's my "get really drunk and feel sorry for myself" song. smileys/smiley17.gifBut I've heard other ppl say they think it's overdone, overly dramatic almost to the point of being pretentious. I think it's just quirky and out there and I love how he uses the sound of glasses clinking as percussion!

Sinead
10-05-2004, 05:08 PM
i think cheers darlin' is the best song on O although i've started 2 love volcano loads too!! Toffee pop is amazing too though!! I hear loads of people saying they love lonelily and i know lots of people will disagree with me but i don't see the huge attraction!! It's a good song but id say thats all really!!

Patricia
10-05-2004, 05:24 PM
I didn't use to like Older Chests, until my friend used a capo on it and I was able to sing it!

I'm not a huge fan of Cold Water either, even tho I still love it - if that makes sense.
I remember that at first, my faves were "i remember" and "cheers darlin", whereas my friend's were "cannonball" and "eskimo". My faves were her least faves and vice-versa, how strange?

Lazy Life
10-05-2004, 05:26 PM
hard as hell, but quite honestly, i LOVE it the least, you see?

so, the song i LOVE the least is volcano

SisterMidnight
10-05-2004, 05:27 PM
I didn't use to like Older Chests, until my friend used a capo on it and I was able to sing it!

I'm not a huge fan of Cold Water either, even tho I still love it - if that makes sense.
I remember that at first, my faves were "i remember" and "cheers darlin", whereas my friend's were "cannonball" and "eskimo". My faves were her least faves and vice-versa, how strange?

I love how Patricia sings Older Chests! smileys/smiley9.gif(go to the covers section to hear her! lovely!smileys/smiley32.gif)Edited by: SisterMidnight

mari
10-05-2004, 05:31 PM
I think older chests has amazing lyrics, it reminds me of my Dad, and in particular, it reminds me of the day I took my Dad to visit the house where he wasborn, it was an amazing experience, because the oldlady wholives there now was the very same person who moved in as a little girl all those years ago,when my Dad and his parents moved out.This little old lady and my Dadhad so many memories of how things used to be, and how happy and tranquil life was back then...My Dad is really ill now, so that was a pretty special day, and that track just reminds me of my howwonderful my Dad isand how much he means to me.smileys/smiley19.gif

Jgrg1984
10-05-2004, 06:02 PM
older chests is the song that doesnt really fit in with the rest of the album. it doesnt have the same feel as the rest of the songs, not about romance that is. i still have to say i love every song on that album, i have my favorites for moods, but there is no way i can decide on one that i like the least. if i like one less today, ill find myself having that as my favorite the next day.

Jgrg1984
10-05-2004, 06:03 PM
quick note:i meant that older chests wasnt about the same idea as the rest of the songs on O, i didnt mean that it doesnt fit in with the album. bc O is as close to flawless as you can get.

Tink
10-05-2004, 06:12 PM
I think volcano is and absolutley amazing, immense song live but i dont think that the recorded version on "O" does it enough justice so it will have to be volcano, although i think it is an amazing songsmileys/smiley4.gif

lonelilly_lil
10-05-2004, 06:15 PM
i didn't used to like older chests, but now i love it.

i dont care how stupid i sound, i love every single song on that album. ive found at times i like some more than others, but at heart, i love them all!!!

Bumpman
10-05-2004, 06:43 PM
it's hard to pick out the worst song from an album whose charm is that there are no bad songs on it...

The Pink Girly
10-05-2004, 08:49 PM
i LOVE cold water, think its one of the best ( after volcano ! )

i totally agree on the loving of cold water, it was an instant classic for me! BUT cant say the same for volcano!

i mean i really like it but .....

heres an example,

i've got 30mins to listen so i choose my faves.....

i listen to delicate (OMG LOVE IT!) then skip volcano (shockin! smileys/smiley36.gif)

then go on and random choose songs

i always have 1,3,4,and 6 though, its like the law!!

so basically i just dont feel it with volcano on O.(i mean in comparison to the others!)

HOWEVER, i LOVE it on the b-sides! completely changed it for me. i always listen to it on that!

cille
10-05-2004, 09:05 PM
i think cannonball can be kinda boring. still really like it though.

Spamlet
10-06-2004, 12:13 AM
Volcano is the one I'm most likely to skip as well.

Cali
10-06-2004, 12:51 AM
for me it'd have to be silent night

The Pink Girly
10-06-2004, 09:24 PM
i never listen to silent night because...

1) u have to wait ages for it

2) i sing it all day and everyone tells me off for singing christmas songs! i dont believe it's bad luck i just cant take the hassle!!

fmmc
10-08-2004, 10:16 PM
its hard to pick one but i'd have to say eskimo at the moment.i'm not even sure whysmileys/smiley5.gif

sarahukuk
10-08-2004, 10:20 PM

2) i sing it all day and everyone tells me off for singing christmas songs! i dont believe it's bad luck i just cant take the hassle!!

i agree someone moaned at me the other day for singing it they said it was bad luck i was like chill smileys/smiley36.gif

Always_Echos
10-08-2004, 11:06 PM

i agree someone moaned at me the other day for singing it they said it was bad luck i was like chill smileys/smiley36.gif

I'm gunna have to agree with u guys, i luv all the songs, but i luv Silent Night the least, just coz it sticks in my head & i get given weird looks for singing Xmas songs in July. Is it really bad luck??? smileys/smiley3.gif

kiddrinkingfire
10-09-2004, 09:36 AM
my least fav is..Amie smileys/smiley3.gif

yep it is

cille
10-09-2004, 10:17 AM

at first i thought 'arrrgh - xmas carol, i hate xmas, ergo: i don't like it!!!' but silent night is no longer a xmas song to me because i've heard it so many times and fallen in love with this version.

so don't listen to what people say and keep listening to silent night if you like it smileys/smiley4.gif