PDA

View Full Version : VICAR Street Dec31st: Are YOU over 18???

eskimo_friendly
12-15-2002, 07:44 AM
I'm 16 and so damnpissed off! I was so happy when I saw Damien was to be playing on new years eve in vicar street, and then i saw "strictly over 18s"!

Is anyone else under 18 going to try to get in?

Has anyone else under 18 ever gotten in to Vicar Street (besides into, as ticketmaster so kindly informed me, Liberty X, Six and Pat Shortt) ??

It would really finish the year off perfectly to spend the last few hours of it listening to Damien Rice wouldn't it!

Can anyone help me with this?

eskimo_friendly
12-15-2002, 07:44 AM
I'm 16 and so damnpissed off! I was so happy when I saw Damien was to be playing on new years eve in vicar street, and then i saw "strictly over 18s"!

Is anyone else under 18 going to try to get in?

Has anyone else under 18 ever gotten in to Vicar Street (besides into, as ticketmaster so kindly informed me, Liberty X, Six and Pat Shortt) ??

It would really finish the year off perfectly to spend the last few hours of it listening to Damien Rice wouldn't it!

Can anyone help me with this?

Gatsby
12-15-2002, 06:05 PM
under 18's is a load of bullsh*t mate

most gigs i went to years ago said "must be accompanied by adult" or "must be 18 id required"

as long as u dont have a baby face and dressed like a punk im sure you will get in

Gatsby
12-15-2002, 06:05 PM
under 18's is a load of bullsh*t mate

most gigs i went to years ago said "must be accompanied by adult" or "must be 18 id required"

as long as u dont have a baby face and dressed like a punk im sure you will get in

eskimo_friendly
12-16-2002, 02:22 PM
that's excellent if you're right! but are you sure? it says "Strictly Over 18s" everywhere this gig is advertised.

eskimo_friendly
12-16-2002, 02:22 PM
that's excellent if you're right! but are you sure? it says "Strictly Over 18s" everywhere this gig is advertised.

illyad
12-16-2002, 02:58 PM
To be honest, if it says strictly over 18s then the likelyhood is that they'll check for id, like a niteclub or bar.

It's all because of the alcohol on sale I suppose....

illyad
12-16-2002, 02:58 PM
To be honest, if it says strictly over 18s then the likelyhood is that they'll check for id, like a niteclub or bar.

It's all because of the alcohol on sale I suppose....

Gatsby
12-16-2002, 07:35 PM
if u look old enough and u have a ticket they wont bother with id i dont think

its worth a shot anyways and its new years eve ffs!

go get urself a fake id ;)

Gatsby
12-16-2002, 07:35 PM
if u look old enough and u have a ticket they wont bother with id i dont think

its worth a shot anyways and its new years eve ffs!

go get urself a fake id ;)

drainer
12-21-2002, 05:32 PM
Get a fake British college id on the internet, put on a northern accent and say you're from the north. Then they can't hassle you about an age card cos u wouldnt have 1 if u didnt live in the south!

Walk in really confident as well - bouncers r like dogs and can smell fear.

It always works 4 me so takethe advice from sum1 who has mastered the art of bullsh*ttin!

drainer
12-21-2002, 05:32 PM
Get a fake British college id on the internet, put on a northern accent and say you're from the north. Then they can't hassle you about an age card cos u wouldnt have 1 if u didnt live in the south!

Walk in really confident as well - bouncers r like dogs and can smell fear.

It always works 4 me so takethe advice from sum1 who has mastered the art of bullsh*ttin!

TiptoeMushroom
01-11-2003, 04:12 PM
yeah, i got into Witnness underage! lol

TiptoeMushroom
01-11-2003, 04:12 PM
yeah, i got into Witnness underage! lol

loveonautocue
01-12-2003, 08:30 PM
hehe i used to be completely unfazed about walking into over 18s gigs when i was underage but now i'm 20 i get worried and start making bouncers suspicious. typical! but they're right, it's a confidence thing. vicar st. isfine about no ID as long as you avoid the bar if you're looking young. hope you got in and had agreat new year :D

(isn't everyone underage for Witnness?! hehe... i was for thefirstonebut my friend and i were such dorks -kids weredowning 2 litre bottles of vodka andcoke all around us in the queue sothe people who werechecking bags couldn't believe weonly took soup with us inour thermos flask!they laughedfor an embarassingly long time and thenlet us through without any hassle.)

loveonautocue
01-12-2003, 08:30 PM
hehe i used to be completely unfazed about walking into over 18s gigs when i was underage but now i'm 20 i get worried and start making bouncers suspicious. typical! but they're right, it's a confidence thing. vicar st. isfine about no ID as long as you avoid the bar if you're looking young. hope you got in and had agreat new year :D

(isn't everyone underage for Witnness?! hehe... i was for thefirstonebut my friend and i were such dorks -kids weredowning 2 litre bottles of vodka andcoke all around us in the queue sothe people who werechecking bags couldn't believe weonly took soup with us inour thermos flask!they laughedfor an embarassingly long time and thenlet us through without any hassle.)

TiptoeMushroom
01-14-2003, 07:22 AM
.....oh man!! heehee.......ah well! what can ya do....

TiptoeMushroom
01-14-2003, 07:22 AM
.....oh man!! heehee.......ah well! what can ya do....