PDA

View Full Version : Damo on Radio National - Deep End

mestonf
10-10-2004, 11:45 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/rn/arts/deepend/index/default.htm

Just found this radio station saying they have some Damo stuff from the show on Friday 8th October it is on the 9:00 - 9:45 pm slot

sezmo
10-10-2004, 11:47 AM
but that was the day before yesterday smileys/smiley5.gif

mestonf
10-10-2004, 11:50 AM
yeah i only just found it and didn't see anyone else post it here

sezmo
10-10-2004, 11:53 AM
ah, only just realised you can listen to it online smileys/smiley9.gif

thanks for the link! smileys/smiley4.gifEdited by: sezmo

mestonf
10-10-2004, 12:02 PM
thats k sarah its quite an interesting Damo interview he kinda sounds mabye a little annoyed or not really too enthusiastic in the interview

sezmo
10-10-2004, 12:05 PM
yeah, just listening to it now... i think he kinda sounds like he has a cold too.

Lemonhead
10-10-2004, 12:50 PM
listen to the tom waits interview too...
ummm... what do you click on to listen?

yesss, i have tracked down 3 tom waits interviews this week... score!.... smileys/smiley4.gif

LILY
10-10-2004, 01:16 PM
Maybe the women who interviewed him pissed him off.
She has a voide like a schoolteacher.
On the otherhand...to explain again and again how "o" popped
into your head. Try to explain things that happen naturally.

sarahukuk
10-10-2004, 02:26 PM
the woman doing the interview is kinda annoying, she asks a question and when he answers she like explain more and you can tell hes thinking for f*cks sake, and yeah he sounds like he has a cold and coughpoor damo Edited by: sarahukuk

mari
10-10-2004, 03:43 PM
I'm listening to it right now, and I think the interviewer is rather irritating. Also Damien doesn't sound that well either.

SisterMidnight
10-10-2004, 04:19 PM
Listening to it right now. He does sound like he has a cold, poor guy! smileys/smiley6.gifHe still sounds good, tho. But yeah I get the impression he's kind of sick of explaining the meaning behind the songs and album title etc. over and over again. He's playing Volcano right now... all of Damo's songs have come to have completely different meaningsfor me since I first started listening to him... before he started playing this he really didn't want to explain the meaning because he said hedidn't want to discolor ppl's own impressions they had formed of his songs.

And yeah the interviewer is kind of annoying, huh? Now The Blower's Daughter... can't take my eyes off of you... smileys/smiley1.gif

Thanks for the link, Felix! Edited by: SisterMidnight

Hannah650
10-10-2004, 08:23 PM
god she'd do anyone's head insmileys/smiley7.gif"explain more, what do u mean?" like a teacher alright

sounds fed up alright,awh poor damo

thanx felixsmileys/smiley4.gif

Hannah650
10-10-2004, 08:25 PM
zero?? jaysus do your research woman!

mari
10-10-2004, 08:28 PM
smileys/smiley36.gifShe makes you want to slap her, and I'm not a violent person, belive mesmileys/smiley36.gif!

SilentNight
10-10-2004, 09:03 PM
poor Damien, had to talk to her while suffering cold and jetlagsmileys/smiley13.gif.

it's annoying when you have to talk to someone ..... hmm ...like thatsmileys/smiley7.gif.

mestonf
10-10-2004, 09:45 PM
yeah it does seem a rather socially neutral station, a kinda plain radio station if you know what i mean, correct me if i'm wrong!

But yeah the questions are a little teacherish!

Angela
10-11-2004, 12:14 AM
Good find, thanks! smileys/smiley4.gif

Kodiak2004
10-14-2004, 06:59 AM
yeah it does seem a rather socially neutral station, a kinda plain radio station if you know what i mean, correct me if i'm wrong!

But yeah the questions are a little teacherish!

I'm just listening to this now, cool!

Some back ground on the radio station - Radio National is the "ABC" which means that it's fullyfunded by the Australian government. It's not commercially funded at all (ie no ads!) and it's purpose is to broadcast nation wide so that news, entertainment and art infois available to all citizens even if they are in remote communities.

And also, because it's the "ABC" there are many pedantic listeners who insist that every word is pronounced correctly because if they are not they write in and complain...

I'm familiar with the hosts voice(from her previous work doing current affairson Triple J) so I don't find her that annoying...

shane_b
10-14-2004, 09:10 AM
yeah he does have a cold, cos that' how i'm singing at the moment, although i can't sing that well

"is it O or is it zero" lol someone aint listened to the album Edited by: shane_b

jschau2
10-14-2004, 05:02 PM
Is this still available to listen to??? I went to the site, but they just list that he was on.