PDA

View Full Version : Inside I’m Dancing

ali*
10-10-2004, 08:49 PM
I retende Eternal sunshine... last weekend and saw the trailer for Inside I'm dancing on which Older Chests was playing in the background. It's being shown tonight as the opener to the Cork film festival, but it goes on general release on friday, not sure if Damien is on the actual soundtrack or not, but i thought i could put it in this forum anyways. It looks goodhttp://www.corkfilmfest.org/programme04/galas/op-gala.html

Patricia
10-10-2004, 08:51 PM
Ian and I have seen the trailer when we went see a crap film last Sunday... I cried by just seeing the trailer, lol!

It does look really good smileys/smiley4.gif

mestonf
10-10-2004, 09:42 PM
mmm great news thanks! Have googled the film and no news on a soundtrack, thanks though!

Loveless
10-12-2004, 12:55 AM
www.entertainment.ie/cinema/review.asp? (http://www.entertainment.ie/cinema/review.asp?numero=3511&filmname=Inside+I%27m+Dancing&dontgo=0)

Director: Damien O’Donnell. Starring: James McAvoy, Steven Robertson, Romola Garai, Brenda Fricker, Stanley Townsend, Gerard McSorley. Details: Ire/ 104 mins/ (15PG).

The Dublin born director of East Is East (1999) and Heartlands (2002) returns home for this gentle if slightly predictable comedy about two young wheelchair-bound men who yearn to experience all the excitement life has to offer. Michael (an excellent performance by newcomer Robertson) suffers from severe cerebral palsy and lives in a dull Dublin nursing home, run with a maternal practicality by Eileen (Fricker).

All's meandering along quietly until the outspoken Rory (McAvoy), suffering from Duchenne muscular dystrophy, arrives and begins flaunting authority at every available juncture. Desperate to forge a life outside the safe and predictable walls of the nursing home, he convinces Michael that independence is the only option available to them, especially if a local girl, Siobhan (Garai) agrees to be their personal carers. A film which wears its big heart on its sleeve, Inside I'm Dancing is a broad, uncomplicated coming of age comedy-drama. By keeping the tone light, the comedy accessible and the characters vaguely spiky, O'Donnell doesn't really complicate matters, but doesn't patronise those at the heart of his film, either. Yet the screenplay follows a rather predictable arc, with the ending obvious to anyone who has paid the film the slightest bit of attention. In terms of performances, Robertson, an acclaimed stage actor, is superb, while McAvoy is also impressive, even if he's a little showier than is strictly necessary.

The Weatherman
10-12-2004, 01:35 PM
I retende Eternal sunshine... last weekend

And what did you think? I got it last weekend too and i loved it. Jim Carey is not Jim Carey in it, which is great. I love the way it is filmed, best film i've seen all year. Clementine is a great name. smileys/smiley1.gif

graves
10-12-2004, 01:46 PM
I think it's one of the best films of all time... Great cinematography and like the weatherman says, Jim Carey is not Jim Carey. Loved it...

cindy8219
10-12-2004, 01:50 PM
Loved the movie too. It was great. Anyone who hasnt seen it has to go out and rent it.

nakedlunch
10-12-2004, 01:57 PM
yeah it's absolutely amazing. I've seen it three times
now, twice in the cinema and once on video. I once
knew a girl just like Clementine (and sometimes I'm
a bit like Joel!). And the script is quite simply just
brilliantly written: "Sand is over-rated, it's just tiny little
rocks" smileys/smiley17.gif

Patricia
10-12-2004, 03:36 PM
I so wanted to see Eternal Sunshine!! But when it was out in UK and Ireland, I was in France... And now that it's out in France, I'm in UK... ARGH!

hollowrose
10-12-2004, 03:45 PM
it's out on dvd now

its a great great film

made me shed a tear or two smileys/smiley9.gif

and Kate Winslet is so cool and pretty

Patricia
10-12-2004, 03:46 PM
A tear or two, eh? Then I shall probably cry ariver! smileys/smiley36.gif

hollowrose
10-12-2004, 03:55 PM
yeah i tried to cover it up because i would have got teased by my significant other if he saw me smileys/smiley9.gif

ali*
10-12-2004, 10:37 PM
ive seen it twice, but ill buy it- i love it so much! but there's already a thread about it, so stop ruining the thread!

Donsie B!
10-15-2004, 05:40 PM
it looks great!

ali*
10-15-2004, 05:48 PM
yeah, i want to go see it over the midterm (yay, midterm!) um...just to totally contradict myself...ahem, and to be a total hypocrite, i loooooove eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, shall watch itagain at the weeknd smileys/smiley9.gif

Patricia
10-16-2004, 03:03 PM
Tomarse and I rented "eternal sunshine" yesterday.

I must say I'm rather disappointed by it... It's original, but it didn't deeply move me. I guess I waited too long before seeing it, and i had my hopes built up.

I've managed to convince him, we're most likely going to go to see "inside I'm dancing" tomorrow. smileys/smiley4.gif

tomas
10-17-2004, 02:31 AM
And the script is quite simply just

brilliantly written: "Sand is over-rated, it's just tiny little

rocks" smileys/smiley17.gif

indeed smileys/smiley4.gif

"Are you nuts?"

"It's been suggested"

smileys/smiley17.gif

ali*
10-17-2004, 02:17 PM
'i'm not a concept, I'm just a f**ked up girl looking for her own piece of mind, don't asign me yours' smileys/smiley32.gif

ali*
10-25-2004, 05:20 PM
i went to see it and its brilliant, but no damien, bellx1's alphabet soup is played during a pub scene and johnny cash's version of Hurt is also played, go see the film it's really movingsmileys/smiley1.gif

Alistair
10-25-2004, 05:33 PM
i went to see it last night heard bellx1, was a brilliant but very weepy film.