PDA

View Full Version : "She got a f**k, I got a song..."

jai mitchell
10-19-2004, 01:46 PM
At the show in Bangalow I was totally blown away...

Damien started telling the story behind a song... as he does... and as he went I was freaked out by how parallel it was to my only major break-up.

He said how when you are in a relationship, and she is going away for a long period of time, it makes the time leading up to that time really rocky. And you kind of make stupid deals like "We'll have some time apart... but don't like... sleep with anyone..." (at which point everyone laughed). "In case... you know.. when you come back we might want to continue..."

Then he says, "But she did, and you know, she got a f**k, and I got a song"...

Anyhow, that pretty much sums up my last relationship... even down to the song, but my song wasn't nearly as good as Damo's.

Thought I'd share in case people were interested. By the way, I think the song was 'Fool' looking at the lyrics page.. but I didn't know the song before-hand, so I could be confused...

Jai

pamela
10-19-2004, 02:09 PM
smileys/smiley32.gifi love hearing the stories !!

Krystian
10-19-2004, 03:35 PM
hmmm, always wondered what the motivation for that song was... smileys/smiley4.gif

Cali
10-19-2004, 03:53 PM
that's her lost smileys/smiley2.gifanyway i so love that songsmileys/smiley1.gif

Donsie B!
10-19-2004, 05:36 PM
ah storytellin damien!

LostCause
10-19-2004, 08:07 PM
Isnt that song originally french?? I thought he transelated it into english. We are talking about "What good would it do, you're the world and Im a fool" right??

The Pink Girly
10-19-2004, 09:17 PM
smileys/smiley19.gifwana hear it

mestonf
10-19-2004, 09:51 PM
its such a cool song!! It goes sooooo mad at the end! Its great almost like an orchestrated bit of Strauss! I love it! It also sounds very Edith Piath (sp?)

Tis cooL!

ali*
10-19-2004, 09:54 PM
(omg felix- edith piaf!! ihavent listened to her in aaages, u know how sometimes u just forget great things!thanks! *runs off to put on non je ne regrettrien (or however the heck its spellt)*

mestonf
10-19-2004, 10:07 PM
lol ali! You made me smile !!! (just feeling fairly tired,over worked and generally pissed off at the moment! But a smile is a good thing!</font>)

Now yeah here music really is frenchy! Its soo cool, i love the feel of that! It always reminds me of the film Titanic (cheesy i know, but ahh what the hell!) when Jack shows to Rose his sketches and explains one of this old lady in paris who sits in a bar all night drinking and smoking heavily with every amount of lavish jeawllery and clothes on

That kinda reminds me of Edith Piaf

#Ian#
10-20-2004, 03:41 PM
Piaf is great but has some dodgey politics by all accounts.

cille
10-20-2004, 07:46 PM
Piaf is great but has some dodgey politics by all accounts.

how so?

Hendrik
10-20-2004, 08:02 PM
Anyhow, that pretty much sums up my last relationship...

Huh? Sorry, I don't get that. smileys/smiley9.gif

#Ian#
10-21-2004, 03:44 PM
This is just gossip rumour and conjecture (so you know that it's good) but ...

Piaf, Edith. Drunk and drug addict. "A known fascist collaborator and supporter of the Nazi occupation forces during World War II. To what degree she was coerced into such actions is not known." "To be fair, Piaf claimed to be working for the Resistance while apparently collaborating."

LostCause
10-21-2004, 05:33 PM
smileys/smiley5.gifsmileys/smiley13.gif..