PDA

View Full Version : what is it?

indigoangel
10-28-2004, 10:13 AM
perhaps there have been posts like this before - but what is it about damien & his music that attracts you? or what is it that attracts you to any one musican or band?

mestonf
10-28-2004, 10:39 AM
how all the music has a meaning

Enoch
10-28-2004, 12:01 PM
The way it makes me feel, i.e the way musiceffects me emotionally, and the memories I associate with it.

Bumpman
10-28-2004, 01:37 PM
he's someone who makes good music, without having his life come to some untimely end.

Hannah650
10-28-2004, 01:39 PM
i can get lost in his music so so easily

Juzzza
10-28-2004, 01:45 PM
As a human being, I am drawn to music that seems to encapsulate how I feel or have felt, and damo certainly seems to be strumming my pain with his fingers, and singing my life with his song.

I also like trying to interprete lyrics, even if it is revealed that the songwriter had something different in mind.

As a musician, damo just writes great melodies and wonderful, simple guitar parts that I can't stop playing.

As a lover, I identify with his angst, bitterness and jealousy.

As a rebel,I identify with his ideals.

And then there is the part of me that likes to escape being human, a musician, a lover, a rebel and just lose myself into f*ckin great music... It's all there.

shane_b
10-28-2004, 04:15 PM
i got into damo cos it was somethin different, pleasent to the ear to hear somethin that does not sound the same (E.G. pop music), the way the song makes you feel and the whole album tells a huge story and just totally makes sense

Aime
10-28-2004, 06:41 PM
i honestly dont know what it is about damien.. before i discovered him i was like "yeah i like this band and this band" but i couldnt never really pick one band that i really liked... i dunno.. damien just spoke to me.. you can tell his songs are real and no matter what kind of mood i'm in tired/happy/sad/pissed off whatever damiens is the only music that i can listen to no matter what i feel like and how many people can say that about most bands! also lots of happy memories associaated with some of his songs...