PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Damien shows?

cprolsen
11-05-2004, 11:07 AM
Just curious what everyone's favorite shows are? I actually have two Oct 4 2003...does a fantastic medley at eh end of Cheers Darlin'/ When Doves Cry/ Glorybox. I was at this show and it was defiantely a fantastic show. It was fun watching him handle all the sound problems, that and the fact he was pounding wine during the encore...it was great. The other was 4/9/04 in Indianapolis. I was at that one as well, just nice to be able to have him come to Indiana. Can't wait for the next tour! Next tour around those of us who are going to the same show should meet up for some drinks! That would be a blast!

Cheers

Chris

cneill
11-05-2004, 07:49 PM
5/3/04 in NY...or is it 3/5/04? anyway it's very good, nice recording too. good version of I Remember and a nice cover of a Bjork song, solid performance

ZachC
11-05-2004, 08:01 PM
i only caught the show in indianapolis it was superb besides some stupid people whooping and stupid stuff....but i also caught his performance at bonarroo it was also amazing but he didnt have tomo there ... still awesome!!

mestonf
11-05-2004, 11:50 PM
God i have sooo many shows it would be hard to say, i love then all! Not a bad one!

LILY
11-06-2004, 09:39 AM
I loved the August 15th Paradiso Amsterdam one. He just was
very relaxed and told lovely funny stories.
I "discovered" him during a holiday in Ireland. Heared Volcano
once on the radio and remembered his name (thank god )
when I returned to Holland. Went searching on the internet and
Voila.When I went to the show I did not have the album yet and
only saw some pictures on the fansite. So when they came onto
the stage I was not sure who was who. Just blew me
away.....totally. August 15th is my birthday too so it was just a
perfect night !

rileyf
11-07-2004, 03:16 AM
BONNAROOOOOOOO!

FloggingJoe
11-07-2004, 03:52 AM
march 26, 2004. at the wiltern in los angeles. only one ive been to, but it was superb. super super super superb!

nightingale333
11-07-2004, 06:15 AM
march 26, 2004. at the wiltern in los angeles. only one ive been to, but it was superb. super super super superb!

Well, I'm glad someone liked my recording of that night lol...

FloggingJoe
11-07-2004, 06:23 AM
haha...i dont get it. what'd i miss? its probably something really simple anyways.

Spamlet
11-07-2004, 06:49 AM
The two times I've seen him couldn't have been better although completely opposite:

His rock show in Cleveland at the Odeon

and

His unplugged show in Pittsburgh on Easter Sunday.

Of the ones I've only heardrecordings ofI'd say: the first Paradiso gig (w/out the girls) and that KCRW broadcast where he playes Insane and Sand couldn't be more thrillingly perfect.

NeelanPavan
11-07-2004, 07:55 AM
when he played sheperds bush, londonthe second time. damo was rocking out on his guitar and messed up some of his guitar pedals, so the techs were trying to fix it and it was taking ages, so damo was just like fcuk it and just unplugged his guitar, walked right up to the front of the stage and played cannonball. everyone went dead silent (which is unusual for london!), was pretty magical. glad I was there.

nightingale333
11-07-2004, 06:40 PM
haha...i dont get it. what'd i miss? its probably something really simple anyways.

Oh, I see - I guess you don't trade shows then? Well, I did tape that night - if you want a copy PM me or something. I might start a torrent show for that show soonanyway ( since it hasn't been circulated much to my knowledge )

FloggingJoe
11-07-2004, 11:28 PM
awesome! thanks for the heads up. much appreciated.

kiddrinkingfire
11-08-2004, 09:53 AM
15th December 2003, Vicar Street, Dublin, i wasn't there..but have recording..he does 'Play Dead' and 'Glory Box' !!!!!!!!!

or the 20th May 2003, El Rey Theatre, Los Angeles show, where he gets drunk to sing 'I Remember ' smileys/smiley36.gif