PDA

View Full Version : Closer

ZachC
11-09-2004, 09:13 PM
Has anyone had the chance to listen to the song he wrote for the movie ??? It is called Closer i heard in the interview from australia...and plus alot of his music is heard in the movie i hear too so i cant wait to see the movie just for that reason Lol !!

Shazne
11-09-2004, 09:20 PM
Apparently its the same as Accidental Babies - fantastic! He played it on the piano in Sydney and it was bee-aute-full!smileys/smiley2.gif

You should do a search for it in the Forums, there was much talk about it around the time of the Oz gigs.

Cali
11-10-2004, 12:12 AM
the song is the blower's daughter check this thread http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5214& (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5214&KW=closer) amp;KW=closer

Shazne
11-10-2004, 02:17 AM
Blowers Daughter is in the trailer but i read somehwere here yesterday that Accidental Babies is the song he wrote for the film.

ZachC
11-10-2004, 06:02 PM
yeah blowers daughter is the opening and closing song of the movie but there was talk of one he wrote just for the movie

Krystian
11-11-2004, 01:07 AM
hmm never heard of a song by damo just FOR the movie... interesting

Suede
11-11-2004, 05:49 AM
In that Australian Undercover interview, he said he was writing a song for it and it was going to be Cold Water, I believe, but he didn't get it done in time. So he wrote another one and it's after the movie title, Closer.

Jgrg1984
11-11-2004, 06:28 AM
it was rumored that damo was approached to do the whole soundtrack, like badly drawn boy and about a boy for instance, but that fell through one way or another. anyway, the blowers daughter is a the "theme" for the movie so to speak. cold water is used throughout just as background music and such. the director approached him to write an original for the stripping scene and out came "closer", but he did not get it done in time. but he is a big fan of the song and from what everyone is saying that heard him perform it live, they agree

and i am winded after that one.

ZachC
11-11-2004, 02:55 PM
thanks alot for that much infor Jgrg just wanted to know there is such a song ... and i cant wait to hear it ... should be good!!

mestonf
11-11-2004, 06:26 PM
does anyone know the release dates for closer?

Suede
11-11-2004, 07:07 PM
My suggestion is to go to the main page and watch the Australian Undercover interview. It will tell you the story. Straight from Damien's mouth.

ZachC
11-11-2004, 07:16 PM
i believe the release date in the us is sometime early december

catcherjf
11-12-2004, 01:26 AM
do any of you older eskimos remember sometime ago when jude law was
seen at one of damiens shows in london? well i think that this
has something to do with him being in the movie. it knocks me off
my feet cause i remember.

its funny because i was folding laundry or something and in the
background i heard damiens voice and i swung around and see and movie
trailer with jude law. and it just kept running through my
head. so this is why......

cheers

maggieslover
11-12-2004, 02:41 AM
The song, Blower's Daughter is in the movie. There is also a bit of Cold Water from what I gathered from an interview I heard with Damien. He did write a song for the movie, but apparently he did not get it turned in in time to make it in the movie. The name of the song is called "Closer." He said he has played it a couple of times live, but that it will not be in the movie. Maybe it will pop up on a B-Sides at some point. That's just what I heard him say on this cd my aunt sent me from London. :)

maggieslover
11-12-2004, 02:45 AM
Apparently I just repeated thing that people already mentioned above. I guess that is a sign to read all the posts before I reply. haha. Sorry for being repetitive! smileys/smiley36.gif

SisterMidnight
11-12-2004, 03:43 AM
Have I been napping or has this never been discussed before? smileys/smiley5.gifI haven't been able to watch the interview because of my stupid sound card. Is it the same song as Accidental Babies? Is it actually called Closer? I like that title better if so... wish I could hear it... smileys/smiley9.gif

ZachC
11-12-2004, 02:38 PM
it has been here before sister... im just retarded and didnt search for it .... sorry !!!! smileys/smiley5.gif

SisterMidnight
11-13-2004, 04:26 AM
No seriously Zach... I've never heard this before, that he wrote a song specifically for the film. I finally got to listen to the interview on the desktop in the other room and I don't remember hearing that before. And I'm still not clear... is it the same song he played at the HMV gig or a totally new one? smileys/smiley5.gif(slap me for being stupid if you must but am I the only one this is news to? because it's news to me!)

Closer = Accidental Babies = ??? = never heard either of 'em! smileys/smiley19.gif

And it doesn't bother me when people start topics on stuff that's been covered before because sometimes the topic titles are better. I'd rather post in "Closer" than in "damo closer trailer" if ya know what I mean? smileys/smiley1.gif

hmm... maybe I'd better go read through the aussie gigs a little better to see what's up...

mestonf
11-13-2004, 09:10 AM
The song, Blower's Daughter is in the movie.* There is also a bit of Cold Water from what I gathered from an interview I heard with Damien.* He did write a song for the movie, but apparently he did not get it turned in in time to make it in the movie.* The name of the song is called "Closer."* He said he has played it a couple of times live, but that it will not be in the movie.* Maybe it will pop up on a B-Sides at some point.* That's just what I heard him say on this cd my aunt sent me from London.* :)

Yeah that was the brixton gig - 20th February

ZachC
11-13-2004, 04:14 PM
if you hear accidental babies its because he played it live and if you hear it on a recording better let me know where cause i cant find it anywhere ... but yes "closer"="accidental babies" so if you hear a song with either title ... then youve heard them both ...

Bumpman
11-13-2004, 04:20 PM
he did specifically ask that accidental babies not be traded on the internet, which i think is a fair enough request since he dosen't mind people to recording and trading his concerts...