PDA

View Full Version : Introduction to Damien Rice music

reclspeak
12-17-2002, 05:07 AM
I saw Damien a few weeks ago on the Jools Holland show broadcast in the UK.

I'd never heard of him before, and although some folk reckon he performed a nervous version of "The Blowers Daughter", I was completely taken in by it. I purchased a copy of "O" the next day and its been played almost constantly since.

I wouldbe hard pushed to think how I would have otherwise ever known of his music, had I not seen the show - with the exception of Al Stewart I rarely listen to acoustic guitar/vocalists.

Looking forward to seeing a gig in the North-West of England...

reclspeak
12-17-2002, 05:07 AM
I saw Damien a few weeks ago on the Jools Holland show broadcast in the UK.

I'd never heard of him before, and although some folk reckon he performed a nervous version of "The Blowers Daughter", I was completely taken in by it. I purchased a copy of "O" the next day and its been played almost constantly since.

I wouldbe hard pushed to think how I would have otherwise ever known of his music, had I not seen the show - with the exception of Al Stewart I rarely listen to acoustic guitar/vocalists.

Looking forward to seeing a gig in the North-West of England...

Gatsby
12-17-2002, 06:56 PM
Wow! that jools holland gig has really got him a wide fan base! the amount of people posting here and on the main website since is amazing!

Gatsby
12-17-2002, 06:56 PM
Wow! that jools holland gig has really got him a wide fan base! the amount of people posting here and on the main website since is amazing!