PDA

View Full Version : Old Damien fan / New user!!

byjl
11-16-2004, 11:03 AM
Hey guys,

I'm a new user to this site so a massive Hi to all you Damien fans out there!!!

I've been a massive fan of Damien for ages, since O was 1st released (hadn't heard of him, I enjoy buying C.D's that I've never heared of and seeing what its like!!!!)the music is just so beautiful and emotive!!!

It's good to read some of your old topics and see that there are loadsgenuine fans out there and not just people who "LOVE DAMIEN RICE SOOOOOO MUCH", then when you ask them what songs they like they go "OH YOU KNOW THAT CANNONBALL ONE THEY PLAY ON THE RADIO"!!!!!!!!

Anyway up until last weekend I had never had the op to see him and the band live.

I was one of the lucky people to get tickets to the St Lukes BBC gig and oh my God!!!!!!

Absolutely blew me away!!! Completely!!! If you think Damiens AND more so Lisa's voices sound good on the Album it doesn't prepare you at all for how they sound live!!!!! When Lisa starts singing its like going heaven man!!!!

The whole thing about that night was perfect from the setting (old church) to the stage (candles everywhere)!!!

Can't wait for it to be shown on TV!!!!

I would love to source some live C.D's from somewhere if anyone has any suggestions!!!!

Cheers people!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Patricia
11-16-2004, 11:07 AM
Welcome in the igloo! smileys/smiley4.gif

byjl
11-16-2004, 11:11 AM
Ha, ha, ha!!!

Thanks!!! Like I said it's nice to see dedicated fans!!!

cille
11-16-2004, 02:53 PM
welcome, byjl!smileys/smiley4.giflove your screen name. or rather: i love to think of how to pronounce it!smileys/smiley36.giftis funny. and i'm nuts, so please dont be offended, it's really just me...smileys/smiley29.gif

Jgrg1984
11-16-2004, 03:18 PM
greetings friend

byjl
11-16-2004, 04:11 PM
Hey you 2!smileys/smiley17.gif

CilleCille - Its just something I use that I remember easilysmileys/smiley2.gif

These days you need a username & password for 50 different web sites so it gets a bit confusingsmileys/smiley5.gif!!!!

ZachC
11-16-2004, 04:13 PM
cheers

concetta
11-16-2004, 04:19 PM
ciao!!!

mestonf
11-16-2004, 05:24 PM
welcome! Nice to see you were there last saturday. I was there,feckin good night and thats exactly right what you said about lisa's voice? Whereabouts were you sitting

True fans we certainly are and always will be

Thank you and Welcome!

indigoangel
11-16-2004, 05:27 PM
welcome byjl, nice to have another person to add to our collective damien appreciation smileys/smiley4.gif

byjl
11-16-2004, 08:08 PM
I was sitting on the balcony pretty much dead centre.
It was a good view.
At the start I was gutted I wasn't sitting at one of the
tables on the floor but then I had a perfect view
anyway!!!!
smileys/smiley17.gif
It was the best gig I've been to!!
Damien mentioned that the crowd was quiet but then
thats how it should be for that type of gig.
Both me and my partner were on such a high after
we came out!!! smileys/smiley5.gif
I was in a daze!!!!!

mestonf
11-16-2004, 08:11 PM
cool, i remember just being speechless afterwards and wasn't quite sure what to say to my friend. I left very quietly, not commenting on the gig as i was sooooo blown away.

cneill
11-17-2004, 03:27 AM
welcome, come on in, stay a whilesmileys/smiley1.gif

Diarmo
11-17-2004, 07:23 PM
WElcome

Donsie B!
11-19-2004, 06:37 PM
welocme (at lastsmileys/smiley2.gif)