PDA

View Full Version : Here’s my story!-its long but worth it!

Sinead
11-17-2004, 06:10 PM
Okay, I've been a bit busy since i came back from London and haven't been online but heres my story!!

As you know i went to London to see Damien and crew at St. Lukes! Well me ,my mate,Caimin and myDad went to the Street it was on about 1o' clock just to see where it was! We couldn't find it any where but i saw a man sitting on a park bench outside a church! I was walking up to ask him to ask himif this was where Damien was playing and guess who it was.......!!! (Damien)

Caiminmarched up to him and asked him if he was playing there and he saidyeah! We were talking to him for a whileand he told us to go round the back to tell Arianna we were there! So as we were walking around Lisa walked up to us and i was just standing there gobsmacked and she started laughing at me !smileys/smiley9.gif

I asked her if she was looking for Damien and when she said yeah i told her he was around the front ona park bench and she smiled and said thank you and walked off!!

Any way me ,my dad and my friend went to the pub for a few hours!(wen we were leaving the church grounds i started crying!!http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/smileys/smiley9.gif)And when we came back at 5 we waited around for a while outside and then Vyvienne ,Lisa, Tomo and Shane walked by! There was a good few people there so they didn't really stop and talk to anyone! A few minutes later Damien walked by and my friend said to him" We're back " and he looked around and said "Oh hi, We're just all going for a bite to eat! We'll see you later,yeah! " And he smiled at me!!!smileys/smiley36.gifand walked off!

Anyways we got in and sat down (to the immediate left of the stage, right beside Vyvienne ). While we were waiting dor them to come on stage Vyvienne appeared behind a screen and started quietly practising the cello!

Me and my friend walked over and were talking to her for ages!(She is the nicest person ever!!) My friend asked her to play Purple Haze on stage later but she said she wouldn't be able to because there was a setlist and they wouldn't have time so she said"sure,i'll do it for you now!" And she played-just the two of us, purple haze and sang along!! (we sang it with her!!) We went and sat down and they came on stage and played an excellent concert!!

After most songs my friend shouted"Go On Vyvienne!" and every time she looked around at us and smiled!!! We couldn't hang around after because we had to get the tube ! But it was the best day of my life!!

I'm sorry it's so long ...i tried to condense it but that's what i was left with!! I'm so happy!!!smileys/smiley4.gif

coreybyrnes
11-17-2004, 06:14 PM
that's an awesome story... thanks for sharingsmileys/smiley17.gif

Sinead
11-17-2004, 06:17 PM
It's okay! From about ten minutes after i met him(after i stopped shaking and whimpering!!!smileys/smiley9.gifi was trying to figure out what i was going to say here!!!!

Angela
11-17-2004, 06:40 PM
Oh, that's awesome smileys/smiley17.gifHow specialthat Vyv played for you, you lucky girl smileys/smiley4.gifsmileys/smiley4.gif

Daniel
11-17-2004, 07:03 PM
wow. well worth the trip. smileys/smiley32.gif

mari
11-17-2004, 07:38 PM
Sinead, at least you had the brains to co-ordinate your mouth and vocal chords andtalk to Damien, I on the other hand, saw him andlostmy powers of communication completelysmileys/smiley9.gif. (btw, I must have been sitting quite near you, second row on the left hand side of the stage).

Libby
11-17-2004, 07:40 PM
That is such a cool story Sinead! *wow!!*

I bet you thought you had been dreaming when you woke up the next morning! smileys/smiley4.gif

*Killian*
11-17-2004, 07:43 PM
aww....i wish i was u...smileys/smiley2.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

cille
11-17-2004, 08:02 PM
what a lovely story, sinead, good on you! smileys/smiley4.gif

Sinead
11-17-2004, 08:44 PM
I know !! I'm so happy!! He asked me what the story was with seating and i tried to explain that they overbooked it but i couldn't form a sentence!! He just started laughing at me!! smileys/smiley9.gifIt was sucha great day! Vyvienne is the nicest lady ever!! I was so amazed at how down to earth she was!!He had his phone in his hand and i wanted to grab it and run away!! He was smoking a joint too!!! (or a rolly ,but i don't think it was!!) smileys/smiley17.gif

ali*
11-17-2004, 10:10 PM
sinead that's one of the coolest stories!! aprivate song from vyv?! rocking!! patricia will be so jealous smileys/smiley36.gifwow, i don't think i'd have been able to talk to them.....at least not without looking like a very big muppet, go you!

Jgrg1984
11-17-2004, 11:06 PM
that is so awesome. im jeleous, but im really happy for you thats great

jenn fox
11-18-2004, 02:17 AM
Why Why Why do I have to live in the states? Woe is me!
That's a great story Sinead...sure to spark envy in every eskimo heart
but we really are happy for you!smileys/smiley9.gif

Jgrg1984
11-18-2004, 02:18 AM
Why Why Why do I have to live in the states? Woe is me! That's a great story Sinead...sure to spark envy in every eskimo heart but we really are happy for you!smileys/smiley9.gif

i agree. i wish i could just go and see damo on a bench. one day i will meet him and we will perform on stage together...

jenn fox
11-18-2004, 02:19 AM
Everyone seems to meet him so easily...I have been to four shows and I
cannot get near the boy...one day I will meet him and we will fall in
love.smileys/smiley9.gif

Jgrg1984
11-18-2004, 02:21 AM
everyone has these casual stories: "ohh yea i was walking talking with an old friend and i stepped on someones shoe and i look up and to my disbelief its damo"....stories like that

...why not me. smileys/smiley36.gif

jenn fox
11-18-2004, 02:23 AM
I'm going to Ireland and I am going to take full advantage of the
friendly eskimo lodging system. Who will have me first...anyone?

Jgrg1984
11-18-2004, 02:26 AM
smileys/smiley36.gifsplendid idea. im waiting til i graduate school.

jenn fox
11-18-2004, 02:27 AM
I'm all done with school...no more obligations, time to get my arse to Ireland.

Jgrg1984
11-18-2004, 02:31 AM
go, go, go

jenn fox
11-18-2004, 02:33 AM
I really am...hopefully within a year. That's a little personal goal of mine.

Jgrg1984
11-18-2004, 03:01 AM
i wish the best to you. take any opportunity you get to go, you will not regret it.

Daniel
11-18-2004, 08:16 AM
any trouble with being on the guestlist? did everyone get in?
the e-mail I got back from them said that it wasnt a guarentee that I'd get in, so I said don't bother.

mestonf
11-18-2004, 10:09 AM
WOW thats pretty cool! Were you the people who were sitting directly left of the stage? Was your friend male? Are you irish? Sorry for all the questions but i was there and i think i know who you are , i stood next to you in the queue to go up to the hall. Did you walk in with loads of beers? I'm sure thats you??? How cool id that if you are!!!!!!!

It was a great gig, check out the reviews in the BBC gig page

mari
11-18-2004, 02:19 PM
any trouble with being on the guestlist? did everyone get in?
the e-mail I got back from them said that it wasnt a guarentee that I'd get in, so I said don't bother.

Dan, before the show I was talking to the couple sitting at our table and they said that they had been told by a BBC employee, that although the show was overbooked they hadn't turned anybody away whose name was on the guest list, which I thought was really nice, some people had travelled a long way to be there,I must admit it was a fear of mine too, which is why I arrived very early. Also, thanks again for the link you gave to the LSO sight,I used that link to print off a map and direcctions, it turned out to be very useful.

Daniel
11-18-2004, 02:21 PM
smileys/smiley19.gif so I could have got in? feck it. smileys/smiley5.gif
glad to be of service. as in me, I mean the net.

Sinead
11-18-2004, 02:39 PM
yeah menstof that was me!!smileys/smiley9.gifWho were you!!!! ??

mestonf
11-18-2004, 02:45 PM
I was wearing a Damien Rice T-Shirt, blue trousers and a khaki/brown sort of jacket Sitting to the right hand side of the stage. Yeah i thought that you were some sort of family to the band on where you were sitting, how did you get on the guestlist, did you simply just e-mail the BBC?

I also remember you being extremely pretty and good looking!! Thats why my eyes were always in your direction! smileys/smiley9.gif

ZachC
11-18-2004, 03:23 PM
aww how cute ... i remember my concert

Sinead
11-18-2004, 09:13 PM
smileys/smiley9.gifDont embarrass me! Yeah i just emailed Arianna! She's so lovely!!! i think i may hav seen you in the bar! maybe not!!?smileys/smiley5.gifDid u see my crazy haired drunken friend!!!?

we just walked into the place and all the front row seats were taken but i noticed 2 spare seats at that table and we just pulled over another chair! they were amazing seats!!http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif

mestonf
11-18-2004, 09:39 PM
yeah i remember seeing you in the bar

i remember your friend getting up loads of times with loads and loads of bottles of beer
seems like you had a good time!

Sinead
11-18-2004, 09:55 PM
Yeah! IT was brilliant! best day in the world!! YEah he's such a lil alcho!!! he's great though!!smileys/smiley36.gifDid you hear him shouting at Vyv at the end of EVERY song?!!!She kept turning around and laughing at us!!!smileys/smiley4.gif

Do you reemember wen lisa stopped in i remember? My dad shouted " Give up the fags " and she gave him the dirtiest look ever!!smileys/smiley5.gif

mestonf
11-18-2004, 09:59 PM
yeah i remember that
thats why i thought you were related to the band in some way because the rest of the audience was soo quiet!

So did you fly over from ireland just for the gig?

cille
11-18-2004, 09:59 PM
awww, one of the times you feel like kicking one's old man over the leg, eh?smileys/smiley9.gif

FloggingJoe
11-18-2004, 10:01 PM
wow. thats cool. yeah, im not jealous or anything so dont worry about me.smileys/smiley19.gif

i cant feckin wait until damo comes over to the us of a so i can have a hella cool story like you. DAMN! have.... to ....control ....my....ragesmileys/smiley7.gif!

oh well, so it goes.

Sinead
11-18-2004, 10:05 PM
You all make me smile!!! smileys/smiley4.gifYeah! i did go over specially for the gig! but we got the ferry to Wales and drove down to LOndon! Its should have taken 6 hours drive but a truck overturned on the M1 and it took us 12 hours!smileys/smiley19.gif!! we deserved to meet him after that!! smileys/smiley36.gif

mestonf
11-18-2004, 10:07 PM
god thats quite a trip, i'm glad it was worth it though!!

Sinead
11-18-2004, 10:07 PM
and cille..yeah i coulda killed him!! Just after they got on stage before they started performing Lisa lokked over at me and my mate and smiled at us then looked away!

There were no more smiles after that comment!!

Sinead
11-18-2004, 10:08 PM
it was worth every bit of it!!