PDA

View Full Version : damien rice & tori amos?

tomv103
01-11-2005, 10:52 PM
anyone know what the deal is with damien supposedly appearing on the forthcoming tori amos album?

cille
01-11-2005, 10:53 PM
it's true

cille
01-11-2005, 10:53 PM
(check her homepage)

Lemonhead
01-11-2005, 10:54 PM
yeah, it's written on the news page. just scroll down there and you'll find more details.

tomv103
01-12-2005, 12:50 AM
cool...thanks!

Suede
01-12-2005, 06:31 AM
Damien's being featured on a song called The Power of Orange Knickers. According to mollyknight.com, it's much like Trent Reznor's appearance onPast the Mission off of Under the Pink, whereas he doesn't sing a single line without her. I'm still incredibly excited about it. The simple fact that she chose Damien to lend his vocals is bliss for me. If you're not a Tori fan, however, I'm not so sure that you'll much enjoy the song. That's only from what I read in Molly's review though. I haven't actually heard the song myself. Regardles...it should be checked out. Because we all know that true fans would do such a thing. I watched Mona Lisa Smile because Tori appeared as a singer for a short period of time.

coreybyrnes
01-13-2005, 02:15 PM
...According to mollyknight.com...

molly's a hottie.

...I watched Mona Lisa Smile because Tori appeared as a singer for a short period of time...

i was watching that movie and all of a sudden... there's tori! it was so surprising and strange to see her in a movie... she was decked out to fit the time era... i bet she loved getting dolled up in that stuff... yea i had no idea she was in that movie...

Suede
01-14-2005, 07:21 AM
i was watching that movie and all of a sudden... there's tori! it was so surprising and strange to see her in a movie... she was decked out to fit the time era... i bet she loved getting dolled up in that stuff... yea i had no idea she was in that movie...

lol. I guess that would be pretty surprising to see Tori in a film if you didn't know about it. Seeing as how she is mainstream and all that jazz. But yeah...she did that around the time that Tales of a Librarian was being made. Maybe she got the inspiration for TOAL from Mona Lisa Smile. lol. I have no idea.

bumblebee
01-14-2005, 05:20 PM
I'm very excited about this new Tori album coming out, and as both a Tori fan and a Damien fan I'm eagerly awaiting Feb 22 so I can hear this song.

If anyone is interested, here are the partial lyrics (unofficial but from a very reputable Tori fansite)

The Power of the Orange Knickers
(Incomplete)

The power of orange knickers under my petty coat.
The power of listening to what, you don't want me to know.
Can somebody tell me now, who is this terrorist?
Those girls that smile kindly, then rip your life to pieces.
Can somebody tell me now, am I alone in this --
this little pill in my hand and with this secret kiss.
Am I alone in this?

Source (http://www.yessaid.com/toriamos.html)</font>

Cheers,
~Mary smileys/smiley1.gif

Edited by: bumblebee