PDA

View Full Version : Chat Thing

Juzzza
01-25-2005, 11:39 AM
hey Emmett,

Any value in putting a 'chat' link up with the others under the logo?

I didn't even know the place existed.

administrator
01-25-2005, 02:31 PM
i'm reluctant to because anybody can go in under any name... i'm just afraid that people will pretend to be me or other people...

would people like me to add a link? i'll do it if most people say yes.

Uno- X
01-25-2005, 02:31 PM
no.

cille
01-25-2005, 02:35 PM
no, it's ok to be for 'insiders'. i promise i won't impersonate anybody, thoughsmileys/smiley17.gif

mari
01-25-2005, 05:16 PM
hey Emmett,

Any value in putting a 'chat' link up with the others under the logo?

Sounds like a good idea in theory, but I agree with Una and Cille, I think it's better to keep it as it is.

SisterMidnight
01-26-2005, 03:14 AM
Well if it's there I don't know why there shouldn't bea link to it. Is it a secret?

And what insiders... this is the internet... anyone (registered forum member or not) can read this or any of the other posts about it (or anything else we write) and go in there... we're pretty much out in the open here ppl...

Aren't most chat rooms tied into member log in anyway? The MSN Damien Rice group chatroom is. Isn't there a way to do that?

I don't see using it much myself but why evenhave it if those issues bother people? There's really nothing to stop someone from registering with different screen names and assuming different identities as it is, though impersonating someone fairly well known on the forum would be hard. Your personality tends to come out I think. But just because someone signs up with a screen name doesn't make them trustworthy oran 'insider' imo... whatever that is...

I guess in my mind it comes down to why have it if you really don't want people using it?