PDA

View Full Version : Where can song-writers send their songs?

eskimo_friendly
01-19-2003, 05:41 PM
I've got a load of songs written and I want to get them recognised by a record company - for what, I'm not too sure.

Can anyone tell me how you go about doing this?

Where do you send the songs you've written? etc..... ?

Any help greatly appreciated.

jewel
01-20-2003, 02:55 PM
how about doing some gigs (open mics etc.) and gettin an audience BEFORE trying to get a record contract??! or if you're not a performer yourself, maybe you have friends in bands that might use your songs? juuust an idea.

bennyhuggel
01-21-2003, 05:45 AM
what the hell!

I mean you can`t just write some songs and think "oh i've wrote some songs now the major labels will sign me and I'll get anass full of money. This is a f**kin' cruel buissnes, I mean don't be stupid, things are never like the way they are shown in TV. The Industrie doesn't care about you and about you're song till you have a name (so hit the little bars). And when you have a name they will make it sound like their name. If you care about your songs just play them and you'll get somewhere. Look how damo has managed it he's self-releasing his Album, so no-one can tell you what to do.

Pretty sucking what the industrie has done to the most talented men.

(Jeff Buckley, Nick Drake, Tim Buckley, Kurt Cobain, Mark Kozelek (Red House Painters), Keith Caputo, etc.) and also small bands (My Friend Steve, Prayer Boat, Black Lab, etc.) all fooled by the big companies.