PDA

View Full Version : Unplayed Piano

administrator
05-24-2005, 11:40 AM
You can now hear Unplayed Piano by listening again to monday's Ken Bruce Show on BBC Radio 2 from here (http://db.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/bruce/)

It's played about 43 minutes into the programme.

I'll try to work out the lyrics and add them to the lyrics page.

I really like the song after just one listen, I think Lisa sounds great on it especially.

Let me know what you think of it!

rileyf
05-24-2005, 12:08 PM
yay yay yay! is there no way to fastforward through the rest of the show?

administrator
05-24-2005, 12:13 PM
yeah, you can click on the button that skips 5 minutes, or the one that skips 15 minutes.

rileyf
05-24-2005, 01:00 PM
i never found the FF buttons! but im 3 minutes away!!! i cant wait!

Edited to say that i lost the stream at amlost exactly 43 minutes :(! ill try aagin later

Banjaxed
05-24-2005, 01:29 PM
I like it, it's good... it's really not a typical damien rice song tho. Not ready to vote on it yet tho, cause i feel like it's better than ok, but i'm not sure that it's "great".

lisa sounds excellent, great to hear her in a more forward role.

dramaking
05-24-2005, 01:32 PM
unfortunately i can't listen to it. what kind of song is it?

Beevers_uk
05-24-2005, 05:19 PM
WOOHOO!! Im listenin to the show now, cant wait!!! WOOHOO!!!

Beevers_uk
05-24-2005, 05:24 PM
I love it, its so refreshing that his talent is still here. Lisa is amazin on it, like emmet Shes sounds great!!

Its lovely!! Does any one know waht will be realsed on the single with it, will it be new material or live old material??

Gatsby
05-24-2005, 05:28 PM
i dont think he will have any new songs on it with this single... its purely for the Free Aung San Suu Kyi 60th Birthday Campaign...
its a beautiful song and the piano is very evident in the song... not a typical damien rice song and its good to see his variety in music and songwriting

evanj
05-24-2005, 07:56 PM
i thought this song was excellent...and that lisa's voice is very beautiful

Bumpman
05-24-2005, 08:12 PM
It's so nice to hear something new, I love it.

Wheels
05-24-2005, 08:34 PM
I voted I love it... mostly because of Lisa... :smiley2:

Beevers_uk
05-24-2005, 08:39 PM
I voted I love it... mostly because of Lisa... :smiley2:
lol!! I agree with ya there! :smiley20:

steveboswell
05-24-2005, 08:49 PM
Fantastic. It reminds me a little bit of Cold Water -- no doubt because of Lisa's part! -- but it's not too similar in style to any of the songs from "O". Let's hope it raises loads of cash for the Burma campaign.

Bozz

walker
05-24-2005, 08:51 PM
I think it is so beautiful. Finally something new! Lisa is definately fabulous in it but what is new?

Xanthe
05-24-2005, 08:52 PM
Yay! I love it! It's nice to hear something more piano-orientated, considering O is a lot more guitar led...although I guess with the title it was kinda inevitable!:smiley36:

Less impressed at having to sit through Tina Turner to get to it, though...:smiley22:

SilentNight
05-25-2005, 01:03 AM
it's beautiful, i love it!:)

SisterMidnight
05-25-2005, 01:42 AM
i love it... it is a beautiful song and also because it was written and recorded not only for a good cause but for an individual person who has been treated so unjustly... it made me feel a little emotional... i wonder if aung san suu kyi will even get to hear the song that was written for her... i hope so

i respect damien and the band so much when they do things like this...

and hey maybe it will get him in the recording mood again! :)

auhsor
05-25-2005, 03:26 AM
I liked it, but I shall have to listen to it again I think to get a feel for it.

Also, I recorded the song and have it as an mp3. Is it ok Emmett to post it here?

Tribal_Drummer
05-25-2005, 06:39 AM
and hey maybe it will get him in the recording mood again! :)

a friend just got this email from damo's people...

Hi there

Thanks for your email!

I’m sorry to say that there are no further tours planned for the next few months, outside of the two Burma charity gigs listed on the website,
as Damien and the band are taking some time off to record the next album.

Keep an eye on the website as new gigs get posted there first.

Kind regards

Gemma

WOOOOOOOOO! :)

shane_b
05-25-2005, 07:06 AM
i didn't like lisa on the chorus it sounds weird

kel :)
05-25-2005, 11:03 AM
ahh!! i dont know where to go once i go to that webpage!! im useless, someone help....:smiley13:

Michelle Joey
05-25-2005, 11:04 AM
Aw I don't have Realplayer and don't have the right to install it on this computer Damn, I can't listen to it :smiley19:

afcbradley
05-25-2005, 11:45 AM
so how and when can we buy this new single

Niko
05-25-2005, 01:01 PM
Welcome, afcbradley! Good to see someone else from the Bournemouth/Poole area :D The single is out June 20th, available at all good record stores, blah blah, etc and so forth. I still haven't heard it...grr...this computer doesn't seem to like the Radio 2 website popups :(

cille
05-25-2005, 01:49 PM
can anybody dl the streaming song and put it up on ie yousendit.com ? my puter is too slow for streaming audio :(

auhsor
05-25-2005, 03:36 PM
I can post it... I'm just uploading it now. If I'm not allowed to post it here then can someone tell me and I will remove the link.

[sorry, i had to remove this link... emmett]

(http://s18.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=25KH181SV86VN0D1U6GLIBSM4H)

Miss Pink
05-25-2005, 03:59 PM
its different, im undecided on it

administrator
05-25-2005, 04:15 PM
I liked it, but I shall have to listen to it again I think to get a feel for it.

Also, I recorded the song and have it as an mp3. Is it ok Emmett to post it here?

sorry, we can't link to it here.

administrator
05-25-2005, 04:19 PM
i'm glad most people so far seem to like it. i love it. i'm having problems transcribing some of the lyrics though. can you help me out?

Come and see me
Sing me to sleep
Come and free me
Hold me if i need to weep
Maybe it's not the season
Maybe it's not the year
Maybe there's no good reason
Why i'm locked up inside
Just cause they wanna hide me
The moon goes bright
The darker they make my night

Unplayed pianos
Are often by a window
In a room where nobody [?] else goes
She sits alone with her silent song
Somebody bring her home

Unplayed piano
Still holds a tune
Lock on the lid[?]
In a stale, stale room
Maybe it's not that easy
Or maybe it's not that hard
Maybe they could release me
Let the people decide
I've got nothing to hide
I've done nothing wrong
So why have i been here so long?

Unplayed pianos
Are often by a window
In a room where nobody [?] goes
Somebody bring her home

Unplayed pianos
Are often by a window
She sits alone with her silent songs
Somebody bring her home

Unplayed piano
Still holds a tune
Years pass by
In the changing of the moon

mestonf
05-25-2005, 06:28 PM
ok....i'm listening to the radio program now....the suspense is killing me

will give my verdict in a few mins or so

mestonf
05-25-2005, 06:35 PM
mmmmm.........yeah i like this! What a great song....though i think it would suit damo sounding more acoustic.
hardly any of the songs on O have drums throughout them
If all the songs sound more like this then it seems that his 'organic' sound is drifting
though despite this, a frikken good song from damo!!!!!!! Very nice!"

Aisling
05-25-2005, 07:26 PM
when i first heard it, i thought 'what the duck is that???' but now i really like it. for some reason it reminds me of little girls....
maybe i shouldnt like it so much

Gazel
05-25-2005, 07:31 PM
Sounds pretty good, is Lisa playing the piano on it?

Beevers_uk
05-25-2005, 07:47 PM
i love the songs, but the lyrics make me sad and kinda angry at the situation of it. I feel really sorry for the lady, and Damien and Lisa are excellent at gettin you to fel this. This is an amazing song, and deseres to be noticed for its powerfulness and its honesty!!

05-25-2005, 08:13 PM
im terrible. i never listen to the lyrics first, i always notice the instruments and tone of voice first!hmmmm, it is not typical damo stuff, more fit for the radio....if u know what i mean.....and lisa gets more voice in it, which is a good thing, but i dunno, its something thatll need a couple of listens...

rileyf
05-25-2005, 09:07 PM
i think that it would be a lot better if it were slowed down quite a bit.... its okay

05-25-2005, 09:25 PM
listened to it more...its growing on me.....

glo32
05-25-2005, 10:06 PM
i think it's ok... not a typical damien rice song, i don't love it yet...

Krystian
05-25-2005, 10:46 PM
Come and see me
Sing me to sleep
Come and free me
Hold me if i need to weep
Maybe it's not the season
Maybe it's not the year
Maybe there's no good reason
Why i'm locked up inside
Just cause they wanna hide me
The moon goes bright
The darker they make my night

Unplayed pianos
Are often by a window
In a room where nobody [?] else goes
Somebody bring her home

Unplayed piano
Still holds a tune
Lock on the lid[?] (years years have passed by)
In a stale, stale room
Maybe it's not that easy
Or maybe it's not that hard
Maybe they could release me
Let the people decide
I've got nothing to hide
I've done nothing wrong
So why have i been here so long?

Unplayed pianos
Are often by a window
Somebody bring her home

Unplayed pianos
Are often by a window
She sits alone with her silent songs
Somebody bring her home

Unplayed piano
Still holds a tune
Years pass by
In the changing of the moon

Em I think you are right about the nobody else goes part, it's tricky cause Lisa accents the el in else. I added a line :OP

hollowrose
05-26-2005, 12:40 AM
I can post it... I'm just uploading it now. If I'm not allowed to post it here then can someone tell me and I will remove the link.

[sorry, i had to remove this link... emmett]

(http://s18.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=25KH181SV86VN0D1U6GLIBSM4H)

could you pm the song or could you send it to me by email or msn/aim?
or is that breaking the rules too?

real player annoys my tits
its taking me all ****ing day to download real player 7

Krystian
05-26-2005, 01:05 AM
could you pm the song or could you send it to me by email or msn/aim?
or is that breaking the rules too?

real player annoys my tits
its taking me all ****ing day to download real player 7

I have it. I PMd you. Just let me know if you want a copy.
tres_chicadi@yahoo

cartman
05-26-2005, 01:06 PM
its good song, lyrics arnt up to his normal standard i thought...

any1 tabbed it yet?

rosey
05-26-2005, 07:52 PM
hmmmmmm?

Vienna
05-26-2005, 08:01 PM
i listened to it once really quickly in a pretty bad mood....i didn't really have the right to download real player either Miek but i did it anyway! it was alright i think, need to listen to it more wasn't blown away but it was nice, kinda indifferent about it at the mo i guess, nice to hear some new stuff though.

Welcome, afcbradley! Good to see someone else from the Bournemouth/Poole area :D The single is out June 20th, available at all good record stores, blah blah, etc and so forth. I still haven't heard it...grr...this computer doesn't seem to like the Radio 2 website popups :(

Dude i'm from Portland (yeh probably shouldn't admit that but hey!) not too far away, didn't realise there were other dorset eskimos! :smiley1:

05-26-2005, 08:48 PM
i finally love it and am humming it everywhere!!

HugeAmericanFan
05-26-2005, 10:17 PM
i finally love it and am humming it everywhere!!I completely AGREE! The first time I heard it I fell in love! I just love hearing something different by the two...I find it absolutly beautiful! I also love it because it is so different that..it is just so nice to hear something new!! Great job D.R and Lisa!!

Niko
05-27-2005, 12:48 PM
Dude i'm from Portland (yeh probably shouldn't admit that but hey!) not too far away, didn't realise there were other dorset eskimos! :smiley1:

I guess for a while there weren't - I'm relatively new, after all. But I come with the added bonus of a Xanthe, so there must be a select handful of us by now, what with you, me, Xanthe, afcbradly and Trifecta. The good word must be spreading! :D

dana
05-27-2005, 02:22 PM
Em I think you are right about the nobody else goes part, it's tricky cause Lisa accents the el in else.

It sounds to me like nobody loved, could be wrong though...

Lock on the lid sounds right anyway :)

edit: I'm so in love with this song. Been listening to it over and over again for the past hour while reading about Aung San Suu Kyi and the Burma campaign. Feeling so emotional and so helpless :( There's an email you can send to Kofi Annan here anyway: http://www.burmacampaign.org.uk/un.html
It only takes a second...

frozeneye
05-27-2005, 06:44 PM
I can't get real player to work; could someone please send it to
DFord3@wi.rr.com

Thanks,

I can't wait to hear new stuff.

cille
05-29-2005, 08:21 AM
^just emailed you, frozeneye

heard it about 4-5 times when i just got it and haven't felt like listening to it since. it's ok, but so far no fave tune of mine.

Sinead
05-30-2005, 01:32 PM
For some reason whenever i try listen to mondays show 43 mins in it is some weird music that sounds like abba ! !HELP!!!

Sinead
05-30-2005, 01:57 PM
okay i got it an hour into tuesdays one! OH MY GOD!!! I absloutley love it! I should be studying but no,this so gooD!!!! Such a sing-along-song!! Tears nearly escaped the first time i heard it! NEW STUFF!!!! WOO!!!

Vienna
05-30-2005, 02:43 PM
I guess for a while there weren't - I'm relatively new, after all. But I come with the added bonus of a Xanthe, so there must be a select handful of us by now, what with you, me, Xanthe, afcbradly and Trifecta. The good word must be spreading! :D

haha 'i come with the added bonus of a Xanthe' that's funny! yeh i realised you were quite new, nice to have a few more around though...so afcbradley and Trifecta too eh? maybe we should make a Dorset Eskimo Clan.....or maybe not :)

Spamlet
06-01-2005, 10:25 AM
What a beautiful, heartfelt song! Damo shows again how extraordinary his range is. I can't stop singing it. :smiley20:

mama-sherry
06-08-2005, 02:45 AM
could someone please send me the song? sherryinc @ aol.com i would greatly appreciate it!!
~thank you!

auhsor
06-08-2005, 03:58 AM
Read your PM's mama ;)

Also, you can watch the video, and listen to the song streamed here: http://www.actionburma.com/

Wheels
06-08-2005, 09:27 AM
I'm glad I voted 'I love it' now... having watched the video I understand the power of it more.

Gatsby
06-08-2005, 04:59 PM
i love it... i just think the chorus could be a bit better but its so heartfelt and good to see they can produce the magic created on O still

niallo
06-09-2005, 12:02 AM
i think its one of the most beautiful songs he has ever penned..to relate an unplayed piano to such a brave woman..genius..they play it here on radio and it blows me away...i think there are a lot of unplayed pianos on this site

gregamiepgy
06-09-2005, 08:37 AM
just heard the 1:28 minute clip from actionburma love it!! that's just a snippet right? i wish i could get the full version

Sinead
06-09-2005, 09:58 AM
watch the video,the song is played fully in the backround!!

steveboswell
06-09-2005, 10:20 AM
My favourite part has to be the part where Lisa takes over the vocals...

"OOOOOOOuuuuuuuuuuuUUUn-played Piaaaaaano..."

Fantastic.

Bozz

Hannah650
06-09-2005, 01:52 PM
I really like it - only heard it a few times but its lovely. A sort of sing along kinda chorus (not sure if that good or not), but the pair sound fantastic methinks. Hopefully it will do well:smiley20:

keevafarren
06-12-2005, 02:20 PM
can someone please send me it??? please? lol i love it and i jis cant get it anywhere properly.
ill love you forever

eoin hally
06-12-2005, 04:43 PM
it's a really beautiful song and theres a really fresh sound off it

gregamiepgy
06-13-2005, 05:34 AM
watch the video,the song is played fully in the backround!!

no quicktime on my computer :(

dandylittledreamer
06-13-2005, 08:59 AM
i love it!
its different then all of his other songs i think, and i think lisa sounds so good in it, i love when damien sings with her in the last chorus!

muskoxen
06-18-2005, 06:38 AM
It's so nice to hear something new, I love it.
I agree completely. i want him to simply do a show so that someome with some talent with computers as well as recording devices lands us a bit of a song or something. i can't wait for the show he's gonna do for her. oooh. how i love his voice.mmmmmm. :smiley14:

muskoxen
06-18-2005, 06:46 AM
its different, im undecided on it
how the bloody h*** could you be undecided on it? crazy, crazy people. you people are not real fans. real fans fall in love with anything that happens to pop out of his mouth. this didn't just pop, unlike eskimo or Amie. this was thought out, and took a bit of time. that's why it's "different". gah.

SilentNight
06-18-2005, 01:55 PM
i love it!
its different then all of his other songs i think, and i think lisa sounds so good in it, i love when damien sings with her in the last chorus!

it sounds the whole band was singing with her for that last chorus..

Beccaboo
06-30-2005, 12:27 PM
I heard it for the firsttime last night and it was good. im listening to this bloody ken persons radio show but damein still hasn't sung!! I need to download it but i cant from the mp3 section as the page won't work.

if anyone has the song cud you please send it to my hotmail? lala66lala@hotmail.com

:smiley33:

cindy8219
06-30-2005, 09:18 PM
I'm completely in love with this song.

Stoybin1203
07-01-2005, 07:45 PM
i dont know if this has already been posted, but you can download unplayed piano and the video for 99 cents on iTunes.